Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,297 Posts
Default Re: Loopholes let gun smuggling to Mexico flourish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no im talking about the glenn beck types and nra groups that are painting the doomsday picture that obama is going to take away everyones guns. The cartels got hundereds of millions to spend. theyre hiring americans to buy the guns for them.

this is whats scary-

i think its time the govt know who these guns are being sold to.

as for the military style weapons. they are military weapons, designed for the military. i mean all you have to do to turn a semi, back to fully auto is take it to a machine shop and have them file down the pin, right? thats whats going on in mexico.

so what would you think of all guns manufactured in the US being fitted with a trackable microchip? I mean the law abiding citezen wouldnt have anything to worry about, right? if you buy and register a gun, the govt already knows you have a gun at your location.
Not sure if I like the trackable chip thing, finger print censer maybe. That way only the person who legally owns it can fire it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
At the end of the day, is it really our job to take care of the Mexicans? I don't want to sound like a sole-nationalist here...but if the rest of the world is really so upset over America...let's just pull the great majority of our troops back to become our own personalized border patrol. Nobody in or out...
I agree entirely.

But...

The way I hear it from inside DC is that we allow mass illegal "immigration" because much of the money earned here goes back to families in Mexico. It is said that we really shut that down Mexico would explode into revolution that would spill over into the US. That's the excuse for the debacle on our side. Not sure I buy it, but it could splain some things. Ever wonder why NOBODY (NO-@#$%ing-BODY) will step up to fix this? And its bipartisan.

And...

Our most favored trade partner, the Chinese, flood North America with arms and ammo. Shutting down gun traffic from the US is but a drop in the ocean. Not saying don't do it, just pointing out the minimal impact.

And...

ANYTHING that abridges my right (and responsibility) to bear arms I am vehemently in opposition to.

What is at issue here is not what gets sold to whom in the US. Its what crosses the border. Enforce the border and this aspect of the problem goes away.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
steelers4life66
Water Boy

Member Number: 13365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
90% of the Guns in Mexico are NOT from the United States.

90% of the Guns in Mexico that are Tracable are from the United States (Most sold by the Mexican Military to the Cartels) 17% of the Guns are actual US Made guns.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...umber-claimed/

The Mexican Army. More than 150,000 soldiers deserted in the last six years, according to Mexican Congressman Robert Badillo. Many took their weapons with them, including the standard issue M-16 assault rifle made in Belgium.

"These kinds of guns -- the auto versions of these guns -- they are not coming from El Paso," he said. "They are coming from other sources. They are brought in from Guatemala. They are brought in from places like China. They are being diverted from the military. But you don't get these guns from the U.S."

I am not a Fan of Biased reporting that is Agenda Driven.

The Agenda being to Disarm the Citizens of the United States that Legally Obtain weapons and never commit a crime with them.
Good post. Thanks for the info. They were putting all the blame on us.
steelers4life66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,864 Times in 2,109 Posts

Quote:
AK47s are not manufactured in the United States. They are made in China and Russia. And the AR-15s are sold directly to the Mexican Government.

Does that happen? Sure it does, does it happen at the Volume you suggest?

No.

The majority of guns come in from the Ocean, right into Mexican Ports, and are from other countries that don't care if they arm Mexican Gangs because in the long run, they turn those guns on each other and eventually on Americans.

i know where ak-47's are from. (i dont even know why you brought it up). they are popular worldwide because they are simple, sturdy, easy to maintain, and reliable. you can drop them in swamps and mud and they still work.

and uzis are israeli. now tell me something i dont know.

Quote:
And here we have our difference of opinion. You suggest that the NRA and Beck and groups like that are painting a Doomsday Picture about Obama taking guns away, while you paint a Doomsday Picture of the US Guns in Mexico.
actually we have a difference of facts (even though the only ones you brought to the table came from the same source).

im painting a doomsday picture? more like the ATF and federal agents are. once again reading comprehension fails you. but being that youre on a streak, why end it?

Quote:
What your argument insinuates is that there are truck loads of guns, being run across the border into Mexico, which are bought at Local Gun shops and Gun Shows legally and then sold on the black market to drug cartels.
i see you are gonna just go gbmelblounts route and just completely make shit up. your interperative narrative was lame.

i didnt write the article, youre starting an argument with the lame usage of skewed facts that have nothing to do with the article, and the article descriptively shows EXACTLY how the guns are being smuggled across the boarder. so why would i insinuate "truckloads"?

i didnt suggest the volume. the freaking feds did! what part about this do you not understand?

anyways it seems you are ignorant to the situation that is actually going on down there and are too close minded about being informed.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,864 Times in 2,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Not sure if I like the trackable chip thing, finger print censer maybe. That way only the person who legally owns it can fire it?
i like the print sensor idea. but what technology is closer to existing or cheaper? a chip that can be tracked by sattelite or the fingertip reader?

im not sure if it would even work but why exactly dont you like the chip idea? (other than essentially inviting big brother inside your gun cabinet)
Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,297 Posts

Quote:
i like the print sensor idea. but what technology is closer to existing or cheaper? a chip that can be tracked by sattelite or the fingertip reader?

im not sure if it would even work but why exactly dont you like the chip idea? (other than essentially inviting big brother inside your gun cabinet)
That and they don't need to know where I'm at all the time.
Takes all the fun out of those no tell em spots.

Just thinking... What would the fish cops do with that kind of technology. Might be bad for poachers, but at the same time I don't want one sneaking up on me when I'm hunting either.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #27
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
This article shows that gun control doesnt work in a huge way. No wonder the cartels can take over towns in Mexico, no one else has any guns to defend themselves and the criminals know it.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 AM   #28
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Given the lack of hard data from Mexico, we can't calculate a precise figure for what portion of crime guns have been traced to the U.S. Based on the best evidence we can find so far, we conclude that the 90 percent claim made by the president and others in his administration lacks a basis in solid fact. But we also conclude that the number is at least double what Fox News has reported, based on its reporters' mistaken interpretation of ATF testimony.

Whether the number is 90 percent, or 36 percent, or something else, there's no dispute that thousands of guns are being illegalIy transported into Mexico by way of the United States each year.
factcheck link