Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
So anyone who doesn't like the Buckeyes is ignorant?

I wonder how long it would take you to switch bandwagons if OSU went on a run like the Brownies??

Browns fans who get sick of losing don't jump ship.....they just convince themselves they were Steeler fans all along.

We WANT you to hate us. But I take umbrage with those who don't RESPECT OSU. There's a huge difference. I happen to like PSU, but I've gotten into some pretty spirited arguments about OSU vs PSU on these boards over the years. The main thing I've always tried to do is at least know a little about the Lions program when I talk about them, and give some facts and stats to back up my arguments. You'll NEVER hear me throw out garbage like "So and so sucks and they will lose 50-0"...that's just stupid....

If you come on here displaying no knowledge of the program and just start bashing to bash, I'll call you out on it.

There's two ways to do this: Be respectful and talk football from a knowledgeable position, or just toss out some ignorant trash talk, in which case, it'd be better to move it to the Blast Furnace.

As for the bandwagon garbage, save it. I've been a Buckeye fan for over 30 years, and they definitely haven't all been glorious ones.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Ignorant hate on the Buckeyes. Happens every year, and the Buckeye nation salutes those who participate in it!

Here are some names to get used to hearing...they'll be all over the ESPN highlight reels next season:

RB
Brandon Saine
Boom Herron
Jamall Berry
Carlos Hyde

WR
Dane Sanzenbacher
Garrett Hummel
Posey DeVier
Ray Small
Jake Stoneburner
Lamar Thomas
Taurian Washington

OSU doesn't rebuild. They reload.
Look I graduated from OSU, I was in Tempe when they won the National Championship, but none of those players are going to do squat. Take the homer glasses off for a bit. The big 10 is a joke, and has been for years. Look at bowl records. OSU is hanging on by a thread. They are lucky they play in the perennially weak conference they do. Watch how USC manhandles them again this year.

Those RBs and WRs did nothing against the soft big 10 teams. How can you justify them making a big splash this year??
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

the big 10 is still better than the big east, acc..

i think the only conf better than the big 10 is the sec and usc "i just count them on there own, as the pac-10 ser does blow"

and the big 12 is on the same lvl i think.. b/c there philospy is throw the ball and play no defense

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

OSU has had an average finish of about #7 over the Tressel era. He finally started recruiting blue chip players who DON'T run and catch and throw the football.

I'm just not a nattering nabob of negativism, and, quite frankly, I think it's a joke that OSU alum expect to win a football championship every single year...

As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
OSU has had an average finish of about #7 over the Tressel era. He finally started recruiting blue chip players who DON'T run and catch and throw the football.

I'm just not a nattering nabob of negativism, and, quite frankly, I think it's a joke that OSU alum expect to win a football championship every single year...

As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.
I disagree about the big 10 rising again. I think they are on a steady decline. There is little hope for anyone in that conference save OSU and maybe UM. Let's face it, sports is a short sighted, what have you done for me lately environment. If that weren't the case John Cooper would still be there. What was the average finish of john Cooper teams?

Big 10 football is slow and boring, speed always, always, always kills Big 10 teams, and with the era of the spread offense, the big 10 is not in good shape. We can agree to disagree, fine by me, but what about my comments is petulant? Look at the Big 10's out of conference records against top 25 teams and bowl records, the numbers don't lie.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Here's my problem with you: You don't bring facts to the table.

Guess what? The 2009 OSU football team will be it's fastest ever. They will be running the spread. So your whole argument becomes unhinged because you are citing "facts" that aren't, you know, actually real.

The Big Ten is a copycat conference just like any other. The spread is the flavor of the week. It will have it's 15 minutes and then something new will come along. You remind me of the people who said that satellite radio would kill terrestrial....I think Sirius/XM's stock is trading at about .15 a share right now.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #17
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

I'm sorry what facts have you brought but names that will be on highlights of ESPN?? Nice facts.

Do I have to post the facts of the big 10's records? Can I not just say UM against the Pac 10 in the beginning of the season for the last, oh several years? Or the Big 10's bowl record? Spare me the "you don't bring facts" argument. The numbers are all there, if you choose to ignore them, that's on you. I don't have to post them to validate my point, if you were an intellectually honest and informed fan, you would know exactly what I'm talking about without me posting the facts. These aren't college football secrets.

Fastest ever means nothing, they weren't particularly fast to begin with. That's like saying the Lions will be better this year, fantastic! Where are your so called facts?? Or because I'm saying something you don't like about your precious Buckeyes, I'm the one that has to bring facts??? The ONLY FACT you brought was OSU's average finish position under Tressel. Nice try.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #18
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

[QUOTE=revefsreleets; As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.[/QUOTE]

As far as being short sighted - i am not completly sold on that arguement. You just need to follow the money. ESPN just gave the SEC 2.25 Billion dollars to show its football games. CBS gave the SEC 800 million dollars to show one game a week. So thats over 3 billion dollars in tv rights. so right now the SEC recieves about 70 million a year for tv rights. That now changes to 205 million a year and along with other endorsements yearly income for SEC athelitic departments is expected to increase by 20-25 million per school/per year. That includes lowly Miss. State and Vanderbilt. If you think on campus spending for facilities and coaches are top notch now - just wait. Also with ESPN in bed with the SEC expect to see ESPN to be sautarated with SEC talk, programing, and games. With that saturation expect the SECs dominance to continue. The SEC now has a tv contract when compared to the other conferences an anology can be drawn to the Yankees tv contract with the YES network and the rest of major league baseball.

where as this probally will not have any afftect on team like OSU, the overall effect on the big 10 will most likely be detreimental with its abitly to compete with coaches salaries and on campus facilties. In addition, it may have trouble getting the same exposure that it currently enjoys unless you forsee the big 10 network overshadowing ESPN.

Also i think the Pyror will be very dangerous running a spread offense and i expect OSU to continue its dominance of the big 10.

Last edited by atlsteelers; 04-22-2009 at 10:29 AM.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #19
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Since I'm such a nice guy and because i don't want you to have any "problem" with me....

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortabl...&dir=ascending OSU faced 2 defense in the top 30, PSU and USC, how'd those games turn out??? The rest of the big 10's Defense is all below the top 30.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16343161/ Last years stellar big 10 bowl record!!

http://deadguysecpicks.blogspot.com/...st-decade.html Conference bowl records over the last 10 years, outstanding showing Big 10, take OSU out of the equation and the Big 10 would be disastrous.

I won't even talk about Prior's miserable mechanics, run first mentality or the fact that he only averaged 7.0 yards per completion against the weak big 10 defenses because you'll say he was only a frosh and now he has a new offense and because i believe he'll be the lone bright spot on the team.

Care to bring any of your facts, homer?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #20
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
As far as being short sighted - i am not completly sold on that arguement. You just need to follow the money. ESPN just gave the SEC 2.25 Billion dollars to show its football games. CBS gave the SEC 800 million dollars to show one game a week. So thats over 3 billion dollars in tv rights. so right now the SEC recieves about 70 million a year for tv rights. That now changes to 205 million a year and along with other endorsements yearly income for SEC athelitic departments is expected to increase by 20-25 million per school/per year. That includes lowly Miss. State and Vanderbilt. If you think on campus spending for facilities and coaches are top notch now - just wait. Also with ESPN in bed with the SEC expect to see ESPN to be sautarated with SEC talk, programing, and games. With that saturation expect the SECs dominance to continue. The SEC now has a tv contract when compared to the other conferences an anology can be drawn to the Yankees tv contract with the YES network and the rest of major league baseball.
Don't forget about the Big 10 network, everyone loves watching Purdue vs Iowa in HD!!!!!