Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #21
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

A) I'm pretty sure OSU has the best overall record in football since Tress arrived.
B) OSU is not slow to begin with. That's idiotic. They have been a little slow along the lines, particularly the OL. That changes with an emphasis on recruiting faster guys.
C) Big Ten has their own Network! Their own Network! You want to compare the SEC to YES, but the Big Ten already HAS THAT. It's called "The Big Ten Network" Jesus, how does a deal with CBS trump that?
D) The Big Ten also has a Ten Year deal with ESPN/ABC.

Pryor was true frosh...not even the benefit of Spring ball. This is beautiful! Keep posting CA...it all stays here so we can drag this back out in a few months and see how wildly off your prognostication is/was.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
atlsteelers
Starter
 
atlsteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 607
Member Number: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

rev
its all about revenue. how much revenue does the big 10 network generate? how much does espn pay the big ten?

if you want to look at the facts just look at the projected revenues.

The Big 12 and ABC/ESPN announced Thursday a contract extension that is reportedly worth almost $500 million, will run from 2008-2016 and extends from television across several multimedia platforms.

ESPN and the SEC have signed a contract for 15 years at 2.25 billion.
CBS and the SEC have signed a contract for 15 years at 800 million.

so eight years at 500 million or 15 years at 3.25 billion?
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58254

Big Ten Network alone could pay the conference almost 3 billion.

ESPN's deal is 1 billion over ten years.

National TV rights for Division I-A conferences
Conference
(2005-06 TV revenue, millions) Network(s) and terms

ACC ($69.05) ABC/ESPN (7 years, $258 million for football); Lincoln Financial/Raycom Sports ($300 million, 10 years for basketball)

Big 12 ($50.0) ABC/ESPN (8 years, $480 million); FSN* (4 years, $78 million)

Big East ($19.2**) ABC/ESPN (6 years, $200 million)

Big Ten (NA) ESPN (10 years, $1.0 billion);

CBS (10 years, $20 million for basketball); Big Ten Network (25 years, $2.8 billion)

Pac-10 ($43.0) ABC/ESPN (5 years, $125 million for football); FSN* (5 years, $97 million for football); ABC/ESPN (6 years, $52.5 million for basketball)

SEC ($57.0) CBS (NA) and ESPN (NA)

* FSN’s football contracts include a multiyear sublicense agreement with other cable networks.
The conferences receive no direct revenue from the sublicensing deals.
** Includes revenue from terrestrial radio rights deals. Does not include revenue from a six-year, $200 million deal that began in August 2007, giving ESPN rights to broadcast basketball and football games across all of its platforms.
Sources: Conference Form 990s filed with the IRS
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #24
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
A) I'm pretty sure OSU has the best overall record in football since Tress arrived.
B) OSU is not slow to begin with. That's idiotic. They have been a little slow along the lines, particularly the OL. That changes with an emphasis on recruiting faster guys.
C) Big Ten has their own Network! Their own Network! You want to compare the SEC to YES, but the Big Ten already HAS THAT. It's called "The Big Ten Network" Jesus, how does a deal with CBS trump that?
D) The Big Ten also has a Ten Year deal with ESPN/ABC.

Pryor was true frosh...not even the benefit of Spring ball. This is beautiful! Keep posting CA...it all stays here so we can drag this back out in a few months and see how wildly off your prognostication is/was.
Still waiting on your facts...

A. What does OSU's record have to do with whether they play in a weak conference? If anything that further proves my point.
B. OSU is slow compared to the other top schools, do you not watch games?

Again, where are your facts? I will keep posting because OSU will cruise through another Big 10 season (because the Big 10 sucks, undisputed by any factual reference on your part) and they will probably back their way into another BCS game where they will be over matched (0-3 in the last 3 years? Again, undisputed by any factual reference by you).

See, your problem is you're a blind homer. You want to act like the OSU forum police and pretend you are going to call people on the carpet for not bringing facts. Yet, you bring none of your own, hypocrisy much? Take off the scarlet and gray glasses, admit the big 10 is weak and that OSU benefits from playing in a perennially weak conference, or bring your own facts, pretty simple. My points have been backed up with facts.

Your turn.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #25
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post

I won't even talk about Prior's miserable mechanics, run first mentality or the fact that he only averaged 7.0 yards per completion against the weak big 10 defenses because you'll say he was only a frosh and now he has a new offense and because I believe he'll be the lone bright spot on the team.

Care to bring any of your facts, homer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

Pryor was true frosh...not even the benefit of Spring ball.
My prognostication seems to be just fine so far!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Nah, this is boring.

But this fall will be fun!

Just curious...when the Bucks beat USC, what will be the excuse? The refs? Space Aliens?
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #27
atlsteelers
Starter
 
atlsteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 607
Member Number: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58254

Big Ten Network alone could pay the conference almost 3 billion.

ESPN's deal is 1 billion over ten years.

National TV rights for Division I-A conferences
Conference
(2005-06 TV revenue, millions) Network(s) and terms

ACC ($69.05) ABC/ESPN (7 years, $258 million for football); Lincoln Financial/Raycom Sports ($300 million, 10 years for basketball)

Big 12 ($50.0) ABC/ESPN (8 years, $480 million); FSN* (4 years, $78 million)

Big East ($19.2**) ABC/ESPN (6 years, $200 million)

Big Ten (NA) ESPN (10 years, $1.0 billion);

CBS (10 years, $20 million for basketball); Big Ten Network (25 years, $2.8 billion)

Pac-10 ($43.0) ABC/ESPN (5 years, $125 million for football); FSN* (5 years, $97 million for football); ABC/ESPN (6 years, $52.5 million for basketball)

SEC ($57.0) CBS (NA) and ESPN (NA)

* FSN’s football contracts include a multiyear sublicense agreement with other cable networks.
The conferences receive no direct revenue from the sublicensing deals.
** Includes revenue from terrestrial radio rights deals. Does not include revenue from a six-year, $200 million deal that began in August 2007, giving ESPN rights to broadcast basketball and football games across all of its platforms.
Sources: Conference Form 990s filed with the IRS

well citing an article that is over a year old prior to the mega deals that the SEC signed with ESPN and CBS is great. Also projecting that a network that barely made a profit to generate 3 billion is a joke.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #28
atlsteelers
Starter
 
atlsteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 607
Member Number: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Nah, this is boring.

But this fall will be fun!

Just curious...when the Bucks beat USC, what will be the excuse? The refs? Space Aliens?
Nah i would be more curiuos watching pigs fly
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #29
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Nah, this is boring.

But this fall will be fun!

Just curious...when the Bucks beat USC, what will be the excuse? The refs? Space Aliens?
I love it, called out in your own call out thread!!! Now it's boring when the facts come out!! Blind homerism is grand!!

Put your money where your mouth is, let's put a steelers shirt on the USC game. You can't come up with any facts in your "bring facts" thread, let's see if you'll sack up and place a wager. What was the Buckeyes excuse last year?
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #30
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

I posted what I could easily find...and the SEC info was already posted. As I said, you bore me, so I'm not going to invest much more time sparring with you...although I do find it curious that your "facts" have nothing to do with Tressel's record, his recruiting, team speed, or their average finish. What IS clear is that you hate the Buckeyes...and THAT I enjoy, regardless of your status as alum or not.

It will be fun watching you be wrong...and I'll be here to point it out...

The bet? You're on.

Bucks 31
Trojans 21

Pryor (bad mechanics and all) will pass for 200 and rush for 150.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts