Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #31
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

The bet? You're on.

Bucks 31
Trojans 21

Pryor (bad mechanics and all) will pass for 200 and rush for 150.
u MUST be high... not only are the trojans one of the best teams in college football.. i highly doubt pryor will do that against them..
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #32
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Yeah, Pryor has bust written all over him

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...0.html?sid=101

Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor made it clear yesterday that last season was not good enough, both personally and as a team.

Talking tough at times, the sophomore said he was disgusted when he watched film of his debut season and saw how much he did not know about coverages and defenses.

Pryor was inserted into the starting lineup after Ohio State lost to Southern California to drop to 2-1. The Buckeyes finished 10-3, losing to Penn State and then to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

He vowed to become a better leader, to keep the Buckeyes together "and make sure we're getting after it, because there's teams out there waiting for us, and there's teams that we owe some stuff to. So we've just got to bring it, man."

Pryor threw for 1,311 yards last season, with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions. He led the Big Ten in passing efficiency, but he threw the ball only 15 times a game in his 10 starts.

Part of that was a conservative game plan, but part was Pryor's inexperience. He often pulled down the ball and ran it, ending as the Buckeyes' second-leading rusher with 631 yards.

He did not report last year until June and practiced as the backup to Todd Boeckman for all of preseason camp and the first three weeks of the season.

So the idea is that with a full offseason behind him -- studying film and working on fundamentals -- Pryor will be a more polished passer this fall.

The films have taught him some tough lessons. "I can't believe I didn't know that. But now I know it -- I know when that strong blitz comes, I'm going to go weak to that comeback (route) and we're going to get 18 yards, and get the ball to the receivers that can go, and maybe they can take it to the house."

Offensive quality-control coach Nick Siciliano, who has been working most closely with Pryor, said the emphasis was to improve Pryor's recognition and his footwork.

Contrary to many observers' belief, Siciliano said Pryor's sometimes funky throwing motion is not the problem.

"Most of the time, you'll find that if there's an issue somewhere, it's more with (a quarterback's) legs than it is their upper body," he said.

With Pryor's motion, "There are times where the ball doesn't always come off at the perfect point," Siciliano said. "(But) I don't think he's got an issue with it."

Pryor said he has been working on going through a five-step drop, planting and driving off as he throws. He said he's throwing with more velocity this spring
.


He said he has gained seven or eight pounds of muscle in the offseason and is up to 238. He said he's fine physically, other than having a sore arm for a day or two last week.

He had little patience for talking about last year, brushing off a question about his poor performance in the Texas game (5-of-14 passing), and another one about the coaching staff taking criticism for its offensive philosophy.

"I don't listen to anybody outside the team," he said. "And us as a team, we don't listen. If coach (Jim Tressel) was coming in and saying something like, 'This is horrible,' and saying all this stuff that outsiders are saying, then we'd worry, but he's not going to do that.

"He's a perfect coach, and we've got the perfect staff, and we don't really care what anyone else says."
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner
 
xXTheSteelKingsXx's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,636
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
u MUST be high... not only are the trojans one of the best teams in college football.. i highly doubt pryor will do that against them..
Considering USC's top 4 linebackers are all leaving those stats could be a bit modest. Pryor was a god send coming out of high school and now all of the sudden he is garbage because because he dosn't win a title in is true freshmen season. Give me a break. Tressel and the rest of the OSU coaching staff are going to develope him into a better passer just like they did with Troy Smith.
__________________
xXTheSteelKingsXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #34
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
Considering USC's top 4 linebackers are all leaving those stats could be a bit modest. Pryor was a god send coming out of high school and now all of the sudden he is garbage because because he dosn't win a title in is true freshmen season. Give me a break. Tressel and the rest of the OSU coaching staff are going to develope him into a better passer just like they did with Troy Smith.
u and rev must be blind....

did i say the kid was a bust??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...


i just said i highly doubt that he will get 200 yrds passing and 150 yrs rushing against usc... and the last time i checked... that didn't translate into me calling him a bust

and so what if usc is losing there starting 3/4 lb's... there replacements will prob be just as good...
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #35
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Yeah, Pryor has bust written all over him
if that was towards me...

u must be blind.. cuz no where did i say the kid was a bust.... and u need to know how 2 read..

if it wasn't then..sry..
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #36
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

No, not you...CA. He is the self-professed expert on all things Buckeye football, except he doesn't actually seem to know ANYTHING about the current team.

Back to Pryor. True Frosh. Didn't join the team until June. Played with the second team until September. Ran Boeckman's offense. Considering all that, he still managed to come in and be productive, and he literally showed flashes of single-handedly taking games over.

The knocks I've heard against him here are largely irrelevant when considered in context. Was he run-first? You betcha...he may be next year, too. Maybe not, though. The kid CAN pass. He was asked to do very little last year. Look for the primary receiver, and if he's not open, take off. Weird delivery and poor mechanics? Perhaps...but so what? Favre had both, and he turned out okay.

With a year under his belt, a new offense geared towards his strengths, and some proper tutelage, Pryor will most definitely show why he was the #1 recruit last year.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #37
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Only problem with Pryor is that his passes suck for the most part, he has no WRs and no RB. Other than that he should be great! Prepare for your beatdown in the Shoe!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
The big 10 is a joke, and has been for years. Look at bowl records. OSU is hanging on by a thread. They are lucky they play in the perennially weak conference they do. Watch how USC manhandles them again this year.

Those RBs and WRs did nothing against the soft big 10 teams. How can you justify them making a big splash this year??
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I disagree about the big 10 rising again. I think they are on a steady decline. There is little hope for anyone in that conference save OSU and maybe UM.

Look at the Big 10's out of conference records against top 25 teams and bowl records, the numbers don't lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I'm sorry what facts have you brought but names that will be on highlights of ESPN?? Nice facts.

Do I have to post the facts of the big 10's records? Can I not just say UM against the Pac 10 in the beginning of the season for the last, oh several years? Or the Big 10's bowl record? Spare me the "you don't bring facts" argument. The numbers are all there, if you choose to ignore them, that's on you. I don't have to post them to validate my point, if you were an intellectually honest and informed fan, you would know exactly what I'm talking about without me posting the facts. These aren't college football secrets.

The ONLY FACT you brought was OSU's average finish position under Tressel. Nice try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
A) I'm pretty sure OSU has the best overall record in football since Tress arrived.
B) OSU is not slow to begin with. That's idiotic. They have been a little slow along the lines, particularly the OL. That changes with an emphasis on recruiting faster guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Still waiting on your facts...

A. What does OSU's record have to do with whether they play in a weak conference? If anything that further proves my point.
B. OSU is slow compared to the other top schools, do you not watch games?

Again, where are your facts? I will keep posting because OSU will cruise through another Big 10 season (because the Big 10 sucks, undisputed by any factual reference on your part) and they will probably back their way into another BCS game where they will be over matched (0-3 in the last 3 years? Again, undisputed by any factual reference by you).

See, your problem is you're a blind homer. You want to act like the OSU forum police and pretend you are going to call people on the carpet for not bringing facts. Yet, you bring none of your own, hypocrisy much? Take off the scarlet and gray glasses, admit the big 10 is weak and that OSU benefits from playing in a perennially weak conference, or bring your own facts, pretty simple. My points have been backed up with facts.

Your turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I posted what I could easily find...and the SEC info was already posted. As I said, you bore me, so I'm not going to invest much more time sparring with you...although I do find it curious that your "facts" have nothing to do with Tressel's record, his recruiting, team speed, or their average finish. What IS clear is that you hate the Buckeyes...and THAT I enjoy, regardless of your status as alum or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
No, not you...CA. He is the self-professed expert on all things Buckeye football, except he doesn't actually seem to know ANYTHING about the current team.
Since you obviously have a giant reading comprehension problem, I restated all my arguments with some of your attempts at deflection.

My point is, and always has been throughout the thread, that the big 10 is weak and OSU benefits from playing in a piss poor conference. What does Tressel's record have to do with playing in a weak conference? What's his BCS record? What's the big 10's out of conference record? Those are the FACTS I posted. His recruiting , team speed and average finish have absolutely ZERO to do with playing in a weak conference, other than it helps his overall record.

Read my comments, I said OSU will cruise through the Big 10. I don't hate OSU, I hate ignorant homer fans like you.

You HOPE Pryor is fine with his mechanics, You HOPE he proves he is the #1 recruit. Then you bring in Favre like that rationalizes it all. That's 1 guy out of how many???? That's your proof??? If you could just be reasonable for one second instead of getting all butt hurt whenever anyone points out a glaring deficiency in OSU's game maybe we could have an intelligent conversation. Now it's all personal for you because you are offended ANYONE would criticize the great OSU

You can't bring any facts to prove the Big 10 isn't weak, because they are.

You can't bring any facts to prove Pryor will be remarkable this year, no one knows.

I brought facts to back up my points and now it's boring. I don't profess to be the all knowing guru on OSU football, but it you take a time-out and stop being a baby, you will see I brought up very real and very reasonable points.

This is typical of OSU fans, will you remember to bring the thread up when you lose?? I like the black Sixburgh shirt, size L please.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #38
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
if that was towards me...

u must be blind.. cuz no where did i say the kid was a bust.... and u need to know how 2 read..

if it wasn't then..sry..
Nor did I say he was a bust, but rev seems to be pulling a tony hipchest when it comes to OSU
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #39
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
Considering USC's top 4 linebackers are all leaving those stats could be a bit modest. Pryor was a god send coming out of high school and now all of the sudden he is garbage because because he dosn't win a title in is true freshmen season. Give me a break. Tressel and the rest of the OSU coaching staff are going to develope him into a better passer just like they did with Troy Smith.
You are absolutely right, no one expected him to win the NC last year, and no one in this thread said he is garbage or a bust. The problem, in large part, with OSU fans is they are way too into OSU, probably because there isn't much else in OH. You can't be reasonable with them.

Pryor threw a lot of garbage passes last year. I don't think you can honestly say he impressed anyone as a passer. He showed flashes of brilliance, but it was more with his running than passing. Sure he had some pretty balls, and he had some terrible balls. For the most part he was a mediocre passer at best. Fair enough?

Sure he'll be better this year, but what does he have around him that will complement him? His whole offense is gone and the defense took a big hit too. The WRs and RBs are unproven. The little they did show last year was not anything to write home about. If OSU exceeds expectations next year it will because of Pryor, not because of any other offensive weapon. OSU will easily be a top 15 team next year, maybe top 10. They may be ranked higher at the end because they will lose to USC in week 2 then cake walk through the big 10.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #40
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post


i just said i highly doubt that he will get 200 yrds passing and 150 yrs rushing against usc...
I think he will because that's all they have.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts