Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #51
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

the last couple of mock drafts i have seen.. they have him going in the 2nd rd..

so he should be there
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #52
DACEB
Banned
 
DACEB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,480
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
He won't be there...I already said I'd eat my hat if he lasts that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

But he'll be gone by 20 or so anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

I still think he's gone well before #32.
Never mind the hat, why not a bet. If he doesn't go by 20 like you say then you leave the board, if he does then I'll go. How 'bout it?
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #53
SunshineMan21
Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 466
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9294
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
No, because he'll be gone.

Laurinaitis is indeed dropping because of combine stuff. But combine #'s are only tools that help determine the decisions FO's make, and draft analysts DO NOT SELECT PLAYERS IN THE NFL DRAFT. In fact, the only real number I saw that was so negative was his 40, and, as I've said before, the day players start playing the game in shorts and t-shirts and running in straight lines is the day I'll pay attention to 40 times. He's football fast, and that's what counts...

Also, James' decsion to not play in the Sr. Bowl hurt him a little bit in the eyes of some, but, really, what was he going to prove? He's played for 4, and started for 3 in a program that has had an average ending rank of #5. He had and has nothing to prove.

I still think he's gone well before #32.

Gholston I think has little to do with it, either. It's premature to call Ghost a bust, because he was a DE on the Bucks and mostly asked to rush the QB. Just as it takes time for our LBers (who PLAYED LB in college) to adjust to the system, it will take him some time to adjust to standing up. I think he'll end up being a decent LB. But Lil Animal is something special. But he's also a Buckeye, which triggers knee-jerk hate...that doesn't help either.

Again, FO's aren't going to late hatred of a program blind them to true talent. That kind of ignorance is much better represented by MB posters...

By the by, another LB who's stock dropped because his 40 time was percieved as too slow was Chad Greenway. He ran a 4.74 and was supposed to drop in the draft because of it. He was picked 17th overall, and that "bust" had 115 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

Greenway is not as good as Laurinaitis.
You may like him. I certainly like him. And LeBeau seems to like him. That doesn't mean that FOs (who, let's be honest, aren't all as capable as Colbert) like him.

The fact is, FOs don't like him enough to draft him top 20 . . . I would bet a ton he's not gone by 20, and if he were taken that early it would be considered a fairly large surprise at this point.

Most mocks have him as a second-round picks at this point, because there are only so many LBs that are going to get drafted that high, and most teams have the 3-4 Hybrids, as well as the USC LBs ahead of him.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #54
J Dogg
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 250
Member Number: 13272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

I have to wonder how many coaches say things like this to players and it never makes it to the media.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #55
J Dogg
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 250
Member Number: 13272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post
You may like him. I certainly like him. And LeBeau seems to like him. That doesn't mean that FOs (who, let's be honest, aren't all as capable as Colbert) like him.

The fact is, FOs don't like him enough to draft him top 20 . . . I would bet a ton he's not gone by 20, and if he were taken that early it would be considered a fairly large surprise at this point.

Most mocks have him as a second-round picks at this point, because there are only so many LBs that are going to get drafted that high, and most teams have the 3-4 Hybrids, as well as the USC LBs ahead of him.
If the Steelers were going to take a linebacker, I'd rather have Manaluga.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #56
SunshineMan21
Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 466
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9294
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

See, but Maualuga actually won't be there at 32.

I'm not sure whether Laurinaitis will, either, but I don't think Maulaugua is an option. If he was, I think he would be possibly better than Laurinaitis, although I'm not sure it's clear-cut.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #57
Steel Head
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,116
Member Number: 13393
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post
See, but Maualuga actually won't be there at 32.

I'm not sure whether Laurinaitis will, either, but I don't think Maulaugua is an option. If he was, I think he would be possibly better than Laurinaitis, although I'm not sure it's clear-cut.
dont be all fixed on staying at #32. the Steelers aren't shy about moving up to select someone. If there is somebody the Steelers value highly that starts slipping in the 1st round, the Steelers could easily move up 5-10 spots to grab him.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #58
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACEB View Post
Never mind the hat, why not a bet. If he doesn't go by 20 like you say then you leave the board, if he does then I'll go. How 'bout it?
Pass. It's the draft. Nothing is certain.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #59
SunshineMan21
Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 466
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9294
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
dont be all fixed on staying at #32. the Steelers aren't shy about moving up to select someone. If there is somebody the Steelers value highly that starts slipping in the 1st round, the Steelers could easily move up 5-10 spots to grab him.
That's true, but I don't think we would move up for a LB. A LB would almost certainly be a BPA pick we made because they fell into our laps.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #60
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

hey might move for an OL. They might move for a Butler or Jenkins if they are in love with a guy like that. But can't see it for anything other than OL or CB.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts