Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #391
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens / Flyers

I have been gone all day long - I just got back home about a half hour ago. But I did manage to catch the last 5 minutes of the game from a bar in Harrisburg and saw Crosby clinch it with the empty netter. And after reading this thread...wow. What an amazing comeback by the Pens to finally send the Flyers to the golf course, and on their home ice. Even better that Crosby was the one who put the final nail in their coffin.

For the final time this season, and I hope that this is excused...

PHUCK FILLY.

See ya next year, assbags!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #392
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I blame Letang for our win!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:07 AM   #393
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Naturally this wuld be the only game of this series I couldn't watch in its entirety. Oh, I saw the frst period, and then had to go to the club for the drunken pool banquet. As the Pens were tossing the Flyers I was was tossing drunks. So, glad not to see a game seven. I'd still rather play Jersey.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #394
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

My flyers fan brother called me after it was over to say congratulations and told me that the gamed turned around on that fight. After that, the flyers just got overwhelmed by the Pens.

I never knew losing a fight could help change the mentality.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #395
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
My flyers fan brother called me after it was over to say congratulations and told me that the gamed turned around on that fight. After that, the flyers just got overwhelmed by the Pens.

I never knew losing a fight could help change the mentality.
It's not that he lost the fight, Talbot went out, challenged and fought a much more experienced fighter in Daniel Carcillo in order to change momentum, and because he felt responsible for one of the Flyers' goals. Teammates always appreciate it when a guy does that, and it can give them a big lift even if he loses.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #396
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The only Flyer that I have any degree of respect for is Biron. The guy gave his all and made some spectacular saves throughout the series. He's most likely getting the blame from the asstard Flyers fans, which is totally unjustified, imho.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #397
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
The only Flyer that I have any degree of respect for is Biron. The guy gave his all and made some spectacular saves throughout the series. He's most likely getting the blame from the asstard Flyers fans, which is totally unjustified, imho.
Yep, if I were him(especially since I heard his contract is now up) I'd get out of Philly and go to a town he'd be appreciated in. He's a far better goalie then Antero Nittymaki(their back up despite he has been fairing better as of late).

I have also seen Philly fans blame the refs for their failure. I guess they never heard these words.

"The men in striped shirts don't win games, only those who wear the team jerseys do."

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #398
Rek
Starter

Member Number: 10681

Props to SOME of the Flyers and their fans for making the series interesting and not a low-out. To the rest of them, Phuck Off, maybe next yr u'll finally beat the Pens.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #399
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
He's taking quite a bit of heat even though the man is responsible for getting them to game 6 in the first place. He is also a UFA on July 1, and if I were him, I'd leave. He's too good for that piece of crap franchise and fans. Carcillo is also taking some heat for fighting with his team up 3-0 and sparking the Pens' comeback, which I really don't agree with either. Sure he shouldn't have done it, but that loss was a collective shitting of the bed by the whole team, who thought the game was over. Mike Richards and especially Jeff Carter are also taking a bit of criticism for not putting up enough points. Richards had 6 points in the series, but Carter scored just 1 goal and was a non-factor most of the series. Surprisingly, the Flyers fans I've encountered aren't blaming the refs - I thought for sure that they would. Because after all, if the Pens get one more PP than the opposition, it must be a conspiracy.