Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #21
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Obama/GE Scandal to Make Watergate Look Like Shirley Temple Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
He was elected to force our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren into debt that they had no part in causing? He was elected to bash our country to Arab and Islam leaders? Pray tell - I've been asking this question for weeks on this board - what exactly has The Savior done productive since he's been in office?
(Listens to Jeopardy music)

That didn't take long.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #22
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Quote:
He was elected to force our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren into debt that they had no part in causing? He was elected to bash our country to Arab and Islam leaders? Pray tell - I've been asking this question for weeks on this board - what exactly has The Savior done productive since he's been in office?
Presidents have been doing that for over 20years... Obama hasn't changed the normal business of Washington in that regard but to me... It seems only logical... If your going to spend money... You need to make it first... So we have to tax. And if your in DEBT as we are now then we REALLY need to pay taxes. Or pull a Berny Madoff on China...

I think we are just looking at paying the DEBT off slowly... Sure the grandkids will be paying on it still in the future but thats better than having THEIR parents having to work off the debt to China pretty much living in a slum of a nation. I think the idea is to keep us above water(standard of living) as we find and patch the holes... Then bail the water(debt) out. Its not the fastest method but its better than just letting it sink(spend like crazy and NOT tax)...
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #23
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines0wnz View Post
I didnt vote for him or McCain for that matter but he hasnt done much, if any, of what he said he'd do. From a certain context, you are right because he was elected and he is a politician and doing what's best for the causes of his choice. Unfortunately I dont see the super majority of the populace being one of those causes. I could poo poo and say he is performing "politics as usual" but its still a little early to empty my rhetoric gun on him. I like the guy but he has failed to show me the leadership aspect a President is expected to ascertain from the job. It has been clear that these last 97 days have been OJT for Obama.

I understand the last administration left a bad taste in everyone's mouth but how long are we going to be patient as he figures things out? Spending money like a drunk sailor in Spain (me, once upon a time ) isnt going to get the economy anywhere. And lest we forget the stupid Taliban in Pakistan. Obama has a tough job, I do not envy him at all, but I feel as smart as he appears to be this is one task's learning curve that may be out of his reach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Did you agree with his platform Patriot?
Quote:
The presidency is primarily a cheerleading position when it comes to the economy. Character, intelligence, and all the virtues we believe define a great leader fall in second (on a scale of importance) to image. That's just capitalism. Our economy has been based solely on the people's faith in the U.S. government for almost a hundred years now. Ever wonder where all the billions of dollars people lost in the stock market went? Most of it never existed to begin with! People have a certain amount of faith in the value of stock, and when that faith disappears the stocks become worthless. The same applies to the U.S. dollar. There's nobody monitoring the U.S.'s payment plan. The deficit is purely theoretical. It's like borrowing money from yourself.

Image is everything and the Bush Administration unfortunately damaged their image (conceivably through no fault of their own). Iraq is the perfect example. Two presidents, two almost identical strategies, yet one strategy will end the war while the other has dug us deeper into a conflict we should never have started. The press loves Obama, much of America loves Obama, Europe wants to marry Obama. He's intelligent, he's reasonable, and he's not an ideologue, despite some of his rhetoric. He doesn't have to be a great president, he just has to look like one.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I don't think it's his job to defend the president. I'm sure he must find it somewhat enjoyable. I move to question your role.

You are forgetting, as a member of the ousted political party, that you find the president disagreeable because he ran on a different political platform during the election (which you apparently disagreed with). So it is no mystery that, since then, you continue to disagree with him. Unfortunately, for you, this is a democracy, and a democracy respects the will of the majority. I know that unyielding confidence in their own judgment can compel some in the minority to drag their feet every step of the way, but it really only serves to be counterproductive to solving the problems at hand.

Obama made things very clear during the election. No one should be surprised. He's doing exactly what America elected him to do. And if you remain unsatisfied with the tally, let me remind you that there are still plenty of governments out there that think the masses are too easily mislead, too uneducated, too emotional, and thus wholly incapable of making their own decisions. I suggest you read up on them.
This is wrong on a couple points.

A) Obama ran on many planks of his platform that I disagreed with
B) I still disagree with them.
C) Fortunately, he has adopted so many Bush/McCain stances, that I no longer disagree with Obama on those issues, because Obama has moved so far from his very wrong positions.
D) To clarify, I AGREE with many of the CURRENT Obama positions...but not his campaign promised positions. Those have changed considerably.
E) But I'm still well within my rights to point out his lies, flip-flops and inconsistencies.
F) THAT is my "job".
G) It's good that it irritates people. It should. People SHOULD be irritated, but not with me. I'm just the messenger. Stop hating the messenger and start hating the message.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #25
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This is wrong on a couple points.

A) Obama ran on many planks of his platform that I disagreed with
B) I still disagree with them.
C) Fortunately, he has adopted so many Bush/McCain stances, that I no longer disagree with Obama on those issues, because Obama has moved so far from his very wrong positions.
D) To clarify, I AGREE with many of the CURRENT Obama positions...but not his campaign promised positions. Those have changed considerably.
E) But I'm still well within my rights to point out his lies, flip-flops and inconsistencies.
F) THAT is my "job".
G) It's good that it irritates people. It should. People SHOULD be irritated, but not with me. I'm just the messenger. Stop hating the messenger and start hating the message.
You forgot one Rev...

H) I'm not a player I just crush a lot.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #26
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

So how long does one have to wait before this becomes bigger than Watergate????
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #27
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Steel Head View Post
With CNN/MSNBC running the show, don't hold your breath. They won't report it. Obama is the savior. Only Fox News will report it...and they'll just got shouted down/ridiculed/deflected away by the other outlets.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #28
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Oh I see!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #29
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
tony hipchest

lol

bill oreilly is "mainstream" media.
Does that matter more than whether or not the allegations are true? Based on your post, it clearly appears you feel that way.

Quote:
tony hipchest
plus how could a rich capitalist ceo of a company be supporting obama?
Lots of them do because they feel Obama is more likely to pass legislation that would line their pockets.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #30
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Steel Head View Post
Good question. My question is, if these allegations turn out to be true, and provable, do you not think this is a big deal?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote