Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #31
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: Arlen Specter = proven idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWillieRun View Post
So don't watch it if you don't want. I'm sure you'll be much happier watching MSNBC and CNN slobber over how great of a move this was for him and the country.
Its funny how without watching the TV you know the exact tone of each network and how they are going to play this Arlen move.....Gotta Love Politics! ( actually i dont, but football is so far off right now)
Old 04-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #32
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Because right now SUCKS???????
The only thing that I do not want to see change is the Steelers winning Superbowls
And spending more money (that we don't have) on the rich assholes who effed things up in the first place is the answer? Rrrriggghhttt.

Last edited by fansince'76; 04-29-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Please, no F-bombs!
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,755 Times in 2,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
And spending more money (that we don't have) on the rich assholes who effed things up in the first place is the answer? Rrrriggghhttt.
are you suggesting a republican controlled congress or presidency wouldnt be doing the EXACT same thing?

the saudi prince's investments in citifinancial MUST be protected. he's our buddy. (just ask our last 2 republicain presidents).

i know bowing to a saudi on camera may look bad, but have no idea how sucking them off in the bathroom (off camera) can be seen as "less worse".

Last edited by fansince'76; 04-29-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Removed F-bomb from quoted post.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #34
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Just think....The repubicans were in complete controll and they failed to do their job.... That is why record number of voters went out and completely changed the houses.
Dont expect to have 2010 change anything. People are tired of the Rep. party and their unwillingness to make CHANGE and hold onto ideas and beliefs that have no effect on America

Hmmm, what platform did the majority of Dems run on in the electionI beleive you are talking about? Lets see, if I remember right, it was vote for us Democrats and we will end the Iraq conflict. Guess what, still there. Hell, the ones that beat their fists on the podium stating that they would get us out of Iraq if elected in are the same ones that turned around pretty quick and signed onto more money for the conflict. All the Dems did in that election was tell the sheeple what they wanted to hear, and then flip right around and do what they wanted. The democratic party does not have a platform to stand on, they say one thing and do the other. Look at Obama taking on Bush's "failed" policies as his own. At least Bush, as much as I disagreed with him on some policies, told you what he was going to do flat out, whether you liked it or not.

What really scares me about this Specter jumping ship thing is that with Specter a dem now, and Franken looking like he is going to win in Minnesota is this gives the Dems the magic 60. They now have cloture, and the only defense the Republicans had to defeat a bill is now gone if the dems want it that way. I cannot wait for the next Congressional election, our country needs it to get here soon.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #35
trauben
Bench Warmer

Location: City of reigning Super Bowl and Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Member Number: 7929

Quote:
Just think....The repubicans were in complete controll and they failed to do their job.... That is why record number of voters went out and completely changed the houses.
No it's NOT BBFW!

I am one of those Republicans who is reflected in those numbers having changed party affiliation last year. I also convinced my mother and stepfather to do the same, but that was in order for us to vote in the primaries and swing votes for Hillary over BO.

Us Republicans here in PA had no real vote when it came to the presidential primaries last year. By that time Huckabee had dropped out and that only left us with McCain (Ron Paul wasn't a real choice). WE HAD NO VOTE unless we wanted to play dirty ball.

I like playing dirty ball so I jumped across the aisle. My Mom and stepdad did, too, along with some of my friends. I know a lot of us did it for THAT REASON ONLY!

What they don't mention is how many of those same people switched back after the primaries. My mom and stepdad did because they couldn't stand the "D" next to their name. I didn't care. I had been a "D" until 2004 when I finally went Republican. After last year's primaries I kept the "D" because I wanted to mess with the polls some more and have them reflect a "D" voting for McCain/Palin! Since then I've been lazy and haven't switched back (but this has prompted me to get off my butt and switch it back, and I'll double check with those I know did the same).

So those numbers have nothing to do with his BS excuse for finally coming clean and sucking a$$ BIG TIME!

It has everything to do with Republicans of this great state of Pennsylvania wanting to have had a voice in the primaries last year, even if it was a voice influencing what happened for the other party!

Last edited by trauben; 04-29-2009 at 09:13 AM.
trauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #36
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
are you suggesting a republican controlled congress or presidency wouldnt be doing the EXACT same thing?

the saudi prince's investments in citifinancial MUST be protected. he's our buddy. (just ask our last 2 republicain presidents).

i know bowing to a saudi on camera may look bad, but have no idea how sucking them off in the bathroom (off camera) can be seen as "less worse".
I'm sorry, go back and look at how many Republicans agreed to the stimulus package.

As for your last line, that's the best you got? Some made up stunt? It's obvious that you have because that's the only "intelligent" argument you seem to be able to resort to.

I suppose that the Saudi Prince stopped being our buddy for the 8 years that Clinton was in office? Or do you ignore that long period of time in between the last two republicans?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #37
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
At least Bush, as much as I disagreed with him on some policies, told you what he was going to do flat out, whether you liked it or not.

What really scares me about this Specter jumping ship thing is that with Specter a dem now, and Franken looking like he is going to win in Minnesota is this gives the Dems the magic 60. They now have cloture, and the only defense the Republicans had to defeat a bill is now gone if the dems want it that way. I cannot wait for the next Congressional election, our country needs it to get here soon.
Disagree on Bush being a straight shooter. Jon Stewart once held a debate between Governor George Bush (using clips from 2000) and President George Bush (using clips from 2002-03).

You shouldn't worry about the cloture part. Having a 60th Democrat doesn't change the rules. Specter will vote the same way on cloture motions that he would have as an R, and filibusters will be decided on a case by case basis. On some issues, he and the Maine Senators will join the Democrats. On others, you'll see Nelson, Landrieu, etc. voting with the GOP.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #38
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Setting politics aside to create solutions to America's problems.
~A.S.
Resorting to a child's game in an attempt to bamboozle voters.

~ A.S.S.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #39
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
What I'd like to know is what makes him think it's going to be any better for him in the Democratic Party? All he has to do is look at what happened to the Blue Dog Dems who opposed the stimulus package to see how they treat those who do not walk in lockstep with the majority.
Switching is the only "prayer" he has of holding his seat. My hope is that Pennsylvania-Americans will retire this asshat.

I echo Pisn's sentiments - @#$% him and the horse he rode in on.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #40
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Reps don't "become" dems for any reason other than to affect primaries in their favor.

Actually changing parties is usually the effect of having thought about it and being compelled by the party's positions. Nobody with a functional brain would join the dems as they stand for nothing but abortion and control.

The "record" numbers that changed the landscape were those that are sold out to dem core "values" (A&C), the sea of frothing at the mouth leftists (the "media", "education", unions, gubmint "workers"), the brain dead CNN / MSNBC / MTV audience, the indolent, felons, illegal immigrants, and all manner of slime that ACORN dragged out from under slippery rocks. bho spent "his" $650M in foreign "contributions" well.

Quote:
Dont expect to have 2010 change anything. People are tired of the Rep. party and their unwillingness to make CHANGE and hold onto ideas and beliefs that have no effect on America
2010 needs to be another 1994 or this Union hasn't a prayer.

BBFW, you seem to "embrace" "change". What does that word mean to you in the context of this election? So far all we've seen is a replay of previous dem administrations - diplomatic embarrassment, oceans of new spending, mind numbingly stupid appointments, witch hunts against the "opposition", and an aire of anti-Americanism. Aside from the apparent intent to turn this great Union into a marxist wasteland as the precursor to lapsing into a 3rd world islamic "state", what can you share of this "change" that might illuminate our paths?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote