Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #181
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
Are all politicians scum? No. But there's enough of them. So because I agree with some and disagree with others then I'm a "kool-aid" drinker? That's a two way street. Basically you've told me that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a piece of trash that should be disposed of. That's real American of you.

As far as Obama's policy. Only time will tell at this point. My point is, and has been all along, that there's a smaller difference between R's & D's these days than we'd like to admit. So everybody stop drinking the Kool-Aid ( see what I did there??) and pretending it's all the other guy's fault.
No, people who disagree with me based on an intelligent foundation are OK by me. You're trash based on your comments. Big difference. You know, the whole killing Iraqis comment. Because, by your assessment, that's what I am. An Iraqi killer. That's real American of you.

The difference is still big enough. Some of the idiotic things he proposes go against the very foundation of my beliefs. The very core.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #182
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
pretty much par for the course, around here.
Tony, we rarely ever see eye to eye. And yet, I still have mad respect for you.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #183
HAWK
Bench Warmer
 
HAWK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 240
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12888
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
pretty much par for the course, around here.
I see.
__________________
Quote:
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #184
HAWK
Bench Warmer
 
HAWK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 240
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12888
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
You're trash based on your comments. Big difference. You know, the whole killing Iraqis comment. Because, by your assessment, that's what I am. An Iraqi killer. That's real American of you.
Well I tried to explain my point. Obviously, you have no interest in listening to what I was saying.
__________________
Quote:
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #185
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,578
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,383
Thanked 10,816 Times in 4,476 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
First off, I apologize for being so glib when referring to our troops. I was referring to our governments gross misuse of our military's men and women.
i got that when i firt read it just by the tone of the post. the problem around here is anyone who is a conservative here will take every one of your sentences literally (and even go the extent of twisting them, putting words in your mouth, or go as far as completely making shit up) and then hold your feet in the fire for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
No, people who disagree with me based on an intelligent foundation are OK by me. You're trash based on your comments. Big difference. You know, the whole killing Iraqis comment. Because, by your assessment, that's what I am. An Iraqi killer. That's real American of you.
*see top of post*
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #186
HAWK
Bench Warmer
 
HAWK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 240
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12888
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

I'm beginning to see that.
__________________
Quote:
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #187
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
First off, I apologize for being so glib when referring to our troops. I was referring to our governments gross misuse of our military's men and women.
That's just it. This comment is not explanation. It's back-pedaling. What's the murder rate been in America since we went to war in 2003? Forget America, what's it been in Los Angeles?

Misuse? So, building hospitals, homes, businesses, churches has to be overlooked? You're ignoring all of the good we're doing and for what? To call our troops Iraqi killers. Because, no matter how you slice it, it's not the politicians pulling the trigger.

While I don't necessarily agree with the war that Bush took into Iraq, I can tell you, having been there, we've done a lot of good. Ousting a dictator and helping the Iraqis stand up on their own two feet will have done far more to improve things between the US and the Middle East (in the long run) because we are setting a foundation of peace and partnership with the people there. Maybe not with the misguided Islam Extremists...but then again, many of the Iraqis don't want them there either. They've just spent a lifetime of being "trained" to fear them more than they desire freedom. That culture of fear is disappearing.

It sucks that I've lost so many brothers and sisters in arms over this. I don't like it any more than the next guy.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #188
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
tony hipchest

the problem around here is anyone who is a conservative here will take every one of your sentences literally
When have I ever quoted a small part of one sentence from one of your posts and made a big deal about it!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #189
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

I was just kidding.

I know I do that. Irritating, isn't it?
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #190
HAWK
Bench Warmer
 
HAWK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 240
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12888
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
That's just it. This comment is not explanation. It's back-pedaling. What's the murder rate been in America since we went to war in 2003? Forget America, what's it been in Los Angeles?

Misuse? So, building hospitals, homes, businesses, churches has to be overlooked? You're ignoring all of the good we're doing and for what? To call our troops Iraqi killers. Because, no matter how you slice it, it's not the politicians pulling the trigger.

While I don't necessarily agree with the war that Bush took into Iraq, I can tell you, having been there, we've done a lot of good. Ousting a dictator and helping the Iraqis stand up on their own two feet will have done far more to improve things between the US and the Middle East (in the long run) because we are setting a foundation of peace and partnership with the people there. Maybe not with the misguided Islam Extremists...but then again, many of the Iraqis don't want them there either. They've just spent a lifetime of being "trained" to fear them more than they desire freedom. That culture of fear is disappearing.

It sucks that I've lost so many brothers and sisters in arms over this. I don't like it any more than the next guy.
I'm not sure what you're getting at about America's murder rates...but I otherwise agree with most of your posting. Our military has personally done many good things. Unfortunately, the gov has left them out in the cold. Cheney's misuse and favoritism of Haliburton alone is incredible. Not to mention the misplaced reasoning for going to Iraq in the first place. The list gets longer everyday. But in the end our military is trained to not ask why. Just to do it. Which is why i don't blame the soldier.

There's next to no mentioning of the war's financial impact our the current state of our economy. $4trillion had to come from some where. But we're going to cry about a stimulus plan AFTER blowing $4 trillion in Iraq? That's the double standard I can't wrap my mind around. That's all. How about we spend some of that money building schools, churches, and businesses in this country. Oh wait...that's Socialism if we do it here.
__________________
Quote:
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts