Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 AM   #281
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Does Obama "Hate White People? Native Americans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ho-hum

And The Band Played On
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=35605&page=2

volunteer all you want, but i suggest you actually read up a bit on what it is you are actually volunteering for.

really though, its a long book so i just suggest atleast watching the movie. (great movie with an excellent cast)

enjoy!
Exactly as I suspected, you can't admit you were wrong and just continue to dodge.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #282
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,852 Times in 4,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
Exactly as I suspected, you can't admit you were wrong and just continue to dodge.

page 25 of this post...

or did you forget?

Quote:
why do you support letting aids run rampant as a way of exterminating homosexuals and drug users with no regard for the dangers posed to the rest of the nation (and world)?
yeah, i know. its a dirty little secret all the reagan worshippers would like to forget and younginz like you to never aknowledge.

enjoy your journey into ignorance bro, and keep up the volunteer work.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:35 AM   #283
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,852 Times in 4,492 Posts

lol. I-Lack-Reading-Comprehension cant even recognize when he is reading through a historical timeline.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:38 AM   #284
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Quote:

page 25 of this post...

or did you forget?

yeah, i know. its a dirty little secret all the reagan worshippers would like to forget and younginz like you to never aknowledge.

enjoy your journey into ignorance bro, and keep up the volunteer work.

I can't even decipher what the hell your are talking about, maybe you should get a good nights rest and come back to this tomorrow?

You didn't admit you were wrong on pg. 25, nor did you "reference" a time period.

This was never about "Reagan worshippers" or whatever you are on about. You got me into an argument because you said I was 100% clueless after I stated that AIDS is nearly 100% avoidable. I proved my point, and now that you are backed into a corner you are somehow trying to twist that around to say I "support the ideology of letting AIDS run rampant as a means of exterminating homosexuals and IV drug users."

That is really pathetic. You moan and complain about people doing exactly the same thing to you, but somehow it is acceptable for you to do it to me.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #285
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Quote:
lol. I-Lack-Reading-Comprehension cant even recognize when he is reading through a historical timeline.
That's not comprehension, that's inference. Someone needs to consult Websters before starting an argument.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #286
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's interesting to see how far from the tree this apple fell. Back on task (sort of):

The original intent of this thread was to critique the handling of Obama by the major media outlets by comparing and contrasting how his action/inaction is covered compared to how Bush was treated. I used a little sarcasm and shock value (which seems to have WHOOSHED right over a few posters heads).

The thread went off on some tangents, but the one that I'm finding particularly disturbing is the twisting of Obama adopting "failed Bush policies". Here's why it's a problem...

Obama campaigned against Bush and all his failed policies. He basically told the American people Bush was evil, stupid, bad, and wrong and that everything he did needed to be changed. Either Obama KNEW that to not be the case (unlikely) or he had no idea what he was talking about and was just saying what was politically expedient to get elected (far more likely).

The problem is NOT that he went on to adopt many, MANY of those same policies that were evil and wrong only a few months earlier. That was smart. The policies were sound, and he was just ignorant until educated about them. The problems are that the left cannot and will not acknowledge that Bush was originally right, they cannot and will not acknowledge that Obama at best flip-flopped, at worst lied, and they cannot and will not acknowledge that they are being hypocritical.

As an aside, I want to clarify that, yes, it is good and wise of Obama to, after learning that he was wrong about much of this stuff, to continue on with the strong and correct policies of Bush, but that does NOT clear him of his earlier "sins" of ignorance and "Bush bashing". Him, and his followers, probably owe Bush an apology, one that, given the high and haughty nature of the liberal left mentality, will never be forthcoming.

Twisting and spinning the truth won't help. It cannot and will not change the truth. This is a lot like the OJ verdict. Everyone KNOWS OJ did it, but some people have to, for their own reasons, defend the verdict. It doesn't change the fact that he murdered his wife, though...
Old 05-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #287
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Obama campaigned against Bush and all his failed policies. He basically told the American people Bush was evil, stupid, bad, and wrong and that everything he did needed to be changed. Either Obama KNEW that to not be the case (unlikely) or he had no idea what he was talking about and was just saying what was politically expedient to get elected (far more likely).

The problem is NOT that he went on to adopt many, MANY of those same policies that were evil and wrong only a few months earlier. That was smart. The policies were sound, and he was just ignorant until educated about them. The problems are that the left cannot and will not acknowledge that Bush was originally right, they cannot and will not acknowledge that Obama at best flip-flopped, at worst lied, and they cannot and will not acknowledge that they are being hypocritical.
Exactly.

Instead of being able to acknowledge this, or intelligently and factually debate this this, our friends on the left continuously feel the need to stress their superior knowledge, education and intelligence.....

Why?

When someone has to continuously stress their superior intelligence, or state that they are smarter, as an integral part of their argument, it generally leads others to believe they are being beaten badly and are resorting to these tactics, ironically, because they lack the real intelligence to win the debate.

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 05-02-2009 at 10:09 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #288
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
i didnt put words in your mouth. i asked you a question (that i hoped you would actually address before the typical conservative spin and jump to conclusions) which you conviniently chose not to answer and edited out of your post that quoted mine.

i followed up the question with simple logic.

if a = b, and b = c, then a must = c. why can you guys not addres this, instead of resorting to the EXACT same hypocracy you accuse others of?

i get it HTG. you hate all democrats. your disgust for them comes through with flying colors.

why even bother trying to paint it as anything else? i would atleast respect the hatred much more if you didnt try to sugar coat it as something else.
You say you didn't put words in her mouth, then turn around and do exactly that. When has HTG EVER said she hated all democrats? And since when did disagreeing with The Great One turn into "hating democrats?" Talk about a leap of faith! How in the world could HTG hate democrats when A) she used to BE one, B) campaigned for one, and C) voted for MANY even after switching parties? She vehemently disagrees with Obama and many of his supporters. That DOES NOT mean she hates them. That's just a ridiculous notion, and you know it.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #289
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You say you didn't put words in her mouth, then turn around and do exactly that. When has HTG EVER said she hated all democrats? And since when did disagreeing with The Great One turn into "hating democrats?" Talk about a leap of faith! How in the world could HTG hate democrats when A) she used to BE one, B) campaigned for one, and C) voted for MANY even after switching parties? She vehemently disagrees with Obama and many of his supporters. That DOES NOT mean she hates them. That's just a ridiculous notion, and you know it.

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 05-02-2009 at 10:54 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #290
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
i didnt put words in your mouth. i asked you a question (that i hoped you would actually address before the typical conservative spin and jump to conclusions) which you conviniently chose not to answer and edited out of your post that quoted mine.

i followed up the question with simple logic.

if a = b, and b = c, then a must = c. why can you guys not addres this, instead of resorting to the EXACT same hypocracy you accuse others of?

i get it HTG. you hate all democrats. your disgust for them comes through with flying colors.

why even bother trying to paint it as anything else? i would atleast respect the hatred much more if you didnt try to sugar coat it as something else.
Why in the bloody blue hell am I going to waste my time answering any of your questions when you'll spin and deflect my answers as you always do to me and others who disagree with you and don't worship at the Obaaaaaaama altar?

I'm not even going to address your other jibberish. It's the same old shit, different thread. Spin, deflect, spin, deflect, spin, deflect.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote