Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Biden Reveals Location of Secret VP Bunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so what youre saying is...

????

make you a deal. you admit cheney was a complete f-up and i will admit biden was wrong.
But, but, but Cheney.

You wouldn't admit The Savior and his apostle were wrong even if they hung you from the top of the Washington Monument by your cahoonas.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #22
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
so what youre saying is...

????

make you a deal. you admit cheney was a complete f-up and i will admit biden was wrong.
Why would you want to make a deal? Either Biden was wrong or he wasn't wrong.

You've been playing with politicians, and lawyers to long Tony.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,581 Times in 3,990 Posts

no deal then?

speaking of saint cheney and yammering VP's lets really look at how much better off we are now. (great article) -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/op...dowd.html?_r=1

Quote:
When Bush 41 was ramping up to the Gulf War, assembling a coalition to fight Saddam, Jimmy Carter sent a letter to members of the U.N. Security Council urging them not to rush into conflict without further exploring a negotiated solution.

The first President Bush and other Republicans in Washington considered this treasonous, a former president trying to thwart a sitting one, lobbying foreign diplomats to oppose his own country on a war resolution. In 2002, when Bush Junior was ramping up to his war against Saddam, Al Gore made a speech trying to slow down that war resolution, pointing out that pivoting from Osama to Saddam for no reason, initiating “pre-emptive” war, and blowing off our allies would undermine the war on terror.

Charles Krauthammer called Gore’s speech “a disgrace.” Michael Kelly, his fellow Washington Post columnist, called it “vile” and “contemptible.” Newt Gingrich said that the former vice president asserting that W. was making America less safe was “well outside the mark of an appropriate debate.”

“I think the president should be doing what he thinks is best as commander in chief,” Gingrich said flatly. Now, however, Gingrich backs Dick Cheney when he asserts that President Obama has made America less safe.

Asked by Bob Schieffer on Sunday how America could torture when it made a mockery of our ideals, Cheney blithely gave an answer that surely would have been labeled treasonous by Rush Limbaugh, if a Democratic ex-vice president had said it about a Republican president.

“Well, then you’d have to say that, in effect, we’re prepared to sacrifice American lives rather than run an intelligent interrogation program that would provide us the information we need to protect America,” Doomsday Dick said.

Cheney has replaced Sarah Palin as Rogue Diva. Just as Jeb Bush and other Republicans are trying to get kinder and gentler, Cheney has popped out of his dungeon, scary organ music blaring, to carry on his nasty campaign of fear and loathing.

The man who never talked is now the man who won’t shut up. The man who wouldn’t list his office in the federal jobs directory, who had the vice president’s residence blocked on Google Earth, who went to the Supreme Court to keep from revealing which energy executives helped him write the nation’s energy policy, is now endlessly yelping about how President Obama is holding back documents that should be made public.

Cheney, who had five deferments himself to get out of going to Vietnam, would rather follow a blowhard entertainer who has had three divorces and a drug problem (who also avoided Vietnam) than a four-star general who spent his life serving his country.

“Bush 41 cares about decorum and protocol,” said an official in Bush I. “I’m sure he doesn’t appreciate Cheney acting out. He is giving the whole party a black eye just as Jeb is out there trying to renew the party.”

Cheney unleashed, egged on by the combative Lynne and Liz, is pretty much the same as Cheney underground: He’s batty, and he thinks he was the president. [so true!]

W. admired Cheney’s brass (he used another word) but grew increasingly skeptical of him, the more he learned about foreign policy himself, and the more he got pulled into a diplomatic mode by Condi in the second term. There were even reports of W. doing a funny Cheney imitation and that it dawned on him that Cheney and Rummy represented a scofflaw, paranoid Nixon cell within his White House.

“Toward the end, 43 was just as confused as anybody about what makes Cheney tick,” said a Bush family loyalist.

Cheney’s numskull ideas — he still loves torture (dubbed “13th-century” stuff by Bob Woodward), Gitmo and scaring the bejesus out of Americans — are not only fixed, they’re jejune.

He has no coherent foreign policy viewpoint. He still doesn’t fathom that his brutish invasion of Iraq unbalanced that part of the world, empowered Iran and was a force multiplier for Muslims who hate America. He left our ports unsecured, our food supply unsafe, the Taliban rising and Osama on the loose. No matter if or when terrorists attack here — and they’re on their own timetable, not a partisan red/blue state timetable — Cheney will be deemed the primary one who made America more vulnerable.

W.’s dark surrogate father is trying to pull the G.O.P. into a black hole of zealotry, just as the sensible brother who lost his future to the scamp brother is trying to get his career back on track.

When Cheney was in the first Bush administration, he was odd man out. Poppy, James Baker, Brent Scowcroft and Colin Powell corralled Cheney’s “Genghis Khan” side, as it was known, and his “rough streak.” Cheney didn’t care for Powell even then.

But with W., “Back Seat” — Cheney’s Secret Service name in the Ford administration — clambered up front. Then he totaled the car. And no amount of yapping on TV is going to change that when history is written.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
no deal then?

speaking of saint cheney and yammering VP's lets really look at how much better off we are now. (great article) -

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/op...dowd.html?_r=1

No deal to make. Either you feel Biden was wrong or he wasn't. It isn't rocket science.

More but, but, but Cheney. Please stay on the topic of the thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with our FORMER Veep.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #25
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Either you feel Biden was wrong or he wasn't. It isn't rocket science.
i feel (and have already proven) this thread is wrong.

Quote:
"classified information"?

"breach of security"?

Quote:
...Please stay on the topic of the thread
i can think of atleast 1 other thread that this sentence would be much more applicable.

anyways this thread is about bashing VP's therefore i am on topic.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #26
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

The thread was about VP Biden, not Cheney, the Times, the Post , or any other news paper. Did he blow off at the mouth about something that was considered classified, and if he did when will he do it again, maybe about something that could cause real damage.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
The thread was about VP Biden, not Cheney, the Times, the Post , or any other news paper. Did he blow off at the mouth about something that was considered classified, and if he did when will he do it again, maybe about something that could cause real damage.
hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ? i'd say the article is a pretty lame attempt to assign blame , but the ship has sailed long ago...... hey i just heard on cnn, that biden said we're after bin ladden....damn big mouth....now he'll just go into hiding....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #28
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
....something that was considered classified.

whatever.

all i can do is laugh.

has anyone here EVER heard of the INTERNET????

you guys kill me.

- BLAME!!!!!!!

(i doubt most here would lose 2 winks of sleep if a slug was put in bidens head anyways.)

however we are much safer with him as co-captain as opposed to renegade dick. you all should count your blessings and be thankful.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #29
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ?
Common knowledge or not, the question is has it been declassified. If it has, there is no story. If not we have a VP that is taking it on himself what he can reveal and what not to. That is what we use to call a loose canon, one that could go off at any time hurting a lot of people that have trusted him to keep his mouth shut.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #30
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:

whatever.

all i can do is laugh.

has anyone here EVER heard of the INTERNET????

you guys kill me.

- BLAME!!!!!!!

(i doubt most here would lose 2 winks of sleep if a slug was put in bidens head anyways.)

however we are much safer with him as co-captain as opposed to renegade dick. you all should count your blessings and be thankful.
Laugh all you what Tony. You have taken this thread in every direction but the one it was intended for. I have seen you berate other people when you thought they had done that to one of yours. You seem to think you can say or do anything you like and if anyone dares to question you on it you just put up a few little smiles and call them stupid. You sir are a hypocrite.

Simply, The Chief.
Closed Thread