Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #21
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Re: Hossa signs with Red Wings

Hossa's theme song. Scott Paulson came up with this one... Classic

http://query-origin.andohs.net/8000A.../hossa-611.mp3
Old 06-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I can't help but want to see that POS fall on his face, sorry. He stabbed Shero, the Pens and the fans in the back last season and karma sunk its teeth into his ass in the Stanley Cup final. 3 points the entire series - WOW. Seeing him slither off the ice like the snake he is was almost as enjoyable as watching the Pens hoist the Cup. Almost.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #23
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #24
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Let it go. Hossa had every right to make the "wrong choice"....just as we all do in life. Some here act like a high school girl who got jilted on prom night.

Not signing him freed up the money to bring in other players that we wouldn't have been able to sign. Theres no guarantee whatsoever that we would have won the cup had he stayed. Considering the way things worked out he did us a favor with his decision.
Well spoken, He didnt even spend a full season with us, he had no obligation what so ever to resign with us. Him 'screwing' us around is a negotiation tactic as old as negotiation itself. He was trying to squeeze out more money from other teams that were trying to sign him. When he decided to go with Detroit that was the team he thought at the best chance of winning at THAT time, and who could blame him. In a span of a few days, we traded Malone and Roberts, we didnt resign Ruutu, Adams and Laraque. It didnt look like Orpik was coming back and we lost our back up goalie who kept our season alive when our starter went down.

For all the talk around here on how much everyone loves Chris Kunitz, Billy Guerin and Ruslan Fedotenko i guess people dont realize that probably none of them are Penguins if we sign Hossa.

People always talk about Karma and things happening for a reason, well Hossa not re-signing with the Penguins is the best offseason move we made. It opened up the door for us to get two wingers for Sid that actually fit into the way Sid plays the game.

I have no hard feelings towards Hossa, he was a great rental player. I knew that it would probably take a Stanley Cup to keep him in Pittsburgh, and when we didnt, i wasnt expecting him back.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #25
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

8baller makes a good point but I still have to post this:

Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #26
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
Well spoken, He didnt even spend a full season with us, he had no obligation what so ever to resign with us. Him 'screwing' us around is a negotiation tactic as old as negotiation itself. He was trying to squeeze out more money from other teams that were trying to sign him. When he decided to go with Detroit that was the team he thought at the best chance of winning at THAT time, and who could blame him. In a span of a few days, we traded Malone and Roberts, we didnt resign Ruutu, Adams and Laraque. It didnt look like Orpik was coming back and we lost our back up goalie who kept our season alive when our starter went down.

For all the talk around here on how much everyone loves Chris Kunitz, Billy Guerin and Ruslan Fedotenko i guess people dont realize that probably none of them are Penguins if we sign Hossa.

People always talk about Karma and things happening for a reason, well Hossa not re-signing with the Penguins is the best offseason move we made. It opened up the door for us to get two wingers for Sid that actually fit into the way Sid plays the game.

I have no hard feelings towards Hossa, he was a great rental player. I knew that it would probably take a Stanley Cup to keep him in Pittsburgh, and when we didnt, i wasnt expecting him back.

He even admitted that if he signed at Pitt, then some of the others players would not have been able to be signed and therefore the team would be different anyway. It is very difficult to get a bullseye when shopping for championships. They normally have to be built from the ground up. Look at Randy Moss and soon to be Brett Favre's next team.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #27
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:

I respect your opinion, and funny you mention his non-signing enabled the Pens to bring in Tank, Kunitz and Guerin, because I believe Bob Smizik mentioned that in his column yesterday. But I'm sorry, screw Hoser and the stick he rode in on. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the man. He could have gone to Detroit, fine, but when he said that he'd have a better shot at the Cup with them, that's when he burned his bridge with Pens fans. He got exactly what he deserved, which is absolutely nothing.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #28
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I respect your opinion, and funny you mention his non-signing enabled the Pens to bring in Tank, Kunitz and Guerin, because I believe Bob Smizik mentioned that in his column yesterday. But I'm sorry, screw Hoser and the stick he rode in on. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the man. He could have gone to Detroit, fine, but when he said that he'd have a better shot at the Cup with them, that's when he burned his bridge with Pens fans. He got exactly what he deserved, which is absolutely nothing.
I dont know who that guy is, if he is someone in Pittsburgh i dont live there anymore so i wouldnt know.

Dont get me wrong, i respect everyone's opinion here, and if you want to hate Hossa for going to the Red Wings by all means boo the hell out of him. I just feel that some people are taking the hate out of context, yeah the way he talked made it seem like he would stay but im willing to bet that if he had signed a 1 year less than what we were offering deal with any team other than the Wings, most wouldnt have a problem. And when i say anyother team, i mean any team that we dont already not like (Atlantic division, and the Crapitals)

Thats my opinion, im glad i didnt get burned i still may but oh well i just feel some fans (not necessarily saying anyone on this board) are taking the Hossa thing way out of hand
Old 06-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #29
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
I dont know who that guy is, if he is someone in Pittsburgh i dont live there anymore so i wouldnt know.

Dont get me wrong, i respect everyone's opinion here, and if you want to hate Hossa for going to the Red Wings by all means boo the hell out of him. I just feel that some people are taking the hate out of context, yeah the way he talked made it seem like he would stay but im willing to bet that if he had signed a 1 year less than what we were offering deal with any team other than the Wings, most wouldnt have a problem. And when i say anyother team, i mean any team that we dont already not like (Atlantic division, and the Crapitals)

Thats my opinion, im glad i didnt get burned i still may but oh well i just feel some fans (not necessarily saying anyone on this board) are taking the Hossa thing way out of hand
Smizik is a blogger for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Website.

Hossa burned his bridges with his comments about how Detroit had their better chance at that time. Sure they just won, but this isn't your grand daddy's NHL. No team has been able to repeat in the Post-Lockout Era of the NHL and what made him think Detroit would be the first is something I can not understand right now. If he wanted to play there, that's fine. Just don't find ways to burn your bridge of respect you had with the Penguins and their fans.

Friday was just a great piece of Poetic Justice.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #30
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

I love the fact that Hossa got hosed with his decision. I spent as much time rooting against him the last 7 games as I did pulling for the "good guys" lol

In the end his decision helped win us the cup IMHO......he motivated certain players on the team to new heights. I love the irony of that as much as anyone. I just don't feel the need to pile on.....he knows he screwed up.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote