Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Truly amazing that Vick has much harsher sentence than Stallworth. People also seem to come down harder on Vick. A person was killed by a driver breaking the law and he gets one month in prison. I was going to say our legal system is quite embarrassing, but our Country as a whole is becoming a joke. Don't get me wrong Vick is a piece of shit, but you can't compare a dogs life to a humans, although PETA will disagree with me.
cubanstogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

To be fair, Vick's crime was committed with forethought and extreme malice. Stallworth's was a spontaneous thing, a situational occurrence. Makes a difference...
Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009

to be fair, I dont think so tell the victims families it was just an occurrence. Also the victims family was just bought out instead of persueing any thing else legally or pushing for a harsher sentence they just took the money.
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's not "just" an occurrence, but it was a singular event.

Vick's was patterned behavior...repeated malevolence with knowledge in advance of exactly what he was doing.

Stallworth did not set out to kill anyone. It was an accident with the added weight of his drinking. Vick is a different story...he knew all along what he was doing was illegal, and he had a whole illegal enterprise set up.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8295

Don't blame the legal system, blame the family! They took the money...but if they saw that Stallworth was genuinely remorseful about what happened, why make his life hell for an accident?
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Please, clear something up for me. As I understand it, the unfortunate victim jumped a barrier to cross a 4 lane highway as a short cut to where he was going. Is that correct? If it is, I would have to say that the victim is just as accountable for what happened as Stallworth. I'm NOT condoning Stallworth's drinking and driving, but, if the victim had not done such a foolish thing, this would probably not have happened.

If I'm totaly off base on this, then I agree with everyone else.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It's not "just" an occurrence, but it was a singular event.

Vick's was patterned behavior...repeated malevolence with knowledge in advance of exactly what he was doing.

Stallworth did not set out to kill anyone. It was an accident with the added weight of his drinking. Vick is a different story...he knew all along what he was doing was illegal, and he had a whole illegal enterprise set up.
I don't know whether to believe that or not. If Stallworth had gotten drunk and then started waving a loaded gun around, and it went off and killed someone ... something tells me there'd be a little more outrage. I don't know why, but for some reason, people act like it's less bad to kill someone by running them over than to kill them some other way. But it's still the same idea; he got drunk and did something dangerous that everyone knows you're not supposed to do.

I can't believe anyone would even think of comparing this to what Vick did. Someone is dead because of this.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #18
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Please, clear something up for me. As I understand it, the unfortunate victim jumped a barrier to cross a 4 lane highway as a short cut to where he was going. Is that correct? If it is, I would have to say that the victim is just as accountable for what happened as Stallworth. I'm NOT condoning Stallworth's drinking and driving, but, if the victim had not done such a foolish thing, this would probably not have happened.

If I'm totaly off base on this, then I agree with everyone else.
Oh, I see where you are coming from. And I agree that Stallworth is not 100% to blame for the accident.

However, if Stallworth was sober, maybe he hits the breaks and/or swerves to avoid the guy instead of simply flashing his headlights.

Honestly, the drunk driving laws in this country need to change. No more "party plates" (if you get caught driving drunk in the state of Ohio, you can get a specific yellow with red lettering license plate that signifies you have a DUI on your record).

If you get caught driving under the influence, it should be an automatic three year suspension, and if you let someone under a DUI suspension drive your vehicle, you get the same suspension.

If you drive drunk and kill someone, you should never ever be allowed behind the wheel of a vehicle again in your life.

And no, a breathalyzer to be able to start your car isn't good enough either. It's too easy to have someone blow into the machine for you. Just offer someone five dollars outside a bar, they will do it.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

I was at a loss for words when I heard this today. I wonder if that same Florida "law" applies to the average Joe.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,381 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
Truly amazing that Vick has much harsher sentence than Stallworth. People also seem to come down harder on Vick. A person was killed by a driver breaking the law and he gets one month in prison. I was going to say our legal system is quite embarrassing, but our Country as a whole is becoming a joke. Don't get me wrong Vick is a piece of shit, but you can't compare a dogs life to a humans, although PETA will disagree with me.
HUGE difference between getting busted on a federal rap as opposed to a "local" rap. The feds WILL take a gigantic shit on you if you get convicted by them - they're the one legal entity in this country that truly doesn't give a damn who you are or how much money you have.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote