Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #21
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 105,142
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,377
Thanked 3,902 Times in 1,636 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

He should have had to pull more time then 30 days. The system just isn't working. He should atleast be pulling a min. of about 5 years.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

I'm confused....are you guys saying that somehow Stallworth set out to run someone over? That he had deliberate foresight and a plan to kill a guy, that he thought about it for a long time and then executed his plan?

Because if you are comparing an accident like Stallworth's with Vick's patterned, planned, long-term actions, there IS no comparison.

Yes, a man is dead, but he also used a CAR to do it, and it WAS accidental. I'm sure Stallworth is contrite and severly apologetic, and I KNOW he didn't deliberately set out to kill a man.

Vick is a POS. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he set-up an entire illegal enterprise, deliberately flaunting his illegal activities. The two acts are dramatically different because of the INTENT.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #23
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm confused....are you guys saying that somehow Stallworth set out to run someone over? That he had deliberate foresight and a plan to kill a guy, that he thought about it for a long time and then executed his plan?

Because if you are comparing an accident like Stallworth's with Vick's patterned, planned, long-term actions, there IS no comparison.

Yes, a man is dead, but he also used a CAR to do it, and it WAS accidental. I'm sure Stallworth is contrite and severly apologetic, and I KNOW he didn't deliberately set out to kill a man.

Vick is a POS. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he set-up an entire illegal enterprise, deliberately flaunting his illegal activities. The two acts are dramatically different because of the INTENT.
I can't speak for everyone else, but what I'm saying is that deliberate or not, if a person is dead because of you, it's automatically worse than whatever happens to a bunch of dogs.

And also that I don't buy the "accidental" part, because deliberately driving drunk kind of cancels that out. No matter how much you thought you weren't going to wreck or how sorry you say you are afterward.

Some people might think Stallworth was less malicious because he was "just" careless ... but if you're so careless that people get killed, now you're talking about more than careless. Certainly more than 30 days' worth, anyway.
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #24
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach
 
7SteelGal43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis TN ~ birthplace of Rock and Roll
Posts: 1,192
Gender: Female
Member Number: 12283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

If I were the family of this deceased person, I'd have said "stick the money up your a**, your goin to jail"

Sad that the family could be bought.
__________________

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #25
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach
 
7SteelGal43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis TN ~ birthplace of Rock and Roll
Posts: 1,192
Gender: Female
Member Number: 12283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I can't speak for everyone else, but what I'm saying is that deliberate or not, if a person is dead because of you, it's automatically worse than whatever happens to a bunch of dogs.
THANK YOU, I mean c'mon people
__________________

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

So, if he wasn't drunk (and he only blew a .126 so it's not like he was falling down), it's STILL worse than Vick?

It was an accident. It was not deliberate. There is a difference, and the law recognizes that.

(sigh)

Nevermind...you guys are right, 30 days for Vick, and string Stallworth up from a tree.

Regardless, the Browns will cut him today or tomorrow, so he's also unemployed. He lost his license forever as well, and he's probably out several mil.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #27
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach
 
7SteelGal43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis TN ~ birthplace of Rock and Roll
Posts: 1,192
Gender: Female
Member Number: 12283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
So, if he wasn't drunk (and he only blew a .126 so it's not like he was falling down), it's STILL worse than Vick?

It was an accident. It was not deliberate. There is a difference, and the law recognizes that.

(sigh)

Nevermind...you guys are right, 30 days for Vick, and string Stallworth up from a tree.

Regardless, the Browns will cut him today or tomorrow, so he's also unemployed. He lost his license forever as well, and he's probably out several mil.


well let's face it, he was impaired, he chose to drive, and it ended a life. a HUMAN life. I'm not excusing Vick in any way. But when animals lives have more value then humans.....somethings terribly wrong, my friend.
__________________

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #28
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

In CA there is felony vehicular manslaughter and misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter.(DUI manslaughter is sort of a misnomer, at least in CA) It all depends on the level of negligence and intoxication. If you are DUI it automatically starts in felony land. Then you would have to analyze how good your DUI charges are. I'm just guessing, but I bet it was a pretty weak charge. Maybe not because Stallworth wasn't under the influence but in a typical DUI stop, blood tests are at least an hour removed from the actual stop. In this cause i would think they are even further removed. The further you get away from driving and blood test the more speculative the result becomes. I don't know FL law and if they have the same structure for manslaughter as we do. In CA, the killing has to be the proximate result of the DUI/speed. Basically if he wasn't speeding or DUI would the guy still be dead. I'm not sure that's the case here. The guy ran out in the road out of a cross walk. Look at it this way, say Stallworth was .35 driving the speed limit and following all traffic laws; guy runs out in front of him and he kills the guy. What does the DUI have to do with the guy being dead? Thats what the DA has to analyze.

In my experience 30 days in not uncommon at all on a misdemeanor manslaughter.
You have to also remember that just because he had a .12 when he was tested doesn't mean they could have pinned a .12 on him at the time of driving. There are people very day beating .12 DUIs for a myriad of reasons. We'll never really know the strength or weakness of the case.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #29
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
well let's face it, he was impaired, he chose to drive, and it ended a life. a HUMAN life. I'm not excusing Vick in any way. But when animals lives have more value then humans.....somethings terribly wrong, my friend.
You are oversimplifying the situations. Federal laws have much harsher punishments than state charges. They also have sentencing guidelines drastically different than state courts. For instance Federal crack cocaine charge, mandatory minimum 10 years. State crack cocaine charge, probably not seeing a day of jail.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #30
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
well let's face it, he was impaired, he chose to drive, and it ended a life. a HUMAN life. I'm not excusing Vick in any way. But when animals lives have more value then humans.....somethings terribly wrong, my friend.
Nobody is putting the value of a dogs life over that of a humans life...we're putting more into it than just that one aspect of the issue at hand. You are narrowly trapped in that one portion of the entire whole.

Yes, most human lives are worth more than a dogs life. (If you're a child molester and I have to save you or a goldfish from a burning building...the fish is coming with me.)

However, there is still the rest of the law to consider. There was one (maybe two depending on your thought process) laws that Stallworth broke. Vehicular manslaughter (inexcusably accidental) and DUI.

Vick has a plethora of items (with malicious intent) that, when tallied up, came to his "slap on the wrist".

Stallworth is getting off entirely too easy IMO...but, regardless, Vick's was worse because of his malicious intent on the whole thing. His wasn't inexcusably accidental, he flat out ignored several Federal Laws.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts