Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Does T.O.'s departure hurt Romo?

Quote:

Cowboys burning fantasy question: How will the loss of Terrell Owens affect Tony Romo's value?

Owens might be one of the NFL's more controversial athletes, but he's also one of the best wide receivers ever to grace the gridiron. His presence has improved the fantasy value of almost every quarterback he's played with since 2000.

From Jeff Garcia to Donovan McNabb to Romo, Owens has been a statistical godsend. He's continued to prove that even in recent seasons, as 39 percent of Romo's touchdown passes from 2007-2008 went to Owens.

Now in Buffalo, Owens has even turned Trent Edwards into one of this season's top fantasy sleepers.

Roy E. Williams will now be asked to fill the void left by Owens. While he won't post Owens-like numbers, Williams is an athletic player with good hands and should post around 1,100 yards and seven to nine touchdowns. Jason Witten will also continue to play a major role, but the pass attack still won't be as potent without T.O. on the field.

In turn, Romo's level of production is certain to fall the same way it fell for Garcia and McNabb after Owens left...

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=...s&confirm=true
I don't think V'R gonna watching a SB with Cowboys vs. Steelers soon. The thing is, I was thinking Owens is not really that bad human being, U know? I know he's kinda hey-everyone-LOOK-at-me guy, but compared 2 Cheatriots Moss, Bengals Ochocinco, & stupid ex-Giant Burress, the guy is as innocent as 5 year old. This man just loves 2 play. With Nate's departure, I wonder if there is a chance 4 the guy 2 play 4 us. U know, V could use him the way V used Leftwich. 4 a short-term. As 4 me, I wouldn't certainly mind that. What do U guys think?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Does T.O.'s departure hurt Romo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol View Post
I was thinking Owens is not really that bad human being, U know? I know he's kinda hey-everyone-LOOK-at-me guy, but compared 2 Cheatriots Moss, Bengals Ochocinco, & stupid ex-Giant Burress, the guy is as innocent as 5 year old. This man just loves 2 play. With Nate's departure, I wonder if there is a chance 4 the guy 2 play 4 us. U know, V could use him the way V used Leftwich. 4 a short-term. As 4 me, I wouldn't certainly mind that. What do U guys think?
Are you being serious?

T.O. is the biggest cancer in the league, he's ruined 3 locker rooms already and publicly berated 3 starting QB's...it will take a minor miracle for the same not to occur in Buffalo even with only a one year contract.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Owens might be one of the NFL's more controversial athletes, but he's also one of the best wide receivers ever to grace the gridiron. His presence has improved the fantasy value of almost every quarterback he's played with since 2000.
Yeah, because we all know that's the most important thing - how much the guy increases a QB's FF value. Never mind that the same WR destroys team cohesion and in turn, any chance of winning a SB because he's historically been poison to every damn locker room he's ever set foot in.

And to answer the OP's question, I wouldn't want that douchebag ANYWHERE NEAR my team.

Last edited by fansince'76; 06-16-2009 at 06:51 AM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol View Post
I don't think V'R gonna watching a SB with Cowboys vs. Steelers soon. The thing is, I was thinking Owens is not really that bad human being, U know? I know he's kinda hey-everyone-LOOK-at-me guy, but compared 2 Cheatriots Moss, Bengals Ochocinco, & stupid ex-Giant Burress, the guy is as innocent as 5 year old. This man just loves 2 play. With Nate's departure, I wonder if there is a chance 4 the guy 2 play 4 us. U know, V could use him the way V used Leftwich. 4 a short-term. As 4 me, I wouldn't certainly mind that. What do U guys think?
TO is worse than moss and johnson. The man has prectically destroyed 3 teams already

bills coming soon....
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:39 AM   #5
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Mongol, I say there is 0% chance of TO ever playing for us. Maybe he has been the scapgoat on under acheiving teams..... I don't know... But I do know that it is his attitude and actions that brought the heat on himself, the FO will definatly steer clear of him, as they should. Fortunatly we are a team that does not have to take big risks like that.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

To answer the question. Yes. this obviously is going to Hurt Romo. The Cowboys must have a better running game this year or they are going to get their heads handed to them this season.

Romo has had 10,562 yards passing since being the Starter in Dallas and 81 TDS.

3,587 yards and 38 of those TDS were due to Owens. That's a lot of production to lose.

Its not like losing Nate Washington.
3 years for Nate at Pittsburgh. 1705 Yards, 12 TDs. That's a 3rd WR.

The Starter, is much harder to replace and Roy Williams, Isn't that good. 6 years of work, 4082 yards 30 TDS.

TO had almost as many yards as Roy in 1 less Season at Dallas, and more TDs than Roy over his 6 year career compared to TO's 3 years at Dallas.

TO is a Tool Bag, but the guy...is a Hall of Fame Wide Receiver. Not Easy To replace.

TO is 5th all time in Receiving Yards
TO is 2nd all time in Receiving TDs
And he's 6th all time in Receptions.

That type of Productivity will NOT be met with Roy (I could have been someone) Williams.

And now, who the heck is worried about putting a safety over Roy Williams? Heck no, the Defense's will now focus on Tony's main boy Whitten and this is going to be a long season for Mr Can't Win A Big Game Tony Romo.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,708 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
TO is worse than moss and johnson. The man has prectically destroyed 3 teams already

bills coming soon....
how exactly is he gonna destroy a team thats a perrenial pile of suck ? i thought it was a good move by the bills... what have they got to lose ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Dallas vs. Denver in the battle for the Loser Bowl.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote