Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #1451
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393
Default Re: Pens VS Red wings part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You're right, of course, but they don't want to acknowledge that because it's another excuse to bash Crosby for absolutely no reason.
That's what irks me

The story could have easily been, "Classless Wings leave ice before shaking Crosby's hand"

Franzen was in line right with Lidstrom, Zetterberg and Diaper but he waited to shake hands with Crosby
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #1452
trauben
Bench Warmer

Location: City of reigning Super Bowl and Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Member Number: 7929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
Franzen was in line right with Lidstrom, Zetterberg and Diaper but he waited to shake hands with Crosby
And now that I know that? I have respect for Franzen (not one of the players I really liked at all)

................ also..............*gulp*............

I'm going to say this.............................................. ...................Hossa. He stuck up for Sid after all this started.

Eating a piece of Humble pie has a way of grounding humility in some, and I think Hossa swallowed willingly.

Wow............I can't believe I thought that let alone typed it.

trauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #1453
Steel Head
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauben View Post
I'm going to say this.............................................. ...................Hossa. He stuck up for Sid after all this started.

Eating a piece of Humble pie has a way of grounding humility in some, and I think Hossa swallowed willingly.

Wow............I can't believe I thought that let alone typed it.
That's because Hossa knows Sid personally and knows he is a class-act and would never do something like that intentionally

But yeah, I give credit to Hossa for sticking up for him. Lidstrom also said it wasn't a big deal.

The only 2 whining about it are Zetterberg and Draper
Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #1454
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

What I don't understand is, if Lidstrom has a problem with it, why didn't he say something about. I think I know why. He knows he could have stayed on the ice a little bit longer.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #1455
Steel Head
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
What I don't understand is, if Lidstrom has a problem with it, why didn't he say something about. I think I know why. He knows he could have stayed on the ice a little bit longer.
Lidstrom did say something about it. It was in the same article as Draper and Zetterberg whining.

Lidstorm downplayed the whole thing whereas Draper and Zetterberg threw a big hissy fit
Old 06-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #1456
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Lidstrom didn't really have a problem with it - he said that Sid likely got caught up in the excitement. That's because unlike Draper and Zetterberg, Lidstrom has class. Plus, I'm sure he knows exactly how Crosby felt since he went through it when he won his first Cup in 1997 (Draper was also on that team, incidentally). I was really surprised to hear Zetterberg complain - I thought he had more class than that. I guess not. Hopefully now that Hossa and Mr. Hockey himself have stuck up for Sid, they'll all STFU about this non-issue.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #1457
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Lidstrom didn't really have a problem with it - he said that Sid likely got caught up in the excitement. That's because unlike Draper and Zetterberg, Lidstrom has class. Plus, I'm sure he knows exactly how Crosby felt since he went through it when he won his first Cup in 1997 (Draper was also on that team, incidentally). I was really surprised to hear Zetterberg complain - I thought he had more class than that. I guess not. Hopefully now that Hossa and Mr. Hockey himself have stuck up for Sid, they'll all STFU about this non-issue.
One more reason why I respect guys like him. Draper has no room to talk for not shaking. In the You Tube Videos I have seen, he left the ice well before Crosby could get there. Zetterberg in some cases I can forgive because this is his first offense. I don't know what to say about Draper now even after he decided to sit out to not put his team in Jeopardy of winning the cup in games 1-2. I really question him now. However Hossa appears to have been humbled by the whole experience now. I guess I can start taking back some of my accusations of him being classless. Good Job by Mr. Howe to stand up for him to.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #1458
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I am shocked (and appalled) that Zetterberg is whining about this non-issue - he doesn't impress me as that type of player . As for Draper - he's a total di ck and has always been a di ck, so his boo hoo-fest didn't surprise me at all.

I'm with you trauben - I can't believe I actually have even a smidgeon of respect for Hossa for standing up for Sid, but I do. Nice to see him eating a piece of humble pie, though I'm sure it wasn't easy.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote