Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #31
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Ocho: "We're Going to the Playoffs"

And I never get tired of seeing this one.........
[YOUTUBE]dgNREzBAnY4[/YOUTUBE]
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #32
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

This is the time when everyone (even the losers) have a right to be optimistic.

Reality will come to Cincy when they start out 0-5, and we learn that Marvin Lewis is a bum fraud of a head coach. They lost their best WR and now they're stuck with Ocho.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #33
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Still don't understand the hype with the Bengals.

Their first round pick is Andre Smith, a guy whom skipped out on The Combine and was way overweight. I seriously LOL'd hard when they took the pick because I could see it coming a mile away. I'm sure he'll be..eh..but I can pretty confirm he's no Joe Thomas.

They can say what they want about Maulauga, but the fact that the Steelers, Patriots and Ravens three of the most compentant organizations didn't take him, says a hell of a lot about him.

The rest of the draft reads like they read it off of Mel Kipers Draft Board.

They have no ground game, and an okay air attack, Palmer is a good QB, and Chad Johnson while a bit of an idiot can be a good reciever, but I think they lost a great player when Housh left, and their defense, is okay but nothing spectular and sure not good enough to keep them within shouting distance of the Rats and the Steelers.

Their organization is a bit of a mess, Mike Brown makes Randy Lerner looks like he was the last name "Rooney", and the coaching staff I auctaulyl don't think as bad as percieved but I think is sort of hindered by the upper management a bit.

The Bengals missed the boat BIG TIME, 2005 could have probably have been the year to step in and make some noise in the playoffs. But we all know how that turned out.

It's pretty much a two team race in the North Right now between the Steelrs and the other team trying to BE the Steelers in the Rats.

And It'll be like that for maybe, maybe 1-2 years depending on how quickly mangini can get his act together with the Browns, or if the Ravens start to show their age moreso this year.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #34
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

While the Browns are a pretty classy organization that's just snakebit and cursed, the Bengals are trashy and have failure written all over them. Even back in the day when they put it all together, they couldn't KEEP it together, and still failed on the biggest stage.

6-10ish this year...and I'd consider that success if I was them, all things being equal.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I agree with your first four and think that Miami will actually sniff out the playoffs again. Also don't count out Houston, they are my dark horse this year, they were third in the league last year for total yards per game....and their defense is going to be much improved with Cushing/Cato at LB and Free agent Antonio Smith opposite Mario Williams.
That's not a bad call, the Texans. Dolphins should be good as well with the Tuna at the helm still and the talent level there not having a huge drop off from last season. Just not sure they are going to sweep the East and that's what it might take for them to make the Playoffs. Plus they get the First place schedule this year:

at Falcons
Colts
at Chargers
Bills
Jets
Bye
Saints
at Jets
at Patriots
Bucs
at Panthers
Bills
Patriots
at Jags
at Titans
Texans
Steelers

Going to be a rough season for the Phins. Maybe the Steelers will have locked up home field by that final week and we will be resting starters for them to get a crack out our backups. Who will probably beat them anyway.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #36
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Maybe OchoCinco should check with Jon Kitna about how guaranteeing that his team will make the playoffs works out.