Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #21
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: 2009 Free Agency

I didn't see this thread before posting the Adams and Guerin signings. Getting both of those guys for a total of $2.55 million next season is a bargain and a half. Guerin can also earn up to an additional $850,000 in incentives and has a no-trade clause. Those 2 deals may make it possible for the Pens to at least make a decent offer to Rob Scuderi, but we'll see.

They must re-sign Ziggy. Pronto. $750,000 per year is a bargain for what he brings to the team. Imagine how much better the Pens would have been with their puck-possession game throughout the playoffs if they had him out there on faceoffs. The Wings had at least 3 goals that I can remember that came directly off faceoffs - those probably don't happen if Ziggy is taking the draws. I really believe he'd have made enough of a difference for the Pens to win one of the first 2 games in Detroit, and the Pens winning the series in 6 rather than 7.

I'm still not sure why they want to re-sign Satan, unless they want to put him on Geno's line with Tank (assuming they re-sign him), but with Max Talbot playing so well with them in the Final, why break them up? I don't understand it.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #22
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

BTW, the Habs are cleaning house and are letting Saku Koivu and Alex Tanguay go. Anyone think we should take a shot at Tanguay? He's been a pretty good scorer in the past. He didn't have a good season this year, but he was injured for a large part of it and most of the Habs underachieved big time anyway. What I don't get is that they let them go, but are keeping Kovalev and are offering him the captaincy, when at one point last year they sent him home during a road trip and had a terrible season by his standards.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #23
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I'm still not sure why they want to re-sign Satan, unless they want to put him on Geno's line with Tank (assuming they re-sign him), but with Max Talbot playing so well with them in the Final, why break them up? I don't understand it.
Yeah, they should just leave Talbot on the second line and let Zigomanus play 4th line center
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:43 AM   #24
Steel Head
Banned

Quote:
BTW, the Habs are cleaning house and are letting Saku Koivu and Alex Tanguay go. Anyone think we should take a shot at Tanguay? He's been a pretty good scorer in the past. He didn't have a good season this year, but he was injured for a large part of it and most of the Habs underachieved big time anyway. What I don't get is that they let them go, but are keeping Kovalev and are offering him the captaincy, when at one point last year they sent him home during a road trip and had a terrible season by his standards.
that's odd. I thought for sure they were letting Kovalev go, and that's who i wanted the Pens to get
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #25
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Go for Tanguay.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #26
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
i say we take a shot, if the price is right. Tanguay was one of my favorite players when he played for colorado and would love for him to play in Pittsburgh as long as he doesnt cost to much.

Im really surprised at the moves the Habs are making, i always figured Koivu would be a Canadien till he retired.

Good news on the Guerin and Adams' signing, and for a hell of a bargain, and if we can get Zigomanis to sign before FA starts that would help us big time know where we stand on the Cap.

Tommorrow is so fun because so much happens right off the back, not like football where it takes a few days for anything, if anything happends. Hockey most of the big names are signed tommorrow and all the role players are filled in later days
Old 06-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #27
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

BTW, the Pens will not be bringing back Mike Zigomanis, per the PG. That could turn out to be a huge mistake given how badly they were raped by the Wings on draws in the Final and how bad they were down the stretch of the season. I guess Sid is our best faceoff man again...
Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #28
Pittsburghfan
Banned

Member Number: 5129

With Zigomanis not coming back I'm guessing the 4th line center is Dustin Jefferey's job to lose.
Pittsburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
With Zigomanis not coming back I'm guessing the 4th line center is Dustin Jefferey's job to lose.
You would be correct.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #30
Steel Head
Banned

i dont know.

Talbot was a pretty good 4th line center last year