Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,302 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default My trip to Gatlinburgh TN.

To make a long story short me and my seven year old son was walking on the streets of Gatlinburgh yesterday. I had a steeler hat on and a steeler shirt. My son had on a steeler shirt and this guy walks up and asked my son why he is wearing that shirt for and he told him they are the best and have six rings. The guy just looked at my son and said I know we are jealous. He was a titan fan.

With in two hours a girl walked up to me and asked me if I was from pittsburgh and I told her I had a brother who lived there and that I was from Virginia and she replied we are from Ohio and like the browns in a smart way. I just told her when they can beat us again come and talk to me and I said don't forget about the six rings we have as well. She seemed to be a little intoxicated she got mad and went on her way down the street.

Last edited by Galax Steeler; 05-24-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default Re: My trip to Gatlinburgh TN.

Year round Steeler pride! (As I sit here in my 'summer' Steelers hat!)

I have met more people simply by wearing my Steelers gear. And forget about it when I'm road. With my personalized plates, I always get waves or people coming over.

It's funny, when the Giants won there were tons of people here wearing shirt and hats. A year and half later, I hardly see anyone. How quickly that fanaticism fades

I can't wait for Sept 10th!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
steelgage
Water Boy

Member Number: 13438

I live in Ohio and am a die hard Steelers fool,and its just amazing how bad the Browns fans hate us. Ive been in a few almost fights in bars because of my loyalty to Pittsburgh. Ive always lived in Ohio and people always ask my I would live here but root for another team. Then I have to explain that first of all I live in america, where I can choose whatever the hell I want but secondly I have a twin brother and at *8years old we chose teams to root for ,he chose the Browns, and at 8 I didnt know the rivalry between the two teams and I chose the Steelers first and formost at that time because I liked thier colors lol,and then found out that they won 4 super bowls. This was in 1979 by the way, and we didnt really have a TV to watch, but found other ways of following them, anyways as it turns out I picked the best team ever and my twin is still is a browns fan .Every year I get so much flack from all these retarded browns fans that next year this and next year that, and it just never happens.If the browns are leading at halftime my phone rings or texts off the hook, but by the end of the gameI dont hear one peep from anyone,ya gotta love it. I live in Ohio ,hate the Browns ,love the Cavs, love the buckeyes, like the Indians,love the Penguins,but man if we could only root for teams by where we lived I would move to Pa.in a heart beat,thank god I live in America,and thank god for the Steelers,which is his favorite team too.
steelgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Stang909
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
To make a long story short me and my seven year old son was walking on the streets of Gatlinburgh yesterday. I had a steeler hat on and a steeler shirt. My son had on a steeler shirt and this guy walks up and asked my son why he is wearing that shirt for and he told him they are the best and have six rings. The guy just looked at my son and said I know we are jealous. He was a titan fan.

With in two hours a girl walked up to me and asked me if I was from pittsburgh and I told her I had a brother who lived there and that I was from Virginia and she replied we are from Ohio and like the browns in a smart way. I just told her when they can beat us again come and talk to me and I said don't forget about the six rings we have as well. She seemed to be a little intoxicated she got mad and went on her way down the street.
Although its titan country, isn't the Gatlinburg area great. I hope you stayed in a cabin. I have been there several time and would like to hear about your trip in more detail.

On Ice or Grass We'll kick your Ass!
Stang909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang909 View Post
Although its titan country, isn't the Gatlinburg area great. I hope you stayed in a cabin. I have been there several time and would like to hear about your trip in more detail.
Actually we stayed in a time share above the space neetle. We were within walking distance of anything we wanted to do. Took in some hiking and horseback riding so we really had a great time. We can't wait to go back.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
Stang909
Bench Warmer

If you didn't eat there, I suggest the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge. Great atmosphere and really good food.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
If you didn't eat there, I suggest the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge. Great atmosphere and really good food.
I really like the Chop House as well they have great food. Where exactly is the Old Mill at in Pigeon Forge.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
Stang909
Bench Warmer

if you go down the main strip in pigeon forge its on the right if you are coming from gatlinburg. its after dollywood the map says traffic light #7

http://www.old-mill.com/

Old 07-03-2009, 04:57 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
if you go down the main strip in pigeon forge its on the right if you are coming from gatlinburg. its after dollywood the map says traffic light #7

http://www.old-mill.com/
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
Stang909
Bench Warmer

No problem I've been there 4 or 5 times so if you have any questions about the area ask and I'll see if I can give you an answer.