Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Re: The Great Debate: 'America's Team'

Americas Team is Pittsburgh. Everyone knows it. The thing is we dont wanna be Americas team. That is the appeal of us to them. We go about doing things the Steelers way and win while they cant get over themselves long enough to stay competitive.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,214 Times in 2,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeg View Post
(Close...he was involved with it. It was Live Aid.)
sure it wasnt the Hands Across the Children tour?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
sure it wasnt the Hands Across the Children tour?
oh snap! i can't believe you went there! haha!

how did this thread become about America's Team to Michael Jackson molesting small children? yet again, we digress. let's get back on topic here...

i honestly don't think Dallas deserves to be called "America's Team" anymore for the the simple fact, they haven't done anything to prove they deserve to be called that anymore. what good have they done lately? (i ask rhetorically) the answer is...nothing. aside from ESPN contractually obligated to talk about them, i would never hear anything come from that camp and nor would i want to.

i just think that the title "America's Team" should be reserved for the fan of whatever team they wish to root for. in their eyes, their team is "America's Team." (except for the Browns. they can be "Mexico's Team." it matches the color of the water.)
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #14
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

The Brownies could be argued for this as they sort of fit the criteria.

We have fans all across the country (and the world for that matter), and have fans show up to pretty much to all away games you'll fine someone decked out in Browns gear. See, the Cardinals or whenever the Browns play the Jags.

Also, a theory a lot of Browns fan have as to why we actually still got a couple of prime time games despite the 4-12 record was the amount of fans that turned in nationally to watch from our fanbase over other fanbases, something the NFL most have remembered looking at the ratings despite going 2-4 on primetime. :).

Sure we don't have many bandwagon fans like the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders and Packers, but the fan base is spread out across the county and loyal as fans can be, and not only do they show up at Browns road games, they also show up to watch the Cavs and Tribe on the road if they play away.

And agreed with RoethlisBURGHer, this seems like nothing more than pure fluff put out by ESPN similiar to "Who's now" and other BS things the WWL has put out as of late.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
The Brownies could be argued for this as they sort of fit the criteria.

We have fans all across the country (and the world for that matter), and have fans show up to pretty much to all away games you'll fine someone decked out in Browns gear. See, the Cardinals or whenever the Browns play the Jags.

Also, a theory a lot of Browns fan have as to why we actually still got a couple of prime time games despite the 4-12 record was the amount of fans that turned in nationally to watch from our fanbase over other fanbases, something the NFL most have remembered looking at the ratings despite going 2-4 on primetime. :).

Sure we don't have many bandwagon fans like the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders and Packers, but the fan base is spread out across the county and loyal as fans can be, and not only do they show up at Browns road games, they also show up to watch the Cavs and Tribe on the road if they play away.

And agreed with RoethlisBURGHer, this seems like nothing more than pure fluff put out by ESPN similiar to "Who's now" and other BS things the WWL has put out as of late.
i've met exactly one brown fan in person my entire 41 years of existence... and that guy was FROM cleveland .....and i only live 2-3 hrs away from ohio...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #16
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9529

Go Steelers!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #17
tucker6
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12833

It's different with the Cowboys. You show up at a hotel in downtown Charlotte, N.C., and there are 400 Cowboys fans roaming the lobby. Maybe a handful of that group made the trip from Dallas. No team in the NFL casts a wider net than the Cowboys in terms of homers. And that's why the Cowboys remain the true "America's Team."

There, fixed it for Mosley. If you've never been to Dallas and never lived near there, then in my opinion, that is the definition of homer. At some point, the fan picked a winning team and went with it. That means homer. When Dallas is having a bad period, opposing teams can fill the stands with their fans. Never happens in Pittsburgh. Oh wait, that's because we don't have down period like Dallas does.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i've met exactly one brown fan in person my entire 41 years of existence... and that guy was FROM cleveland .....and i only live 2-3 hrs away from ohio...
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/...ults.php?id=MD

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/...ults.php?id=PA

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/...ults.php?id=WV

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/...ults.php?id=DE

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/...ults.php?id=VA

maybe you aren't looking hard enough? :)

101 Dawgs (ones officially Browns backers, not unofficially counting others) just to the east of you in Germantown and Frederick

In Pittsburgh, there's 407 members as well. :).
Old 07-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

If America was some third world country that was constantly being invaded and taken over by foreign powers, disapeared for awhile then re-emerged (even weaker than before), then MAYBE they could be considered "America's Team".

They should shoot for the title of "Afghanistan's Team". It fits a lot better...