Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Top 10 All-Time QBs

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...0-all-time-QBs

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

great list. obviously. but as i waited with baited breath to find out where our beloved Terry Bradshaw was...i was shocked and rather jacked to find out that he didn't make the list. why? you would think...anyone would think that he should've made the list, right?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Top 10 All-Time QBs

It's simple. Bradshaw didn't make this list for the same reason Ben didn't make their current top-5 - they're hung up on statistics alone and Bradshaw only had a 51.9 completion percentage, a 70.9 passer rating and 212 TDs against 210 INTs for his career.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
It's simple. Bradshaw didn't make this list for the same reason Ben didn't make their current top-5 - they're hung up on statistics alone and Bradshaw only had a 51.9 completion percentage, a 70.9 passer rating and 212 TDs against 210 INTs for his career.
yeah, but the 4 Super Bowls in the 1970s should've counted for something. i don't TOTALLY disagree with the list, but to me, Bradshaw should've been atleast in the bottom 10.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
yeah, but the 4 Super Bowls in the 1970s should've counted for something. i don't TOTALLY disagree with the list, but to me, Bradshaw should've been atleast in the bottom 10.
Does Ben EVER get credit for his two rings? Nope. He loses out to Drew Brees and Jay Cutler who throw for a bazillion yards because their teams suck and need to score 35+ a game to have any hope of winning. These lists tend to be complete BS, IMO.

Last edited by fansince'76; 07-13-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Fixed Cutler's first name - still thinking Jake Plummer.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Does Ben EVER get credit for his two rings? Nope. He loses out to Drew Brees and Jake Cutler who throw for a bazillion yards because their teams suck and need to score 35+ a game to have any hope of winning. These lists tend to be complete BS, IMO.
yeah...you're right. but then again, Ben and the Steelers never really had a problem with winning and flying under the radar at the same time. i can get behind that notion. we don't have to win big and we don't have to win pretty, we just have to win. we seem to do that pretty well and in the long run, stats really don't matter. it's the outcome that people remember and focus on. i guess lists aren't really important since they are solely based on opinion. but in my opinion their opinion sucks! haha!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts

noway should farve, brady and manning be ahead of marino.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
noway should farve, brady and manning be ahead of marino.
statistically, no freaking way should they be above Marino! but if you base it on Super Bowl wins...then yeah, they got him beat. sadly. ha!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

The list is Null and Void instantly for not including a 2 Time Super Bowl MVP and 4 Time Super bowl Winner.

Null and VOID says Me.

I love Terry Bradshaw
Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Meh, it should be no surprise that these lists favor QBs from pass-happy offenses. If you can pin your opponent down with great defense and grind down the clock with a good running game, it's going to put downward pressure on your numbers. I say go ahead and rank Marino or Favre however high you want. I'll be quite happy taking the extra Lombardi trophies instead, thank you.