Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Just a dumb quote from an airheaded murdering thug
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Yeah! Screw Ray for honoring a man at his funeral in front of thousands of family/friends/fans! .
Honoring a friend is wonderful and expected. Making the man to be more than he was and comparing him to Jesus is ignorant and dishonest.

Quote:
.... who the hell are we to comment on Steve McNair's respectability?
Well...how about literate people who can read a police report produced by a team of investigative professionals?

Quote:
I never had any kind of attachment to Steve, and the rumors coming out certainly don't look good, but again, Ray Lewis knew McNair for many, many years, and we didn't.
Hmmmm...and Charles Manson gave a wonderful character reference to Charles "Tex" Watson.

I would guess that everyone outside of Baltimore thinks that McNair holds more credibility without Ray's "endorsement".
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #23
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

While I respect Steve McNair for his tough gritty play on the gridiron, I do not respect him as a man.

A man doesn't sneak around screwing some girl behind his wife's back.

He was nowhere anywhere near Jesus-like. But I think he would have liked the ability to turn water into wine with his DUI's.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #24
Stover4Prez
Banned

Member Number: 11715

I don't see the problem with what Ray said. He didn't say McNair WAS Jesus, he said he sacrificed, much like Jesus did. He was a close friend and spoke to celbrate the good things that Steve did in life. There will be plenty of time in the future to analyze more of the situation or criticize some of his decisions, but not when the man is lying in front of you at a funeral. I found Ray's words to be very uplifting to Steve's children most of all. And at this point, they are the ones that need the most support. Would you talk bad about a friend who was killed doing something stupid? I think not.
Stover4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Please...do you Rats fans have ANY shame? Is there NOTHING stabbit Ray can do, no new low that he can sink to that you WON'T blindly defend?

McNair is a POS as a human. Ray is a POS as a human. They will both rot in Hell for their mortal sins (and I'm not even a religious person, so DON'T try and go there!).

Christ, guys, this is ridiculous. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say and an insult to everyone anywhere who strives to live by a moral code...it's indefensible so just STOP already!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
I don't see the problem with what Ray said. He didn't say McNair WAS Jesus, he said he sacrificed, much like Jesus did. He was a close friend and spoke to celbrate the good things that Steve did in life. There will be plenty of time in the future to analyze more of the situation or criticize some of his decisions, but not when the man is lying in front of you at a funeral. I found Ray's words to be very uplifting to Steve's children most of all. And at this point, they are the ones that need the most support. Would you talk bad about a friend who was killed doing something stupid? I think not.
No....I wouldnt make a comparison between my best friend and Christ ..even in front of my best friends kids. I would bring up Christ but only in the correct perspective

I would say that my friend was wonderfully human...faced the same temptations that we all face...failed at some... but excelled at others. I would say that his life was typical of the life that we ALL face...and like my friend I am glad that I dont HAVE to be perfect because I believe that Jesus was perfect.... and He took my place so that I dont have to pay for the times I failed.

The "honorable" Rev. Lewis is a idiot...and a hypocritical phoney.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #27
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Please...do you Rats fans have ANY shame? Is there NOTHING stabbit Ray can do, no new low that he can sink to that you WON'T blindly defend?

McNair is a POS as a human. Ray is a POS as a human. They will both rot in Hell for their mortal sins (and I'm not even a religious person, so DON'T try and go there!).

Christ, guys, this is ridiculous. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say and an insult to everyone anywhere who strives to live by a moral code...it's indefensible so just STOP already!
Ray was making a speech in front of McNair's family and friends, and Lewis wanted to honor Steve to the best of his ability.

Obviously Ray got caught up in the moment, but his intentions were genuine.

To judge Steve without knowing the entire story is foolish. I think that it was shameful for McNair to cheat on his wife as well, but I don't even know 1% of what actually happened, so I won't pass judgment.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #28
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
No....I wouldnt make a comparison between my best friend and Christ ..even in front of my best friends kids. I would bring up Christ but only in the correct perspective

I would say that my friend was wonderfully human...faced the same temptations that we all face...failed at some... but excelled at others. I would say that his life was typical of the life that we ALL face...and like my friend I am glad that I dont HAVE to be perfect because I believe that Jesus was perfect.... and He took my place so that I dont have to pay for the times I failed.

The "honorable" Rev. Lewis is a idiot...and a hypocritical phoney.
Ray was saying that McNair followed Jesus' example, not that Steve resembled Christ.

Lewis is probably one of the most devout Christians in the league, so I'm pretty sure Ray would think about a speech like this beforehand.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Ray was saying that McNair followed Jesus' example, not that Steve resembled Christ.

Lewis is probably one of the most devout Christians in the league, so I'm pretty sure Ray would think about a speech like this beforehand.
Ray is religious....big difference between that and being a devout Christian. Ray has not shown through his actions that he uses Faith as anything more than a bullhorn in which he screams "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME!!"

Faith is a reason to work towards good behavior...not an excuse for bad behavior.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #30
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Remember the parable about Jesus having a wife and 4 kids and cheating on her with some 20 year old bimbette, then cheating on HER with another 20 year old bimbette, then getting shot by the 1st bimbette?

No?

You mean Jesus didn't do that kind of stuff?

Please...what a reach....

At least McNair's offenses aren't, strictly speaking, illegal...Ray should be in jail forever, if not on death row.