Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #31
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Ray was saying that McNair followed Jesus' example, not that Steve resembled Christ.

Lewis is probably one of the most devout Christians in the league, so I'm pretty sure Ray would think about a speech like this beforehand.
Ray Lewis is NOT a devout Christian, please don't try to pass that off here because we're not wearing purple colored glasses like some.

Ray Lewis is a scumbag. He should be sitting in jail right now, not playing pro football making millions.

Steve McNair made none of the sacrifices that Jesus Christ made. Last I checked, he died because he's a chronic adulterer (is that even a word?), he didn't die to forgive my sins or anyone else's...he dies because of his sins.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #32
Ravnet
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 382
Member Number: 13288
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

You guys are right, Ray Lewis is a murderer, Steve McNair was nothing more than a cheating scumbag, and Art Modell deserves to be stoned.

Thanks for enlightening me.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
You guys are right, Ray Lewis is a murderer, Steve McNair was nothing more than a cheating scumbag, and Art Modell deserves to be stoned.

Thanks for enlightening me.
You're welcome!
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,898
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,158
Thanked 9,598 Times in 3,994 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

in heaven the streets are paved with golden steelers superbowl rings and adorned with sterling silver lombardi's.

learn it.

live it.

love it.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #35
Stover4Prez
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Member Number: 11715
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Ray Lewis is NOT a devout Christian, please don't try to pass that off here because we're not wearing purple colored glasses like some.

Ray Lewis is a scumbag. He should be sitting in jail right now, not playing pro football making millions.

Steve McNair made none of the sacrifices that Jesus Christ made. Last I checked, he died because he's a chronic adulterer (is that even a word?), he didn't die to forgive my sins or anyone else's...he dies because of his sins.
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

And he should be sitting in jail based on what? That no witness when questioned in court could say that he hit, kicked or stabbed anyone that night? Except a con artist who was working a deal to make his sentence less? Were you at the club that night?

And Ray and no point said Steve died for your sins. He said he sacrificed, worked hard, played hurt and was a warrior who "sacrificed" for his children. Now that argument can be played out and I completely agree that if you love your kids you shouldn't be hooking up with a crazy chick who just bought a gun! No doubt. But as much as everyone wants to say the Steeler hatred of Ray (and apparently Steve) has slanted your opinion of these comments as well. I didn't particularly like McNair, will never forgive him for HIS loss against Indy in the playoffs, and didn't think he was a great QB. But I would never wish his friends and family to bad mouth him at his funeral.
Stover4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #36
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

And he should be sitting in jail based on what? That no witness when questioned in court could say that he hit, kicked or stabbed anyone that night? Except a con artist who was working a deal to make his sentence less? Were you at the club that night?

And Ray and no point said Steve died for your sins. He said he sacrificed, worked hard, played hurt and was a warrior who "sacrificed" for his children. Now that argument can be played out and I completely agree that if you love your kids you shouldn't be hooking up with a crazy chick who just bought a gun! No doubt. But as much as everyone wants to say the Steeler hatred of Ray (and apparently Steve) has slanted your opinion of these comments as well. I didn't particularly like McNair, will never forgive him for HIS loss against Indy in the playoffs, and didn't think he was a great QB. But I would never wish his friends and family to bad mouth him at his funeral.
A devout Christian wouldn't use the language that he uses on the football field for one. Giving to charity, going to church doesn't make someone a devout Christian. He does have some good qualities, but IMO, I would not call him a devout Christian. A believer, yeah. I would put him in the same category as myself. But a devout Christian, no way.

He witnessed a murder in progress and didn't alert the authorities. That is accessory to murder. He got off with some misdemeanor for his testimony which failed to put the people who actually did kill the two men in jail.

As for McNair, I liked him as a football player. I loved his toughness and grit on the football field. I hated playing him, because he was so damn good. He wasn't a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady skirt wearing QB, McNair was a football player QB.

However, I don't want to hear about how he sacrificed for his family. Any father worth a shit as a dad sacrifices for his family. Yeah he suffered a lot of injuries playing football, but it comes with the job description. People don't go praising police officers, construction workers, and other normal Joe people with normal Joe jobs because they do something that is dangerous. McNair wasn't going to get shot by someone on the football field, he wasn't going to fall off of a tall building in his profession. He was payed MILLIONS to play a game for goodness sakes. Don't give me sacrifice garbage because he got a lot of bumps and bruises playing football.

He didn't get shot trying to save a kid from a stray bullet fired by someone in the ghetto. He got shot because the woman he was cheating on his wife with thought he was cheating on her, and honestly he probably was.

Yes, his death was a tragedy. Nobody deserves to be murdered (unless they themselves have committed murder, and the punishment is the death sentence). But his decisions lead to his death. While I do feel bad about it and wish it never happened, I can step back and see that he brought this on himself.

And yes, I realize that when you eulogize someone you don't talk trash about them. But Ray Lewis took that to the opposite end if the spectrum. He took that concept too far. If you cannot see that, then maybe you need to get over your man crush on Ray Lewis...and until you do...don't go telling any Steelers fan on this message board to step back from their hatred/strong dislike of Ray Lewis or any Ravens player.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #37
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
A devout Christian wouldn't use the language that he uses on the football field for one. Giving to charity, going to church doesn't make someone a devout Christian. He does have some good qualities, but IMO, I would not call him a devout Christian. A believer, yeah. I would put him in the same category as myself. But a devout Christian, no way.

He witnessed a murder in progress and didn't alert the authorities. That is accessory to murder. He got off with some misdemeanor for his testimony which failed to put the people who actually did kill the two men in jail.

As for McNair, I liked him as a football player. I loved his toughness and grit on the football field. I hated playing him, because he was so damn good. He wasn't a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady skirt wearing QB, McNair was a football player QB.

However, I don't want to hear about how he sacrificed for his family. Any father worth a shit as a dad sacrifices for his family. Yeah he suffered a lot of injuries playing football, but it comes with the job description. People don't go praising police officers, construction workers, and other normal Joe people with normal Joe jobs because they do something that is dangerous. McNair wasn't going to get shot by someone on the football field, he wasn't going to fall off of a tall building in his profession. He was payed MILLIONS to play a game for goodness sakes. Don't give me sacrifice garbage because he got a lot of bumps and bruises playing football.

He didn't get shot trying to save a kid from a stray bullet fired by someone in the ghetto. He got shot because the woman he was cheating on his wife with thought he was cheating on her, and honestly he probably was.

Yes, his death was a tragedy. Nobody deserves to be murdered (unless they themselves have committed murder, and the punishment is the death sentence). But his decisions lead to his death. While I do feel bad about it and wish it never happened, I can step back and see that he brought this on himself.

And yes, I realize that when you eulogize someone you don't talk trash about them. But Ray Lewis took that to the opposite end if the spectrum. He took that concept too far. If you cannot see that, then maybe you need to get over your man crush on Ray Lewis...and until you do...don't go telling any Steelers fan on this message board to step back from their hatred/strong dislike of Ray Lewis or any Ravens player.


Can't say it any better than that.

Really, the excuses being made by the purple sunglasses-clad Lewis apologists in this thread are just ridiculous. There is NO WAY...NONE, ZIP, NADA...that anything about Steve McNair's life can be compared to Jesus Christ, directly or indirectly. Not after discovering that the way he lived his life was anything but Christ-like. And that is that.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #38
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Ray copped a plea...he turned state's witness. He WAS charged with murder and aggravated assault. Bear in mind, this case was going to trial, and was bound over because there was enough initial evidence that he was guilty. He COPPED A DEAL, which is NOT the same as innocence.

To refresh some people's recollections, when Ray was initially questioned, he LIED and said he was only a witness, and didn't even know thew two guys he later sent up the river. What's worse, he was granted IMMUNITY for his testimony, and the most nefarious aspect of the case was all the people who CHANGED THEIR TESTIMONY when questioned by the prosecution, I mean people who literally initially said they saw Ray fighting, outside the limo, saw him with a knife, etc, etc later just completely backtracked and said he was just trying to get people in the limo. Yeah, riiiiiight....money talks, baby...

If you're a blind lemming, an unquestioning nuthugger of this murdering thug, fine, but the facts are the facts and most of know what REALLY happened.

So we have a murderer calling a chronic repeat adulterer "Jesus-like" and that is something rotten in Denmark in most sane and rational people's books...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #39
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

And he should be sitting in jail based on what? That no witness when questioned in court could say that he hit, kicked or stabbed anyone that night? Except a con artist who was working a deal to make his sentence less? Were you at the club that night?

And Ray and no point said Steve died for your sins. He said he sacrificed, worked hard, played hurt and was a warrior who "sacrificed" for his children. Now that argument can be played out and I completely agree that if you love your kids you shouldn't be hooking up with a crazy chick who just bought a gun! No doubt. But as much as everyone wants to say the Steeler hatred of Ray (and apparently Steve) has slanted your opinion of these comments as well. I didn't particularly like McNair, will never forgive him for HIS loss against Indy in the playoffs, and didn't think he was a great QB. But I would never wish his friends and family to bad mouth him at his funeral.
You're right in that I don't know Ray beyond what I see. I can't judge him or his convictions based upon 3 hours on Sunday and what I read in the paper. I don't know him, nor do I know any Steelers. Who knows what they are really like beyond the limited exposure we have of their lives.

I just think, based upon everything I read in scripture about Jesus, that Ray should have used someone else to compare Steve McNair to. From people I know who have been through this...not murder, but adultery...the emotional pain you put your family through far outweighs any physical pain that Steve endured on the football field.

In his press conference, when Jeff Fisher said that if Steve were alive today, that the Steve McNair he knew would say "I love you Mechelle"....I think the more appropriate thing to say for Steve would be "I screwed up. I'm sorry. Please forgive me".
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #40
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

.

okey dokey...here is a story from SI about the "Honorable" Rev. Lewis...who was behind the pulpit at a church event..


Quote:
Lewis is telling the crowd. "Even though I was persecuted, crucified.... Am I O.K.?

“Every time I step on the football field, He's prepared a table for me in the presence of my enemy!" Lewis says, and now he's jeering. "And every time they think they want to say something to me? Every time they think they want to boo me? They have to pay--to come see me."

And it's over. (Pastor) Bryant steps toward him, reaches for the microphone, but Lewis is too far gone. He flings the mike down, and it hits the stage with a reverberating thunk. God's linebacker stalks away, certain he's feeling nothing but grace.



http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...8943/index.htm
You wanted a public event in which he is being a hypocritical jerk? There ya go...arrogance and repentence NEVER go hand in hand
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts