Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
psteelers3680
Water Boy

Member Number: 13814
Default Re: Tips to live through the Dog Pound!

bump for some more responses!
psteelers3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by psteelers3680 View Post
I am going to the Dec 10 game in Cleveland with my father who is a Browns fan (ew). Anyways, we are sitting in the dogpound and heard that Steelers fans don't usually make it out alive. to make it worse I will definitely be decked out in full STEEELERS gear!!!!! Anyone have any tips to live through it?

Thanks ahead of time!

HUGE STEELERS FAN!!!
doesn't that suck when a beloved family member is a fan of another team!? it's almost like they aren't even your REAL family. like you were adopted my Hungarian gypsies and they have no clue what football is all about! haha!

my mother is a die hard Steelers fan and she LOVES Troy Polamalu. my brother, he lieks any player who is up and coming and hot right now. he's a fairweather flash in the pan fan. he had a Michael Vick, LaDanian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush, and Terrell Owens jersey. he loved all of those players because at one point they were good. it drove me nuts because all he would do is talk smack about the Steelers. to this day i am convinced he's not really my brother but an evil cyborg sent to destroy all Steelers fans one at a time.

good luck out there, bro. you'll need it. haha!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
psteelers3680
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
doesn't that suck when a beloved family member is a fan of another team!? it's almost like they aren't even your REAL family. like you were adopted my Hungarian gypsies and they have no clue what football is all about! haha!

my mother is a die hard Steelers fan and she LOVES Troy Polamalu. my brother, he lieks any player who is up and coming and hot right now. he's a fairweather flash in the pan fan. he had a Michael Vick, LaDanian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush, and Terrell Owens jersey. he loved all of those players because at one point they were good. it drove me nuts because all he would do is talk smack about the Steelers. to this day i am convinced he's not really my brother but an evil cyborg sent to destroy all Steelers fans one at a time.

good luck out there, bro. you'll need it. haha!

Funny you should mention Hungarian gypsies. It just so happens that that's where my Brownie loving father is from!!!! HAHA. As for my brother, he is a NINERS fan. Not sure where that came from.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
psteelers3680
Water Boy

bump
Old 07-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Funny you should mention Hungarian gypsies. It just so happens that that's where my Brownie loving father is from!!!! HAHA. As for my brother, he is a NINERS fan. Not sure where that came from.
i know a few 49ers fans. they sure are a quiet bunch of people. a guess damn near 15 years of futility has taken the words right out of their mouths. haha!

Browns fans...i don't even want to get started on them. we'll wait until week 6. haha!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
Guttpuppy
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9534

I went to a game in Cleveland once, we sat in the corner of the endzone next to the pound. They called me names and told me to sit down a lot. A few beers were thrown at me as well as a mustard covered hot dog. There was more Steelers fans there than what I was expecting and they had my back.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #17
psteelers3680
Water Boy

Thanks Guttpuppy! I don't know how many Steeler Fans that are going to be brave enough to have my back in the pound though! I hope to see a lot of Black and Gold!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #18
psteelers3680
Water Boy

bump
Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks Guttpuppy! I don't know how many Steeler Fans that are going to be brave enough to have my back in the pound though! I hope to see a lot of Black and Gold!!!
have you ever been to a Steeler game!?!? those things are basically giant family reunions with family members you never met and will never see again! but they are nice enough to high five, fist bump, or hug your when your team scores and they'll be there for you through thick and thin...for 3 hours or so! they will definitely have your back.

i've witnessed such commradery as an opposing teams fan getting harassed by Steelers fans in the bathroom once at a Steelers game, and Steeler fans actually broke it up and squashed the beef. i thought the Steelers fan where going to hop in on the harassing action, but that was not the case. Steelers fans can be big ball busters...but with hearts of gold (or black and gold!) but mostly ball busters! haha!

if you are going to an away game and you have fellow Steelers fans with you and around you, you're safe. i wouldn't worry about it. but do note, if you have your terrible towel with you, you might need it to wipe off beer, tears, feces, blood, or mustard off your jersey. so, bring a spare incase that happens or they steal it and stomp on it. but if that happens, they are surely going to get smashed with falling rocks or attacked by rhinos on the highway because that's how karma is for anyone who disrespects the towel. haha!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #20
Guttpuppy
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9534

you crazy