Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #41
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

I think the fact that we won't agree with his adolation of Stabbit Ray has upset him and he has left.

I hope the door hits him in the ass on his way out.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #42
Youngstown Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13759

Ray needs to hire someone to write his speeches if he has intentions on ever speaking publicly again! Maybe Lester Hayes is available?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #43
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I think the fact that we won't agree with his adolation of Stabbit Ray has upset him and he has left.

I hope the door hits him in the ass on his way out.
It's absolutely pointless to argue on this board in particular as virtually every single member is self-righteous to the point that they become set on a specific point and physically cannot adopt another opinion, nor are they willing to even listen.

Even if an issue is clearly arbitrary, posters on this message board will continue to "bump" posts and/or taunt followers of opposing teams as the Pittsburgh fans completely and totally convince themselves that their take on the issue is 115% true.

I'm really not being biased in saying that as this forum is absurdly arrogant; I find haughtiness coming from spectators of a professional sports team to be obnoxiously comical as they are nothing more than observers, yet still consider themselves integral parts of the organization.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #44
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
It's absolutely pointless to argue on this board in particular as virtually every single member is self-righteous to the point that they become set on a specific point and physically cannot adopt another opinion, nor are they willing to even listen.

Even if an issue is clearly arbitrary, posters on this message board will continue to "bump" posts and/or taunt followers of opposing teams as the Pittsburgh fans completely and totally convince themselves that their point is nothing but true.

I'm really not being biased in saying that as this forum is absurdly arrogant; I find haughtiness coming from spectators of a professional sports team to be obnoxiously comical as they are nothing more than observers, yet still consider themselves integral parts of the organization.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #45
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:

Even if an issue is clearly arbitrary, posters on this message board will continue to "bump" posts and/or taunt followers of opposing teams as the Pittsburgh fans completely and totally convince themselves that their take on the issue is 115% true.

That's cute...but it completely ignores the core argument here: Ray Lewis is NOT an innocent victim (nor for that matter is Steve McNair). He's, at BEST an accessory to murder who plea bargained his way out of it, at WORST a murderer himself. And a murderer calling a serial adulterer Jesus is INDEFENSIBLE in any sane and rational discourse.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #46
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

We're talking about Steve McNair the human here, we're not talking about Steve McNair the football player. Any Steeler fan will tell you that Steve McNair was a great athlete and a frustrating opponent. Any Steeler fan will tell you James Harrison is a great player, but not a very desirable or respectful human being.

As we have learned, Steve McNair the human is an unfaithful selfish farce of a family man. He is not some innocent victim of a hate crime or random shooting. His ADULTERY lead to the ruin of a young girl's life and his untimely death.

Not only is Ray Lewis is cowardly murderor, but he's a delusional idiot as well.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #47
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
A devout Christian wouldn't use the language that he uses on the football field for one. Giving to charity, going to church doesn't make someone a devout Christian. He does have some good qualities, but IMO, I would not call him a devout Christian. A believer, yeah. I would put him in the same category as myself. But a devout Christian, no way.

He witnessed a murder in progress and didn't alert the authorities. That is accessory to murder. He got off with some misdemeanor for his testimony which failed to put the people who actually did kill the two men in jail.

As for McNair, I liked him as a football player. I loved his toughness and grit on the football field. I hated playing him, because he was so damn good. He wasn't a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady skirt wearing QB, McNair was a football player QB.

However, I don't want to hear about how he sacrificed for his family. Any father worth a shit as a dad sacrifices for his family. Yeah he suffered a lot of injuries playing football, but it comes with the job description. People don't go praising police officers, construction workers, and other normal Joe people with normal Joe jobs because they do something that is dangerous. McNair wasn't going to get shot by someone on the football field, he wasn't going to fall off of a tall building in his profession. He was payed MILLIONS to play a game for goodness sakes. Don't give me sacrifice garbage because he got a lot of bumps and bruises playing football.

He didn't get shot trying to save a kid from a stray bullet fired by someone in the ghetto. He got shot because the woman he was cheating on his wife with thought he was cheating on her, and honestly he probably was.

Yes, his death was a tragedy. Nobody deserves to be murdered (unless they themselves have committed murder, and the punishment is the death sentence). But his decisions lead to his death. While I do feel bad about it and wish it never happened, I can step back and see that he brought this on himself.

And yes, I realize that when you eulogize someone you don't talk trash about them. But Ray Lewis took that to the opposite end if the spectrum. He took that concept too far. If you cannot see that, then maybe you need to get over your man crush on Ray Lewis...and until you do...don't go telling any Steelers fan on this message board to step back from their hatred/strong dislike of Ray Lewis or any Ravens player.

One of the BEST posts I've ever read on this BB or any other.

Ray Lewis is a pompous douchebag who should be rotting in a prison cell. Period.

I adored Steve McNair as a football player and admired him for his grit and his charity work, but I do NOT respect him as a man. Though Steve's death was tragically unfortunate, the TRUE victims here are his grieiving spouse and children that he obviously had no respect for.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #48
Youngstown Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
We're talking about Steve McNair the human here, we're not talking about Steve McNair the football player. Any Steeler fan will tell you that Steve McNair was a great athlete and a frustrating opponent. Any Steeler fan will tell you James Harrison is a great player, but not a very desirable or respectful human being.

As we have learned, Steve McNair the human is an unfaithful selfish farce of a family man. He is not some innocent victim of a hate crime or random shooting. His ADULTERY lead to the ruin of a young girl's life and his untimely death.

Not only is Ray Lewis is cowardly murderor, but he's a delusional idiot as well.

Not to change the subject here, but let's talk about James Harrison. I've seen it written on several occasions on this board that Harrison is not the best person alive. Help me understand. I've never witnessed anything negative involving James. I've never heard him bad-mouth anyone, I've never seen anything negative about his play on the field. Am I missing something? He seems like a good person to me.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #49
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Steeler View Post
Not to change the subject here, but let's talk about James Harrison. I've seen it written on several occasions on this board that Harrison is not the best person alive. Help me understand. I've never witnessed anything negative involving James. I've never heard him bad-mouth anyone, I've never seen anything negative about his play on the field. Am I missing something? He seems like a good person to me.
he hit his wife last offseason
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #50
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Quote:
Ray was making a speech in front of McNair's family and friends, and Lewis wanted to honor Steve to the best of his ability.

Obviously Ray got caught up in the moment, but his intentions were genuine.

To judge Steve without knowing the entire story is foolish. I think that it was shameful for McNair to cheat on his wife as well, but I don't even know 1% of what actually happened, so I won't pass judgment.
blah blah blah. You're just defending Stabbit Ray and Steve because Ray praised him. Steve was an adulterer, Ray's comment was stupid, and completely wrong period end of discussion.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote