Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,171 Times in 2,654 Posts
Default Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

this goes beyond football. see link for thuggish ruggish mug shot.

ATF: La Vergne ex-con sold Kazemi the gun that killed McNair

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...+killed+McNair

Quote:
Adrian Gilliam Jr. of La Vergne has been arrested in connection with the Steve McNair shooting, accused of supplying the gun that killed the NFL great.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco arrested Gilliam.

The gun offense is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000. Gilliam has a 3 p.m. arraignment today before Judge Clifton Knowles.

Gilliam, 33, was convicted in Miami-Dade County, Fla., in 1993 of three counts of armed robbery and second-degree murder.

Sahel Kazemi, 20, who had been dating McNair for several months, purchased the gun from Gilliam on July 2 ó the same day she was busted for a DUI while McNair was in the passenger seat of a Cadillac Escalade registered to the pair.

Police said she bought it in the parking lot outside Dave & Busters in the middle of her waitress shift for $100 ó and she also tried to sell the gun supplier her Kia but was unsuccessful. She spent so long in the parking lot, the restaurant's managers told her to clock out for the night.

Two days later, McNair was shot four times and Kazemi turned the gun on herself. They were found early morning July 4 in a Second Avenue condo McNair rented with a friend.

Crime-scene evidence showed that all five of the bullets fired in the condo matched the gun that was found under her body. Police are awaiting toxicology reports on both victims.

Kazemiís family has hired a Nashville lawyer and they are seeking an independent investigation. A representative said relatives canít believe she acted alone in killing the former quarterback.

According to a court filing in relation to Gilliam's gun charge, the gun originated at Household Pawn on Charlotte Avenue and went through another owner before Gilliam bought it for $100 about a year ago. It said Gilliam admitted to agents he sold the gun to Kazemi, identifying her through a photograph.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

I don't know...

unless it was illegal for him to own a gun, I REALLY don't like the law that allows the seller of a gun used in a crime to be punished.

It is tantamount to the seller of a car being punished because the buyer drove drunk and killed a pedestrian.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

It is illegal for any felon to possess a gun, ever. It is also probably illegal for someone not licensed to sell firearms to sell one in TN. It is in CA, you have to jump through all kinds of hoops even if you give your gun to someone.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
It is illegal for any felon to possess a gun, ever. It is also probably illegal for someone not licensed to sell firearms to sell one in TN. It is in CA, you have to jump through all kinds of hoops even if you give your gun to someone.
Actually, it is not always illegal to for felon to posses a fire arm. They can go through a process to get their rights restored, and once again vote, possess a fire arm, etc. I have known a couple people in my church that have done that (previous church).

I REALLY don't like the restriction of sales of completely legal things. WAY too much govt. intervention.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I think they have to get a pardon from the governor right? 99.9% of felons can't own guns again, that should work.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

blame blame blame.......

In the end, the blame lies on McNair himself. Nobody deserves to die for mistakes, but his own decisions and lack of judgement put him a bad situation. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
blame blame blame.......

In the end, the blame lies on McNair himself. Nobody deserves to die for mistakes, but his own decisions and lack of judgement put him a bad situation. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.
I agree totally! my biggest problem with all this is "how great mcnair is" that is all i have heard. if that where true he would have been home with his wife and kids and not running around.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I don't know...

unless it was illegal for him to own a gun, I REALLY don't like the law that allows the seller of a gun used in a crime to be punished.

It is tantamount to the seller of a car being punished because the buyer drove drunk and killed a pedestrian.
Yes, but it seems pretty irresponsible to sell a firearm in a parking lot.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Yes, but it seems pretty irresponsible to sell a firearm in a parking lot.
Why? Is it just as irresponsible to sell a butcher knife, a car, or an ax in a parking lot?
Old 07-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I think they have to get a pardon from the governor right? 99.9% of felons can't own guns again, that should work.
Some states, if I remember right, are quite a bit more generous. However, I agree with you, they SHOULDNT be able to.

If you are a felon, you should not be able to vote nor own a firearm.