Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'm thinkin detroit fans might argue that....
I request an honorable mention...just for living through the 90's.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'm thinkin detroit fans might argue that....
At least Detroit didn't get their team swept out from under them and they got to watch Barry Sanders for his entire career.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain
 
RodWoodsonwasprettycool's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Akron/Canton, Ohio
Posts: 799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
At least Detroit didn't get their team swept out from under them and they got to watch Barry Sanders for his entire career.
Detroit also has the Red wings and Pistons championships to distract them a bit from their misery.

Cleveland can't claim that what-so-ever (OSU winning it all might count, but I'm unsure, as I've seen three different NFL fanbases claim TOSU as their team)

Bengals fans? Yeah they've had it rough, but again at least they have the "Big Red Machine" to again keep them a bit distracted, and at least made it to the Big Dance in 1981, and 1988.

The Snakebit curse that the Browns have suffered as of late has been painful, pretty much about 90% give or take of games I've seen lost by the Browns could have been winnable ball games. Heck, you can take it to the bank that there's usually one blow out game against Pittsburgh and one close one where the Browns look on the verge of being extremely closing to take it but just can't get over the hump.
__________________
Don't Blame Me, I don't have any control over the Browns.
RodWoodsonwasprettycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #24
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,878
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 805
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,405 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Detroit also has the Red wings and Pistons championships to distract them a bit from their misery.

Cleveland can't claim that what-so-ever (OSU winning it all might count, but I'm unsure, as I've seen three different NFL fanbases claim TOSU as their team)

Bengals fans? Yeah they've had it rough, but again at least they have the "Big Red Machine" to again keep them a bit distracted, and at least made it to the Big Dance in 1981, and 1988.

The Snakebit curse that the Browns have suffered as of late has been painful, pretty much about 90% give or take of games I've seen lost by the Browns could have been winnable ball games. Heck, you can take it to the bank that there's usually one blow out game against Pittsburgh and one close one where the Browns look on the verge of being extremely closing to take it but just can't get over the hump.
dude...you said...pro football, not city wide sports

Quote:
most tortured fans in all of pro football
cleveland all time - 475-376-13

detroit all time.........488-569-32

sure cleland was absent a few years. while you guys got a break from the suckdom, the poor lion fans suffering continued on...
96 ....5-11
97.....9-7 (quick exit from the playoffs)
98.....5-11

the browns easily have twice as many winning seasons as the lions.
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #25
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain
 
RodWoodsonwasprettycool's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Akron/Canton, Ohio
Posts: 799
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
dude...you said...pro football, not city wide sports



cleveland all time - 475-376-13

detroit all time.........488-569-32

sure cleland was absent a few years. while you guys got a break from the suckdom, the poor lion fans suffering continued on...
96 ....5-11
97.....9-7 (quick exit from the playoffs)
98.....5-11

the browns easily have twice as many winning seasons as the lions.
Stats don't lie I guess. Kudos.

Still, I'm curious if Browns fan would have traded a decade or so of Matt Millen running the team or even those results if it meant the team would have never moved in the first place :(.

Oh and Sundays without football in the fall suck...hard, even if it's without BAD football.
__________________
Don't Blame Me, I don't have any control over the Browns.
RodWoodsonwasprettycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:26 AM   #26
Boomerang
Bench Warmer
 
Boomerang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South ,Australia
Posts: 355
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Good to see the Steelers recognised as the top fanbase.
__________________

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:39 AM   #27
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
dude...you said...pro football, not city wide sports



cleveland all time - 475-376-13

detroit all time.........488-569-32

sure cleland was absent a few years. while you guys got a break from the suckdom, the poor lion fans suffering continued on...
96 ....5-11
97.....9-7 (quick exit from the playoffs)
98.....5-11

the browns easily have twice as many winning seasons as the lions.
Well, heck...throw the Bengals into the conversation for a not so distant second place...271-353-2.

And for the record, Super Bowl losing seasons are more painful than 2-14 seasons.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 67
Member Number: 11437
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Top 5 best fanbases

I challenge anyone to find a more pointless, unmeasureable, flat-out stupid topic than this one.

Thanks for participating.
Ishkabibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts