Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #41
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11437
Default Re: Top 5 Coaches

Uh, it's called a tuck RULE for a reason. Gotta gripe? Take in to Park Avenue in NYC.
Wonder how much the namesake of the Rooney Rule had to do with ESPN's embarrassing reluctance to report on the Roethlisbeger situation? Tony Zendejas (an NFL nothing compared to Roethlisberger) was alleged to have drugged & raped a woman last September. No criminal charges filed; a civil suit only, but ESPN sure as hell reported on that.
So ABC/Disney/ESPN reports on the one guy, who no one cares about, but not on the other guy? Then they absurdly state the reason they're not reporting Roethlisberger is because "no criminal chages have been filed"....only to have the Zendajas double-standard thrown back in their face. Compromised much?
Ishkabibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #42
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
"Mental gymnastics"?

I look at the facts. I see a shitty coach start cheating and have success. I see a mediocre team with a back-up college QB winning multiple super bowls. this is Occam's Razor, the simplest solution is correct: The Patriots had an unfair advantage that propelled them to undeserved success.

Let's break this down a little more. I think their competitive advantage pretty much ended last year. Whatever signals they stole, playbooks they pilfered, radio frequencies they monitored wore out in 2008. You look at their team, and what do you see? Another average QB succeeding in a super QB friendly system. Look at the schedule. Every quality team but one they played, they lost to, with the exception of the Cardinals (but that was a wake up call for Arizona as well). Sure they won 11 games, but look who they beat. KC, Jets, 49ers, Broncs, Rams, Bills (Twice) Dolphins (Phins were decent last year and they split with the Pats), Seahawks, Raiders, and Cards. Most of those teams were below .500.

The teams they couldn't beat? Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Dolphins and Bills...4 of those were playoff teams. So it pretty much bears out what I'm saying...they beat the shit bottom feeders, and lost to playoff quality teams. They don't have the luxury of playing the easiest schedule in the league this year.

Sorry, Charlie, but there is no way I'm going to acknowledge dishonesty, cheating and mediocrity.

You're talking about a year where we lost our franchise player in the first game, yet we still went 11-5. That's all you can dish out: "You had an easy schedule".Dude, your team barely beat the 9-7 arizona cardinals, but that doesn't make your super bowl any lesser than any else. We all play NFL teams, so quit whining about who plays who.

The idea that a lousy coach could become a great coach by conning the entire sport with a simple camcorder is laughable. You have absolutely nothing on Seahawks fans. Their complaints are tame compared to this incessant lunacy.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #43
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
Wonder how much the namesake of the Rooney Rule had to do with ESPN's embarrassing reluctance to report on the Roethlisbeger situation? Tony Zendejas (an NFL nothing compared to Roethlisberger) was alleged to have drugged & raped a woman last September. No criminal charges filed; a civil suit only, but ESPN sure as hell reported on that.

So ABC/Disney/ESPN reports on the one guy, who no one cares about, but not on the other guy? Then they absurdly state the reason they're not reporting Roethlisberger is because "no criminal chages have been filed"....only to have the Zendajas double-standard thrown back in their face. Compromised much?
WTF does that have to do with anything? Bitter much?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #44
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post

You're talking about a year where we lost our franchise player in the first game, yet we still went 11-5. That's all you can dish out: "You had an easy schedule".Dude, your team barely beat the 9-7 arizona cardinals, but that doesn't make your super bowl any lesser than any else. We all play NFL teams, so quit whining about who plays who.

The idea that a lousy coach could become a great coach by conning the entire sport with a simple camcorder is laughable. You have absolutely nothing on Seahawks fans. Their complaints are tame compared to this incessant lunacy.
I think it started with a camcorder...but the rabbit hole went much deeper than that before it was all over (radio frequencies, stolen playbooks, etc...). There were so many allegations it made the head spin...and it was so bad that the commissioner had no choice but to bury it all because there was no way to actually deal with all the ramifications that such deep rooted cheating and corruption wrought.

Anyway, I can see you're getting angry, which is predictable, but it's just facts, ma'am. The allegations of cheating surfaced circa 2001, which correspond exactly with this formerly awful coach suddenly winning.

I'm sorry, buddy, but the Pats just ain't all that. When the tires come off the bus, as they inevitably and invariably will (most likely next season, but perhaps as soon as 2009) you'll jump ship to another winning team like most Pats fans did in the first place and this will all be a moot point...in the meantime, is it really worth getting all fired up over?

Now that i think about it, is THAT why you post here? Scouting your next favorite team out?

One more thing. Look at these overall records:

41-55 pre-taping/cheating
112-35 after taping

He went from winning 42% of his games to winning 76% of his games because of....um....playing fair?

Please.

Last edited by revefsreleets; 07-23-2009 at 03:50 PM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #45
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 1,345 Times in 617 Posts

Quote:
Uh, it's called a tuck RULE for a reason. Gotta gripe? Take in to Park Avenue in NYC.
Get over yourself little fella. You have a beef with ESPN? Fine with me. Go tell THEM about it.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #46
TheWarDen86
Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
WTF does that have to do with anything? Bitter much?
Definitely issues there 76.

....and...

IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #47
The Patriot
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I think it started with a camcorder...but the rabbit hole went much deeper than that before it was all over (radio frequencies, stolen playbooks, etc...). There were so many allegations it made the head spin...and it was so bad that the commissioner had no choice but to bury it all because there was no way to actually deal with all the ramifications that such deep rooted cheating and corruption wrought.

Anyway, I can see you're getting angry, which is predictable, but it's just facts, ma'am. The allegations of cheating surfaced circa 2001, which correspond exactly with this formerly awful coach suddenly winning.

I'm sorry, buddy, but the Pats just ain't all that. When the tires come off the bus, as they inevitably and invariably will (most likely next season, but perhaps as soon as 2009) you'll jump ship to another winning team like most Pats fans did in the first place and this will all be a moot point...in the meantime, is it really worth getting all fired up over?

Now that i think about it, is THAT why you post here? Scouting your next favorite team out?

One more thing. Look at these overall records:

41-55 pre-taping/cheating
112-35 after taping

He went from winning 42% of his games to winning 76% of his games because of....um....playing fair?

Please.
You wish you could make me angry. You'll have to do better than some weak patronization and the bandwagon insults.

Anybody can accuse anybody of anything. Accusations which never materialize are usually baseless. You just undermined your own argument.

Oh, and by the way...

Bush caused 9/11!!!
Al Gore won the election!!!!
The CIA took out JFK!!!
Roosevelt lured the Japanese to strike Pearl Harbor!!!
The government inserts memory chips in your ear!!!

Oh, and ofcourse: Obama is a communist Arab!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
The Patriot
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!!
Yes, but Warner's was clearly an incomplete pass. No doubt the NFL had the referees favor the Steelers for some diabolical reason.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #49
TheWarDen86
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Yes, but Warner's was clearly an incomplete pass. No doubt the NFL had the referees favor the Steelers for some diabolical reason.
Favoring you guys was beginning to get a little obvious. And besides, Brady was out for the year so they had to pick someone else.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #50
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

41-55 before
112-35 after

And there's only one element of difference between the two.

It's too bad you've lost the ability to point a critical eye at your own team...but that has nothing to do with me...