Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551
Default AFC North Predictions? (pre training camp)

take off the team colored glasses for this, curious what the thoughts are for this season in the AFC N.? Be as non-homered as possible for it. :).

Record wise I think it goes

12-4 5-1 Steelers (One loss to the Rats, only one, and it's sort of a fluke win)

Steelers are pretty much the class of the division and really have little competition this year, other than the Ravens who they are able to beat on a consistent basis as the Ravens always try (and unsuccessfully at that) to beat the Steelers at their own game. I don't see the Rape Case effecting Ben at all, though I could easily see him being out a week or two depending on how the o-line preforms. But even then the Steelers won't have much to worry about because they have a tremendous backup in Leftwich

10-6 4-2 Ravens (one loss to the Steelers and one loss to the Bungals)

The Rats defense is able to keep them within an earshot of the Steelers but not enough to win the division. Again, it's almost funny how much they are envious of the Steelers in the way they built their team. Flacco looks like a wannabe Big Ben and the D. is built in the same way. They clinch a wildcard and advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

7-9 3-3 Bengals (Losses to the Steelers X2, Ravens and Browns)

The Bengals seem to have built a decent looking defense, and hae a franchise QB in palmer who now at least has one decent o-linemen in Andre Smith. They lack a ground game, have a cancerous WR who wants to be traded and their manangement on up is extremely questionable. They look improved, but Mike Brown sort of holds them back as a winning franchise.

6-10 1-5 Browns (One win against the Bengals)

The Browns at least seemed to have found a coach, and have some things to build on, but are still light years away from contending with the Steelers for the division title at this point. Too many question marks at pass rusher, CB/S/FS, running back, right side of the o-line. They also have to find out whether Quinn is their franchise QB or not this season. Overall another rebuilding season for the Dawgs. Though a surprise is always possible as this team did it two season ago and the NFL is infamous for parity.

Playoffs AFC
1. Steelers
2. Pats
3. Titans
4. Chargers
5. Ravens
6. Texans

AFC CC

Patriots
Over
Steelers (Don't kill me for this.)

Playoffs NFC

1. Giants
2. Saints
3. Bears
4. Seahawks
5. Cowboys
6. Panthers

NFC CC

Cowboys
Over
Giants (again please don't hurt me.)

Super Bowl

Patriots
Over
Cowboys
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: AFC North Predictions? (pre training camp)

[/QUOTE]I don't see the Rape Case effecting Ben at all, though I could easily see him being out a week or two depending on how the o-line preforms. But even then the Steelers won't have much to worry about because they have a tremendous backup in Leftwich[QUOTE]

Since when did we resign Leftwich he is already gone this writer must have been gone for a while.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

I don't see the Rape Case effecting Ben at all, though I could easily see him being out a week or two depending on how the o-line preforms. But even then the Steelers won't have much to worry about because they have a tremendous backup in Leftwich
Quote:

Since when did we resign Leftwich he is already gone this writer must have been gone for a while.
wow..

Didn't realize the Bucs had signed him. IMO, you guys should have signed him, he did pretty good as a backup and is a great insurance policy.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I don't see the Rape Case effecting Ben at all, though I could easily see him being out a week or two depending on how the o-line preforms. But even then the Steelers won't have much to worry about because they have a tremendous backup in Leftwich
Quote:

"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post

wow..

Didn't realize the Bucs had signed him. IMO, you guys should have signed him, he did pretty good as a backup and is a great insurance policy.
He was wanting to go play for someone where he has a chance to start so he went to tampa.