Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #111
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672
Default Re: Celebrity Pittsburgh Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
David Boreanaz from Bones and Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a Steeler - as is his character in Bones.
He was a ball boy for the Steelers when he was a kid. At one point, I think he used to work out with Jack Lambert also.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #112
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Ah the girl in We are Marshall. Damn she is sexy.
From wikipedia:

Mara's family owns the New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers; she is the great-granddaughter of Giants founder Tim Mara, the granddaughter of late Giants owner Wellington Mara on her father's side, as well as the great-granddaughter of Steelers founder Art Rooney on her mother's side.[16] Mara's uncle is John Mara, the president and CEO of the Giants, and her father is the vice president of player evaluation. Mara attended almost every Giants home game while growing up. On Sundays, after attending church, her family would head directly to the games. When asked by Vanity Fair magazine who she roots for when the Giants play the Steelers she replied, "that question is not allowed. I can't answer",[16] and has since told the New York Post, "rooting for the offense is the safe way to go. You win either way."[33] Mara missed the Steelers' winning Super Bowl in 2006 because she was working in Los Angeles. Mara was so disappointed, she added to her contract that if the Giants or Steelers go to the Super Bowl, she can attend. She attended almost every game of the 2007 Giants season, leading up to the team's win in Super Bowl XLII
Old 05-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #113
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

ADAM SANDLER
Old 05-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #114
Steelerroy
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11497
Default Re: Our "Biggest" Celebrity Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
End zones sits were the best he could get?? Wow!! Throw some of that cash around to get on the fifty!!!
Steelerroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #115
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Zachary Quinto (Spock in the 2009 Star Trek) is Towel-waving Steelers fan who is a native of the 'burgh!

Curt Schilling is a well-known Steelers fan

Jeff Goldblum is.

Gwyneth Paltrow is on record as being a big, big Steelers fan having grown up watching them with her father, she herself has been a huge fan

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #116
Jackal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9460

Jesus.

Baltimorons. What a bunch of douchenozzles.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #117
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,177 Times in 419 Posts

Alyssa Milano, anybody?

Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #118
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Bumped this thread for a new article with snoop-a-loop.
After reading, "let's go streaking through the quad".

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Talking Steelers Football with Snoop Dogg

Rapper Snoop Dogg, whose given name is Calvin Broadus, grew up in California but at a young age he took a liking to a team thousands of miles away, the Pittsburgh Steelers. And his loyalties never changed.

He attended the Steelers practice prior to the home opener against the Titans and had a chance to talk to Coach Mike Tomlin, as well as hang out in the locker room with some of the players.

He even took some friendly ribbing from the team for having attended Baltimore Ravens training camp this year, but was quick to explain while he might have friends on other teams the Steelers are where his heart is.

Snoop Dogg, who has been to games at Heinz Field before, was thrilled to be on hand for the season-opener against the Titans, seeing all of the pregame excitement and watching his team win in overtime.

Snoop Dogg took time out during the visit to talk with Teresa Varley for Talking Steelers Football

Is it fun for you to get a chance to check out practice?

I grew up a Steelers fan in the 70s. To be able to come and be at their practice facility and see them go to work before a game is special for me.

How did you become a Steelers fan?
It was in the 70s watching them on television battle the Raiders. In California it was the Raiders or the Steelers and everyone was choosing the Raiders and I just couldnít go with what everyone was going with. I wanted to go with the Steelers. I loved their attitude and the way they played and went out and won. I became a fan in the 70s and have been riding with them ever since.

Who were some of your favorite players back then?
Definitely Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Rocky Bleier, Franco Harris, Donnie Shell, Mel Blount, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, L.C. Greenwood, Dwight White, just to name a few.

How close are you able to follow the Steelers now?
I watch all of the games. I have personal friendships with some of the players, we are close friends. When they see me go to another facility and hang out with other players and teams, they get offended. Itís all business. I have friends everywhere, but this is where my heart is. I am a diehard Steelers fan. I love the NFL, I love players from other teams, but this is my team that I live and die for.

You had the chance to perform at the Steelers post-game party following Super Bowl XLIII. What was that like for you?
Aw, you remember that. Cool. That was fun because I got a chance to meet Coach Mike Tomlin and a couple of other players I hadnít met. Just to perform for the Steelers, that felt good for me. We had just won a Super Bowl. That is my team and they won the Super Bowl and hopefully we will do it again.

Coach Tomlin got on stage with you at that Super Bowl party, how fun was that?
I got many pictures. I got pictures and showed them to everyone around the world the pictures of me and coach. It was just like a big celebration to see him win it. I understand what it takes to be a coach. To come your first year and work on getting it right and your second year you got it right. I think there will be a couple more Super Bowls before Tomlin is done.

What do you think of the job Coach Tomlin has done?
I think Coach Tomlin was a great transformation from Coach (Bill) Cowher. It was just the same amount of intensity with a great work ethic and a desire to want to win and keep up the Steelers prestige that goes on around here. He was the perfect fit as far as a coach to come in and fill in the shoes for Cowher.

Whatís it like for you to go to a game at Heinz Field?
I love the atmosphere at Heinz Field. The loud music the Terrible Towels everywhere. I love it.

http://steelers.com/article/110863/

Was it just pure coincidence that this was posted at 4:20...I think not.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #119
T&B fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9959

Was it just pure coincidence that this was posted at 4:20...I think not.

thats funny and yea pure coincidence
thanks for posting it
Old 09-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #120
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
Coach Tomlin got on stage with you at that Super Bowl party, how fun was that?
I got many pictures. I got pictures and showed them to everyone around the world the pictures of me and coach. It was just like a big celebration to see him win it. I understand what it takes to be a coach. To come your first year and work on getting it right and your second year you got it right. I think there will be a couple more Super Bowls before Tomlin is done.
thats hilarious......im sure snoop knows all about coaching in the nfl....from all of his years coaching peewee football of course