Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 08-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #41
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Ohio State Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post
Huh? I put him on ignore after he proved he was a dumbass.
Well, they say ignorance is bliss. Guess you should be pretty happy right now. You wouldn't be related to Tim Lumber, would you?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #42
J Dogg
Banned

Member Number: 13272

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Well, they say ignorance is bliss. Guess you should be pretty happy right now. You wouldn't be related to Tim Lumber, would you?
I went back and looked at his numbers. He didn't compile those himself. I've seen them at least half a dozens times on different football boards. I'm still not all that impressed and it still doesn't prove his original point that OSU has been the Big Ten's only bright spot the past few years.

So he's still an idiot.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #43
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post
I went back and looked at his numbers. He didn't compile those himself. I've seen them at least half a dozens times on different football boards. I'm still not all that impressed and it still doesn't prove his original point that OSU has been the Big Ten's only bright spot the past few years.

So he's still an idiot.
Of course he didn't compile them himself. Why re-invnent the wheel? To do so would be idiotic.

OSU isn't the only bright spot in the Big-10? Really?

So who else, within the Big-10 can be considered a brigth spot? Michigan? Not even close right now. Illinois? Meh. Penn State? They're more like a dim bulb than a bright spot. Methinx you should look in the mirror before calling someone an idiot.

Though, your deliberate ignorance reminds me of a saying.

Pigs don't know pigs stink.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #44
J Dogg
Banned

Quote:
Of course he didn't compile them himself. Why re-invnent the wheel? To do so would be idiotic.

OSU isn't the only bright spot in the Big-10? Really?

So who else, within the Big-10 can be considered a brigth spot? Michigan? Not even close right now. Illinois? Meh. Penn State? They're more like a dim bulb than a bright spot. Methinx you should look in the mirror before calling someone an idiot.

Though, your deliberate ignorance reminds me of a saying.

Pigs don't know pigs stink.
I'm not really sure why you picked up this torch for him.

First off, OSU isn't a bright spot. The lopsided losses they've suffered in recent memory pretty much eliminate that idea right off the bat. 41-14 against Florida alone kills any chance they had of being called a "bright spot".

On the other side of the coin, one bad loss by Penn State shouldn't take away from the fact that beat FSU in a game that was set up as a classic trap game and Tennessee in a game where they were the underdogs and picked against by every talking head in the country.

I'm not a Penn State fanatic nor am I a USC hater. But it gets annoying that 95% of conversations with USC fans are pointless because they're unaware that football exists outside of the dump that is the LA Coliseum. They forget that last year USC LOST to the same Oregon State team that Penn State demolished. They always have an excuse. From the losses to teams like Stanford to the fact that a good number of their alums in the NFL are mediocre to bust.

But whatever, you and your BFF can keep this argument going. I'm done.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #45
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

If OSU isn't a bright spot in the Big-10, then nobody is. They're the best of the bunch, hands down.

What a USC loss to Oregon State means in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Who cares who USC lost to. They didn't lose to Penn State and they didn't lose to OSU. Those are the only two games that matter to me.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #46
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is really, really easy. First off, look at the recent W-L record of OSU (Tressel era). I think only USC's is better.

They've played in 3 of the last 7 Championship games, and won one. Only haters dismiss runner-up status, as 118 other teams would be happy to get the chance to play in the NCG game. They've won the Big Ten outright 4 of the last 7 years, and a share in 5 of those 7.

That's not to say other Big Ten teams haven't had some success, but in the Tressel era, they have been THE Big Ten team pretty much year after year after year. I'm not really sure how that reasonably be disputed...
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #47
J Dogg
Banned

Quote:
If OSU isn't a bright spot in the Big-10, then nobody is. They're the best of the bunch, hands down.

What a USC loss to Oregon State means in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Who cares who USC lost to. They didn't lose to Penn State and they didn't lose to OSU. Those are the only two games that matter to me.
41-14 is the best of the bunch?

I'm not sure why I'm even having this debate. USC is the best program in college football in the last decade. Texas is a close second, but still behind USC. The Pac 10 is the best conference in college football right now. The Big 12 and the SEC get the media love, but the Pac 10 is doing it on the field.

But like I said, I'm out. USC handles OSU in the 'Shoe this year. 27-16
Old 08-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #48
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Who, in the conference is/has been better than OSU in the last decade? Seriously. I didn't say that they are the most awesomest bestest team in all of college football. Only that they are the best that the Big-10 has to offer right now.

OSU wins against USC...but only because of the QB/Coaching issues and because they are playing early in the season.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #49
J Dogg
Banned

Quote:
Who, in the conference is/has been better than OSU in the last decade? Seriously. I didn't say that they are the most awesomest bestest team in all of college football. Only that they are the best that the Big-10 has to offer right now.

OSU wins against USC...but only because of the QB/Coaching issues and because they are playing early in the season.
They have been the best, but not the ONLY bright spot. In particular, Wisconsin and Penn State put up big wins against SEC teams in either 2004 or 2005 (can't remember).

And I think USC wins because of their defense. Plus it's not like Corp is some geek off the street. The guy was one of top recruits in college football.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #50
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

So you site a game from 4-5 years ago as the reason why OSU isn't the only bright spot. What have they done lately?

Carroll is going to have to coach up his new O/D Coordinators while also working the new kid. Later in the season, you'll see a better product by USC, but I think in the early going, they're in trouble. This time around, Pryor will have an offense that's actually geared around his ball-skills (which should be similar to what Troy Smith was using his Heisman year).