Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #61
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Ohio State Football Thread

But you are still replacing 4 guys drafted (and a D-Coordinator). I suspect that USC will have a very shaky start to their season.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #62
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post
USC's backups are better than most team's starters.
That works on most teams...but not the Buckeyes. Look at Dbacks and LBers...we lose them, and they get replaced with.......upgrades!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #63
J Dogg
Banned

Member Number: 13272

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That works on most teams...but not the Buckeyes. Look at Dbacks and LBers...we lose them, and they get replaced with.......upgrades!
And Taylor Mays neutralizes Pryor.

Bottom line is the game is a toss up at this point. It should be close, so we'll see what's what.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #64
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I can't believe you guys even engage this guy. I put up the stats and he still says Penn State and Wisconsin are bright spots. The he says OSU being in BCS GAMES FOR 6 OUT OF THE PAST 7 YEARS means nothing!!! Penn State has 1 BCS win and Wisconsin 2 with the last in 99. I now know what the "J" in J Dogg stands for, joke.

To even begin to poo poo OSU is absurdity. While I think they lose to USC and the Big 10 has been in a down stretch OSU, without question by anyone with an IQ over 3 (this excludes you Joke Dogg, you're safe) has been the standard bearer for the Big 10. No one even comes close. Let's try this again. They have more BCS wins than the rest of the conference combined in the past decade.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #65
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post
They have been the best, but not the ONLY bright spot. In particular, Wisconsin and Penn State put up big wins against SEC teams in either 2004 or 2005 (can't remember).

And I think USC wins because of their defense. Plus it's not like Corp is some geek off the street. The guy was one of top recruits in college football.
Penn State's win was 2006-2007's Outback Bowl(Just a heads up)

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #66
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I can't believe you guys even engage this guy. I put up the stats and he still says Penn State and Wisconsin are bright spots. The he says OSU being in BCS GAMES FOR 6 OUT OF THE PAST 7 YEARS means nothing!!! Penn State has 1 BCS win and Wisconsin 2 with the last in 99. I now know what the "J" in J Dogg stands for, joke.

To even begin to poo poo OSU is absurdity. While I think they lose to USC and the Big 10 has been in a down stretch OSU, without question by anyone with an IQ over 3 (this excludes you Joke Dogg, you're safe) has been the standard bearer for the Big 10. No one even comes close. Let's try this again. They have more BCS wins than the rest of the conference combined in the past decade.
Penn State has been more so a barrier in the last 4 years. Just a reminder(as much as I hate to admit it.), Penn State had 4 out of 5 years to start the decade that they just fell apart. In the last 4 years they have been one of the teams holding the Big Ten up. As much as OSU Fans don't want to keep this in mind, Ohio State hasn't won a Bowl game since 2005(The Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame). Penn State has won 3 of their last 4.

OSU though has been the ones who have been doing most of the work keeping the Big Ten up at the end of the day. Penn State is moving towards joining them in those ranks at the rate they're improving. OSU though at the same time has lost more BCS Games(at least next to Michigan) this decade then any other Big Ten School.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #67
J Dogg
Banned

Quote:

Again...you can't even decide what argument you're trying to make.

Just sit down and let the adults talk now junior.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #68
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Lol, you mean like saying PSU has won non-BCS bowl games against SEC teams but yet saying that OSU losing in BCS games somehow makes PSU a bright spot?

I'm still waiting for you to tell us who is a bright spot besides OSU. I knew you wouldn't cause it would expose how limited your knowledge is. Tick tick.

Guess I'm off ignore, yay?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #69
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Penn State has been more so a barrier in the last 4 years. Just a reminder(as much as I hate to admit it.), Penn State had 4 out of 5 years to start the decade that they just fell apart. In the last 4 years they have been one of the teams holding the Big Ten up. As much as OSU Fans don't want to keep this in mind, Ohio State hasn't won a Bowl game since 2005(The Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame). Penn State has won 3 of their last 4.

OSU though has been the ones who have been doing most of the work keeping the Big Ten up at the end of the day. Penn State is moving towards joining them in those ranks at the rate they're improving. OSU though at the same time has lost more BCS Games(at least next to Michigan) this decade then any other Big Ten School.
I agree PSU is on the rise, but to say they have been a bright spot in the Big 10 in the past decade is a stretch. Winning the Outback bowl doesn't qualify as a bright spot. What are there 50 some bowl games? A bowl win isn't the deciding factor. You can't say Illinois won the MicronPC game and OSU lost the NC title game and say Illinois is a brighter spot. I hope PSU beats OSU this year again!!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #70
J Dogg
Banned

Quote:
Lol, you mean like saying PSU has won non-BCS bowl games against SEC teams but yet saying that OSU losing in BCS games somehow makes PSU a bright spot?

I'm still waiting for you to tell us who is a bright spot besides OSU. I knew you wouldn't cause it would expose how limited your knowledge is. Tick tick.

Guess I'm off ignore, yay?