Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #21
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Actually yes, but I wasn't sure if legislation has already passed mandating it or if it was just something we did out of the 'goodness' of our heart. I guess my main point was Specter gave the impression he did not support the idea of U S Taxpayers paying for health care for illegals.

Now I have a question for you. Do you realize that illegals will be counted in the census possibly giving California as many as 9 new representatives? Wonder which state is going to lose a representative or two. Both American born AND legal, naturalized American citizens could possibly be losing their voice to illegals. If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
I'm guessing you're thinking of PA, but Louisiana is almost guaranteed to lose a seat.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #22
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach
 
7SteelGal43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis TN ~ birthplace of Rock and Roll
Posts: 1,192
Gender: Female
Member Number: 12283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I'm guessing you're thinking of PA, but Louisiana is almost guaranteed to lose a seat.
ANY state losing ANY reps to illegals is completey unacceptable. Period.
__________________

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,085
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 857
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
ANY state losing ANY reps to illegals is completey unacceptable. Period.
any state WITH illegals that aren't do anything about it is unacceptable. the fact that the the vast majority of the population wants something done about it, and the fact that washington is doing NOTHING about it already shows we have no voice...so whats the diff ???
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach
 
7SteelGal43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Memphis TN ~ birthplace of Rock and Roll
Posts: 1,192
Gender: Female
Member Number: 12283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
any state WITH illegals that aren't do anything about it is unacceptable. the fact that the the vast majority of the population wants something done about it, and the fact that washington is doing NOTHING about it already shows we have no voice...so whats the diff ???
Hey, you're preachin to the choir here, MOP. The diff to me is, much like we're taking action, REAL action, regarding this health care, we ought to be like "...and another thing..." and let 'em know we're none to happy about the steady stream of illegals that trickle through and have a negative affect on our economy and reshape the electoral college. And both sides of the aisle are like "what can we do?". This madness has to stop. "Profling" be damned. Check their papers. if they aren't legal, back they go. We've had illegals in custody for dui or robbery or assault or...whatever.....and then DO NOT deport them ? WTF ? If I didn't know better, I'd swear that members of congress on both sides of the aisle really didn't WANT to get rid of the illegals. (yes, that last line was dripping with sarcasm)

CLEAN HOUSE.....AND THE SENATE TOO !!!!
2010 AND 2012 ARE VERY NEAR MY FRIEND
__________________

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #25
JEFF4i
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 776
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10645
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post
At the expense of people who have insurance.

Hey now I'm not entirely on the opposite side of the road here. I hate paying what I pay for insurance every month, lol, especially when we were in the hospital an unnamed nurse (specifically unnamed) explained that the majority of new moms that day were "undocumented immigrants."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Actually yes, but I wasn't sure if legislation has already passed mandating it or if it was just something we did out of the 'goodness' of our heart. I guess my main point was Specter gave the impression he did not support the idea of U S Taxpayers paying for health care for illegals.

Now I have a question for you. Do you realize that illegals will be counted in the census possibly giving California as many as 9 new representatives? Wonder which state is going to lose a representative or two. Both American born AND legal, naturalized American citizens could possibly be losing their voice to illegals. If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Well no I hadn't read anything about the Census counting illegals as well. I know it's become cliche for me to say, but do you have a source? Not being argumentative here, I actually would like to read this and see more, as it's pretty crappy.

And yes, it bothers me.

As far as healthcare goes, I'm just not sure what a good solution is, to be honest. I think it's all a mess. We barely afford ours, and the coverage leaves some to be desired at the moment.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,058
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,773 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
Hey now I'm not entirely on the opposite side of the road here. I hate paying what I pay for insurance every month, lol, especially when we were in the hospital an unnamed nurse (specifically unnamed) explained that the majority of new moms that day were "undocumented immigrants."



Well no I hadn't read anything about the Census counting illegals as well.
I know it's become cliche for me to say, but do you have a source? Not being argumentative here, I actually would like to read this and see more, as it's pretty crappy.

And yes, it bothers me.

As far as healthcare goes, I'm just not sure what a good solution is, to be honest. I think it's all a mess. We barely afford ours, and the coverage leaves some to be desired at the moment.

I heard something about it on the radio today. I think something about that the census bureau was going to count illegals and it would give cali something like 9 new representatives.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #27
JEFF4i
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 776
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10645
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
I heard something about it on the radio today. I think something about that the census bureau was going to count illegals and it would give cali something like 9 new representatives.
Hmmm. Good for New MExico

Bad for me
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,085
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 857
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Hey, you're preachin to the choir here, MOP. The diff to me is, much like we're taking action, REAL action, regarding this health care, we ought to be like "...and another thing..." and let 'em know we're none to happy about the steady stream of illegals that trickle through and have a negative affect on our economy and reshape the electoral college. And both sides of the aisle are like "what can we do?". This madness has to stop. "Profling" be damned. Check their papers. if they aren't legal, back they go. We've had illegals in custody for dui or robbery or assault or...whatever.....and then DO NOT deport them ? WTF ? If I didn't know better, I'd swear that members of congress on both sides of the aisle really didn't WANT to get rid of the illegals. (yes, that last line was dripping with sarcasm)

CLEAN HOUSE.....AND THE SENATE TOO !!!!
2010 AND 2012 ARE VERY NEAR MY FRIEND
thats just it...they DON'T wanna get rid of them !!! giving them a ride to the border doesn't do a damn bit of good considering they just turn around and climb right back under the fence. the FIRST thing they need to do is plug up the holes that they get through before wasting time by deporting.they don't need a fence, they need a 3 foot thick 20 ft high concrete wall with NATIONAL GUARD walking on it like they do at prisons, with surviellence cameras and motion sencors... and the check point personel needs to be rotated freaquently to make it more difficult for them to find the corrupt ones that take bribes.
then they need to start focusing on the people who hire them and revamp the system as far as identification when seeking employment...they don't have to look for them to deport them. cut off thier source of income and they'll leave on thier own.
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #29
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,058
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,580
Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,773 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

A simple fix. Give the border agents the shoot to kill order. That should slow them down and the drug trafficking.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #30
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to Arlen Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Hey, you're preachin to the choir here, MOP. The diff to me is, much like we're taking action, REAL action, regarding this health care, we ought to be like "...and another thing..." and let 'em know we're none to happy about the steady stream of illegals that trickle through and have a negative affect on our economy and reshape the electoral college. And both sides of the aisle are like "what can we do?". This madness has to stop. "Profling" be damned. Check their papers. if they aren't legal, back they go. We've had illegals in custody for dui or robbery or assault or...whatever.....and then DO NOT deport them ? WTF ? If I didn't know better, I'd swear that members of congress on both sides of the aisle really didn't WANT to get rid of the illegals. (yes, that last line was dripping with sarcasm)

CLEAN HOUSE.....AND THE SENATE TOO !!!!
2010 AND 2012 ARE VERY NEAR MY FRIEND
Just a question but why is the Constitution the first thing to go? It should be the last thing to be touched.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts