Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-09-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default A successful mini camp concludes..

The Steelers wrapped-up their three-day mini-camp on Sunday and for the rookies it was an opportunity to get a feel for the offensive and defensive philosophies that the team employs.

It was only the first time the rookies were introduced to the information and while there might have been a lot coming at them, they will have plenty of time to work on it as they return on May 16 for coaching sessions.

?We threw a lot at them. I?m sure that their heads are swimming particularly the young guys, but I think that this is a good base,? said head coach Bill Cowher. ?They will come back here in a week and a lot of it will be repetitive and hopefully they will become a little more comfortable by the time that we get to camp

here's the rest
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: A successful mini camp concludes..

I do like the teaching approach we have used lately. I like to use it in the kitchen as well. When I have a new cook and they are being trained by a capable line cook(2 on 1 station) I'll usually throw a bunch of crap at them just to see mentally what they are like. Now if we are in a bind, and that new person has to work by themselves and I know I can't have them getting into the weeds, I'll be more easy going on them and help them out more. To me it shows that we have plenty of depth on our team and we just want to see who's head is already into the game. As a side note isn't it great how we always get these guys who have some kinda link to Pittsburgh(played here, born here, favorite team growing up). Makes them put forth a little more effort cause they might not get a chance to play here if it doesn't work out. Neat point that sets us apart from other franchises.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

McFadden Quote

A defensive player who stood out at minicamp was second-round pick Bryant McFadden of Florida State. He brought a physical presence, despite the fact that these were non-contact drills (he had to be told repeatedly to ease up), and demonstrated his ability to closely cover the Steelers' top wideouts from the left cornerback spot. He could push for playing time on the left side. Veteran Willie Williams is currently atop the depth chart there, with second-year man Ricardo Colclough backing up. On the right side, Ike Taylor filled in for starter Deshea Townsend, who is recovering from sports hernia surgery. Cowher
Old 05-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I keep hearing that Mcfadden looked good, thats definitley a positive
Old 05-10-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Willie is still most likely gonna get the nod at the starting spot opposite deshea.. but it would suprise any of us Im sure to see coclough or McFadden take over mid way thru the season.. especially if they make an impact in the nickle and dime situations to start out the season.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`m still hoping McFadden will challenge for the starting job early, I`m afraid that nickel and dime will be Ike and Coc. Its a long shot, I know, but hey?????
Old 05-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Yeah, its gonna be a crazy battle in camp for that other starting spot and for the nickle back !! I hope he can challenge too.. but remember, playing well in mini camp and even training camp is one thing.. but its a whole nother world come sunday afternoon. Here's hoping he steps up big time to the plate!