Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Browns lose WR for the year - Mangenius to blame?

How can you NOT feel sorry for these lovable losers? Every year their camp is ravaged by injuries, then the inevitable staph infections set in, and by October another seasons hopes and dreams are shattered.

The fans are so frazzled and insane that they have no idea who can and cannot play the game of football, and deny they'd even WANT talented players on their team if they were available!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
How can you NOT feel sorry for these lovable losers? Every year their camp is ravaged by injuries, then the inevitable staph infections set in, and by October another seasons hopes and dreams are shattered.

The fans are so frazzled and insane that they have no idea who can and cannot play the game of football, and deny they'd even WANT talented players on their team if they were available!
Simple, I hate the Browns and their fans!

Living in Cleveland can be fun and frustrating.

When Stallworth hit that guy with his Bentley, I didn't say a thing to any Browns fan that I saw. I did this to avoid the argument that would ensue (the guy shouldn't have been jaywalking). Even after it turned out Stallworth was drunk, I kept my mouth shut (unless a Browns fan brought it up). The only thing I said without being prompted was that Stallworth got off way to easy and if it was either of us, we would be spending at least five years in jail, and everyone agreed with me.

However, Ben catches a civil suit and everywhere I turn, I hear "Rapistberger".

Browns fans talk so much garbage, they talk like it's the Steelers that have lost 11 straight to them. They have a blind hatred of anything Black and Gold. Not to mention, Browns fans and common sense don't exactly go hand in hand.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I treat them like a retarded little brother...it helps...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Steptoe wouldnt have helped anyways lol
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Simple, I hate the Browns and their fans!

Living in Cleveland can be fun and frustrating.

When Stallworth hit that guy with his Bentley, I didn't say a thing to any Browns fan that I saw. I did this to avoid the argument that would ensue (the guy shouldn't have been jaywalking). Even after it turned out Stallworth was drunk, I kept my mouth shut (unless a Browns fan brought it up). The only thing I said without being prompted was that Stallworth got off way to easy and if it was either of us, we would be spending at least five years in jail, and everyone agreed with me.

However, Ben catches a civil suit and everywhere I turn, I hear "Rapistberger".

Browns fans talk so much garbage, they talk like it's the Steelers that have lost 11 straight to them. They have a blind hatred of anything Black and Gold. Not to mention, Browns fans and common sense don't exactly go hand in hand.
Oh the Irony.

I mean this in the nicest way to anyone here on the board, especially you 'Burgh. But I've gotten the same exact treatment from (Bandwagon) Steeler fans I've ran into in Akron/Canton ever since 2004, when a lot of them sprang up over night.

The first thing someone said to me when I entered a convience store the day after the Stallworth incident happen, Steeler fan came up to me the secound he saw my Browns gear on, he started giving me crap about Stalworth and how the Steelers never had any players that did that, and then kept reminding me about the 6 Super Bowl argument pounded in my brain.

I don't think it has anything to do with just being angry at the REAL Steeler fans, hell we share a lot in common with you guys (Whether you like to admit it or not :)), We love chatting up football whenever we get an excuse to. It has a lot to do with the aforementioned fair weather fans popping up seemingly overnight and then instantly talking smack despite the fact they don't know the difference between Heinz Field and Hines Ward, let alone have any knowledge of football. That gets annoying, and I'm sure any real Steeler fan would agree with me, and if there was a bandwagon Browns fan in existence I'd say the same thing.

We do hate the Steelers, but that's something sort of ingrained in our brains. Much like how we're supposed to hate Michigan, the Red Sox, Yankees and now the Celtics/Lakers/Pistons. I'm sure if you were a fan of one of those teams too and lived in the area you'd probably get the exact same amount of smack, maybe even more if you're a Michigan fan lol.

But overall I'm cool with you so long as you're cool with me.

and as for Rev's comments...PUH-LEASE. You know as much as I do how people in Ohio love the sport of pigskin, especially in the Akron/Canton/Cleveland area, despite the short comings of the expansion team that is the Cleveland Browns, doesn't mean that we don't know much about football! Look at the amount of people that have played HS football and what it means to the area. Look at the amount of people glued to the TV screen every Saturday in autumn to watch the great Ohio State Buckeyes play! Hell, the HOF's just down the road from Cleveland! We know great football, we're just not the luckiest people in the world! Big, Big Difference.

Oh and Go Cavs, Bucks and Tribe (F-Dolan though) to both of you.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #26
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Stallworth will be cut after he gets reinstated.

And yeah, I don't see Braylon Edwards back in Cleveland unless he becomes a RFA (if there is no new CBA he won't be able to become a UFA until after his 6th year in the league) because then the Browns can match any offer he gets and another team would have to give up draft picks if they lured him away.
Braylon is gone.

Can pretty much predict that from a mile away, the fact that Mangini took Massaqui speaks volumes.

I'm really liking how he has looked in camp. You guys tend to forget that the Browns took Robiskie and MoMass in the 2nd round and then proceeded to add Mike Furrey, David Patten and still have Josh Cribbs blazing it up (that's for Rev.) in the depth charts. and Steptoe was behind every single person I just listed. Hell, I think Lance Legget, Norwood and Paul Hubbard were on the depth chart over Syndric Steptoe.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #27
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Braylon is gone.

Can pretty much predict that from a mile away, the fact that Mangini took Massaqui speaks volumes.

I'm really liking how he has looked in camp. You guys tend to forget that the Browns took Robiskie and MoMass in the 2nd round and then proceeded to add Mike Furrey, David Patten and still have Josh Cribbs blazing it up (that's for Rev.) in the depth charts. and Steptoe was behind every single person I just listed. Hell, I think Lance Legget, Norwood and Paul Hubbard were on the depth chart over Syndric Steptoe.
honestly, how well do you think the Browns are going to do this year? be honest.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Braylon is gone.

i thought cribbs was sitting out if he didn't get a new deal ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 08-15-2009 at 05:07 AM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #29
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Braylon is gone.

Yeah, I expect Edwards to be gone. Maybe he can go play for Detroit, it's in Michigan and it is his hometown.

I know how good Robiske is, I am a Buckeye fan. I didn't see much of MM's play because I don't get to watch a lot of Georgia football, but my cousins down in Atlanta (die-hard Steelers and UGA fans) say he's going to be really good and the Browns got one helluva player in him.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #30
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I'm not really questioning the Browns fans knowledge as much as I question their decision-making. It's possible to have football knowledge and not use it or misapply it...I seriously just think you guys have been hit in the head with losing too many times and it's made your judgment...um...questionable.