Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #11
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Browns game thread

The good news for the Pixie lovers is that the Browns second and third stringers are about dead even with the packs second and third stringers

I watched the first half...I saw no evidence that the Browns will be any better than last year, nor did I see a single shred of proof that Mangini's "Discipline first" policy made any difference at all. The Browns are still a horribly sloppy and undiscipined team, and as RWWPG stated above, while they have some nice new looks, they simply lack the skilled personnel to execute.

Did I mention that Derek Anderson sucks? He's just awful, and either he's got some photo evidence of someone in the front office molesting boys or he made a deal with the devil, because he has NO business under center in the NFL.

5-11 and 0-2 to the Steelers this year.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
A whole game thread with only 8 replies.
What?

Theres 27 pages going of hilarity going on - the real game thread is the link I provided.

I love how their fans get all excited before the game starts - then depression sets in.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

I love how their fans get all excited before the game starts - then depression sets in.
A microcosm for their season. In week one, the Sports Bars will be littered with Browns fans and a few of them, like whipped dogs too stupid to learn their lesson, will actually utter a few scant words of smack talk towards us Steelers fans (those are always the fans that stop showing up in week 3 as opposed to the "true Browns fans" who start staying home at the end of October after mathematical elimination has taken place).

By November there are usually only one or two scattered Browns fans left, usually horrifically drunk, and they are only there to cheer for whatever team the Steelers are playing. If you ask them about the Browns they'll mutter something under their breath about the Browns sucking and (this year at least) make some lame "Rapistberger" joke...
Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #14
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

The Browns can't even get a #1 draft pick for either of their QBs anymore. They should have traded one of them when they had value and offers. Now at best they can get a second round. The season is over already, time to rebuild, again. They suck.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #15
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

The season hasn't started, but there will be some very tired Browns players from all the laps they'll have to run. The drop in the EZ by BE was a real dagger (for me). The very next play, BQ tried forcing the throws to BE and it resulted in the INT. I did like how they were able to move the ball (while BQ was under center) and Ratliff intrigues me some. He's still raw (and that was apparent) but I see no reason why he won't be at least #2 on the depth chart. (Sorry Revs, I'm still not sold on BQ...we'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not he'll be a decent pro QB.) DA is done...that much was evident. Lewis didn't look too bad out there, better than I had expected. Was hoping to see more of our young 6th round RB. Unfortunately, it was time to put the kids down for bed and I missed portions of the game where he was in (if he was in.)

Someone earlier had asked if Robiskie had caught a pass. His first catch came on a screen pass that they did a pretty decent job or running with. He made a few nice moves to set up his blockers and get some extra yardage. Looking forward to seeing him play for the Brown and Orange. Furrey surprised me with his play. He's better than I had anticipated and should probably be our #2. BE needs to go though. The first TD we gave up, I was so mad because we rushed three and dropped 8...and then the Safeties bit when the QB started scrambling. Morons.

Figured I'd show up here today since I will be in Wisconsin for the next 2+ weeks for the military. Didn't want you guys to think I was one of those brash Browns fans who disappears when the going get's ugly.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I thought Quinn looked OK - I'd say he got the job.

Mankok has a lot of asplaining to do after that effort - I watched the first half.

What I noticed is how S L O W that defense looked - of course I'm probably just used to watching the Steelers D.

And those uni's

C'mon - BROWN pants?

ha ha!

And tuck them jerseys in! - they looked like slobs out there compared to the Pack,
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
A microcosm for their season. In week one, the Sports Bars will be littered with Browns fans and a few of them, like whipped dogs too stupid to learn their lesson, will actually utter a few scant words of smack talk towards us Steelers fans (those are always the fans that stop showing up in week 3 as opposed to the "true Browns fans" who start staying home at the end of October after mathematical elimination has taken place).

By November there are usually only one or two scattered Browns fans left, usually horrifically drunk, and they are only there to cheer for whatever team the Steelers are playing. If you ask them about the Browns they'll mutter something under their breath about the Browns sucking and (this year at least) make some lame "Rapistberger" joke...
I and a lot of other people were at the Texans game this past year Rev.

Stuck through the whole damn thing, watched it in the cold, in the upper section of the Dawg Pound, watched us not even score an offensive TD.

Couple of folks went to the battle of the intept game with Cincy and the Browns that I know on the board. Not just folks from Cleveland, but, folks from Miami and even the UK. To watch a losing football team, one that was sitting duck.

I still wear a Browns sock hat in the winter and gloves and stuff. Even my shirts. Doesn't matter, they're my team, for better or for worse.

Don't you dare EVER paint me or anyone else with that brush. We've stuck with this team for eons. Hell, I've never ever seen the Browns win a Division title in my lifetime. Try and find an NFL fan that can ever claim that.

Want to find a bandwagon fan rev.? Go look around Stark Co. after the Steelers are in the playoffs. So many weaklings can't take not rooting for a winner that they've switched allegiances and have NO f-ing clue about anything to do with football. Truly sickening.

Not our damn fault our team got moved to Baltimore and now it's successful, not our damn fault our owner hires horrible GM's and Coaches, not our fault we have a receiver can't catch a damn ball.

We're just fans, we root for our team, and wear their jersey's, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

the Packers looked pretty good from what I saw of the game.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
How do you keep a Cleveland Brown from masturbating?

Paint his dick black and gold, he will never beat it again!

-------------------------------

Did you hear about what happened at Browns practice on Thursday? Eric Mangini had to stop practice and call the local authorities due to a strange white substance on the field.

After two hours, the FBI told Mangini it was okay to practice. The mysterious white substance was the goal line and the FBI concluded that the Browns most likely won't come in contact with it again.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
I'm stoked! I hope they don't let us down this year!....Posted: Yesterday 8:05 PM
Quote:
Same ole Browns!! IM DONE....Posted: Yesterday 8:08 PM

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote