Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #51
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Plex to Jail for 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Yeah, now THAT'S the stupid part.

You know, what they offered actually seems about right for the severity of what happened. I wonder if the DA routinely offers plea deals like that when 3 1/2 years obviously doesn't fit the situation. Kind of a way to circumvent the mandatory minimum sentence and give those people what they actually deserve. In that context, Burress would have no one to blame but himself.
Plax has nobody but himself for the entire mess.

He should have registered the gun in at least New York if not also New Jersey. He should have obtained a license to carry a concealed gun.

He should have worn a pair of pants that night that were better for carrying a gun in the waistband. What I have read said he was wear sweat pants. What dumbass carries a gun in the waitband of sweat pants? Also, when getting the gun out of his pants, he shouldn't have ever grabbed it in a way that would cause it to go off.

Finally, he should have taken the three month jail term deal. I do believe that while two years is excessive, if he would have taken the legal route to carrying the gun a lot of this situation could have been avoided.

I am not anti-gun. I am pro-gun, as long as the people take the legal routes to gun ownership and carrying. That means registering the gun(s), getting a license to carry concealed if you're going to do so, and knowing the gun laws in your area. I am all for responsible gun ownership. Plaxico Burress was not a responsible gun owner in the state of New York.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #52
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

so if the bullet misses him and hits and kills someone else, you guys would want to see him hang for it. everybody thinks stallworth got off way to easy, and i agree. but none the less , there's no way to say he wouldn't have hit and killed that guy even if he had not been drinking, BUT he was, and with total disreguard of the laws in place. burress also knowing disreguarded standing laws, and by doing so put other peoples lives in jeopardy. sure he wasn't out to murder anyone, but he sure as hell wasn't planning on shooting himself either but it happend !!! i think he deserves every freakin day of that sentence.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #53
T&B fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9959

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so if the bullet misses him and hits and kills someone else, you guys would want to see him hang for it. everybody thinks stallworth got off way to easy, and i agree. but none the less , there's no way to say he wouldn't have hit and killed that guy even if he had not been drinking, BUT he was, and with total disreguard of the laws in place. burress also knowing disreguarded standing laws, and by doing so put other peoples lives in jeopardy. sure he wasn't out to murder anyone, but he sure as hell wasn't planning on shooting himself either but it happend !!! i think he deserves every freakin day of that sentence.
and more .....

everyone is saying stallworth got off easy so sould plax , when everyone should be saying how come stallworth got off so easy , when he should have gotten more time .
Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #54
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
and more .....

everyone is saying stallworth got off easy so sould plax , when everyone should be saying how come stallworth got off so easy , when he should have gotten more time .
well like i said before ..i think the guy stallworth mowed down played a bit of part in the accident. its not like stallworth drove up onto a sidewalk or ran a redlight and hit him in a crosswalk. had he not had alchohol in his system, he wouldn't have been held responcible for the accident at all. yeah they can say the alchohol impaired his reaction time but there's no way to prove if it was a determining factor. i like how they throw out the breathalizer numbers for shock value...like "twice the legal limit" ... considering just 1 beer can put most people over the legal limit depending on your size , then 2 beers could put you 2x over the legal limit...yet they make it sound like you were trashed.
burress's gun going off in a public place was 100 % his own fault . you can't argue the fact that had he not been illegally carrying it around it WOULDN'T have put peoples lives in jeopardy.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 08-21-2009 at 09:10 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #55
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

He should get another 5 years for being a DUMB ASS.

Different states, different laws, different sentencing guidelines.

I, too, believe Stallworth should be incarcerated for longer than 23 days, but has been noted before, the deceased victim bore at least part of the blame for what happened. In Plax's case - he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and his crime involved not only a gun, but a sheer lack of brain cells.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote