Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #81
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Willie Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
but its not like arizonas line hasnt sucked balls since grimms arrival. 2 years in and they were the 2nd worst rushing team in the league.

that, alone makes me so thankful we took a flier on tomlin and didnt go with russ as a replacement for cowher.

grimm was successful in pgh. grizzled vets like faneca, smith, hartings, and simmons woulda run through a brick wall for their buddy. he was one of them. but sometimes you can only catch lightning in a bttle once in a career.

its no suprise all of them guys are gone, and no suprise that the new guys grimm coaches are responding about as well to him as our guys are to larry z.

the fact that players like essex, starks, colon, okolbi, ross, and vincent werent further along in their development is proof enough that grimm isnt qualified to be a HC in this league.

he definitely did his job while he was a steeler and brought out the best of our potential HOF LG and others who i feel went above and beyond the call of duty because they related so well with him.

im not sure that translates with the cardinals current line or if the steelers players feel that type of bond with larry z.

chemistry is NOT overrated.
Yeah, those are good points. Maybe Grimm wasn't quite the genius he was made out to be either. I really don't know.

On the other hand, I think it's pretty hard to judge his performance based on Arizona's rushing offense. They're basically a 4-12 team that benefits from 2-6 bonus wins per season depending on how bad the NFC West is. They suck at drafting, they suck at developing players, they suck at finding talent, and the only reason they've been keeping their heads above water the past couple years is because they lucked into a Randy-Moss-in-his-prime type of talent thanks to yet another Al Davis screwup.

And on top of that, for as long as I can remember, their running backs have been either shitty no-names or way-past-their-prime superstars.

So not that I'm saying this makes Grimm any better, but it's just tough to evaluate anything accurately in that kind of mess.