Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #61
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: GUN CONFISCATION IS BEGINNING-- SENATE BILL SB-2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

I also take umbrage with this, preach...sure, I may be tad bombastic when I get a little fired up, but that's largely based on my frustration at people who argue angrily from a position of either ignorance or simplicity. I think the biggest "sin" on this board is we have a bunch of checkers players (not all, but a lot) trying to play chess, and I WILL "impeach the witness" when I see something like that happening...
Just what HAVE you two agreed on?

Well, OTHER than LITP?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #62
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
sure, I may be tad bombastic when I get a little fired up,
A tad? Nah . . . say it aint so!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #63
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,189 Times in 3,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Interesting. If you don't think the thread is worth posting in... then why post? Many threads I just look over as well. because pointing out obvious - PANIC!!!!is just so much fun!

As far as you "honest discussion" well, that isn't what the thread was about, which makes me wonder if you even really read through the first post or just react after reading a couple words.
of course i read the original article (which even the OP suggested he felt might be a "scare tactic"). i still dont see gun confiscation beginning. basically what i see is a bill being proposed (that will never pass) that says gun owners will be criminals if they chose to break the law.

Quote:
Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.
you rob a bank with a gun, you are a criminal. in most cases if you murder a person with a gun, you are a criminal. those above the age of 16 have the right to drive a car, and those over the age of 21 have the right to drink a case of brew, but if you chose to do both at the same time....

well, youre a criminal.

dont like the laws???, well then dont vote for them or the representatives who support it, but to say gun confiscation is beginning is pure panic. i call em how i see em.

Quote:
This is about as valid as a pile of pig vomit. I'm sorry I've caught you being full of shit a bunch of times and have had the temerity to (gasp!) actually call you on it, but PLEASE for the love of Christ stop retaliating with personal attacks, especially groundless ones...

I also take umbrage with this, preach...sure, I may be tad bombastic when I get a little fired up, but that's largely based on my frustration at people who argue angrily from a position of either ignorance or simplicity. I think the biggest "sin" on this board is we have a bunch of checkers players (not all, but a lot) trying to play chess, and I WILL "impeach the witness" when I see something like that happening...
speaking of "arguing angrily"....

whos playing games, revs? you take this stuff WAY to seriously to be playing anything, and i seem to be the only one having fun.

but i gotta admit, its kinda cute to see you all livid, and red in the face, storming out of the dugout like billy martin or lou pinella, tossing bases, and trying to kick dirt on my shoe.

despite the tirades, remember, while you think youre the manager who sends people to the bench, i am like the umpire. while i cant throw you out of the game (and never would, or want to) i can definitely throw you off of it.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #64
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm not thrown off my game at all...still very much on point. Just saw a "teaching moment" and took it. Calling a steaming pile of pig vomit a steaming pile of pig vomit is definitely apropos in this case. I'm perfectly willing to stand here and be accused of anything as long as it has a shred of legitimacy to it...your reference to me above did not.

Preach, I think Tony and I have agreed on a thing or two, and agree on a LOT of things on the football side. I'm just tired of the partisan party lock-step being exhibited on this board (and not just by him, and NOT just by Democrats). I feel like climbing to the top of a large hill with a bullhorn and screaming into it "Think for yourself!!!!!".

It gets a little frustrating...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #65
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

How about make it simple; if you want to own guns buy them if you dont want to own guns leave the folks that do alone.

Just a thought

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #66
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
How about make it simple; if you want to own guns buy them if you dont want to own guns leave the folks that do alone.

Just a thought

AMEN!

(But - I do support legislation with stricter background checks on those who want to purchase firearms)

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote