Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Re: Planning a Trip to Pittsburgh - Need locals' input!

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still researching, so all of your help is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
coachcam
Water Boy

Member Number: 4200

I am in the same boat as klick81. My best friend and I are coming down from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. This is all good advice. I can use all the help I can get as I have NEVER been to pittsburgh. I am dying to go to this opener VS the titans. We are flying in on the tuesday and thinking of staying in downtown pittsburgh not far from the staduium. We are going to see the pirates, tour heinz feild, take in the game and tour Pitt university. We are leaving saturday. Please I need as much info as we can get on sites, sounds and ESPECIALLY Tailgaiting before the game. Thanks in advance. Hey Klick81 maybe if we meet up I will buy you a beer.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #13
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcam View Post
I am in the same boat as klick81. My best friend and I are coming down from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. This is all good advice. I can use all the help I can get as I have NEVER been to pittsburgh. I am dying to go to this opener VS the titans. We are flying in on the tuesday and thinking of staying in downtown pittsburgh not far from the staduium. We are going to see the pirates, tour heinz feild, take in the game and tour Pitt university. We are leaving saturday. Please I need as much info as we can get on sites, sounds and ESPECIALLY Tailgaiting before the game. Thanks in advance. Hey Klick81 maybe if we meet up I will buy you a beer.
That would be awesome. We should defenitely be in touch before the big game comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
Mikes38
Water Boy

Member Number: 12372

My wife and I are doing our first trip to Pittsburgh to watch the Steeler/Viking game. Been a fan since 1972 and I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store. I booked our hotel thru Hotwire, scary cuz you don't know the name of the hotel until you pay. I'm happy with the results got the Renaissance for $85 a night.
Mikes38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

Hey guys , Im planning on going to the Vikes vs Steelers game in late Oct. Whats the easiest or fastest way to get to the stadium from the airport ?? Im comming in from NYC in early Sunday morning and leaving back to NYC right after the game. Thanx . GOOO STEELERS !!!!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
Jackal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9460

Klick-

Try Hotwire, as well. I landed the Omni William Penn for $65/night on New Year's Eve a few years back. If you book long enough in advance, you can get some deals.

I'd recommend avoiding New Stanton. It's pretty much a tiny little highway town in the middle of nowhere in Westmoreland County...about 45 minutes from downtown. Coming from LA, you'll probably be bored to tears and you really won't be close enough to enjoy the city.

If you're not picky about accomodations, there's a Days Inn on Banksville Rd. that's only about 10 minutes from downtown and should be fairly reasonable. Not the most aesthetically pleasing area, but totally safe.

Baltimorons. What a bunch of douchenozzles.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #17
Jackal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Hey guys , Im planning on going to the Vikes vs Steelers game in late Oct. Whats the easiest or fastest way to get to the stadium from the airport ?? Im comming in from NYC in early Sunday morning and leaving back to NYC right after the game. Thanx . GOOO STEELERS !!!!
That's easy...the Parkway West. When you leave the airport, take 60/376 East and follow the signs for downtown. You'll then merge onto 279/376 East and that'll take you directly through the Ft. Pitt Tunnels. When you come out of the tunnels, you'll see Heinz Field across the river. Keep left onto the Ft. Duquesne bridge and follow the exit to the stadium.

Baltimorons. What a bunch of douchenozzles.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote