Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #31
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

I don't think the NFL is going to be able to control tailgating they way they think.

I mean sure, they can control it on lots that are on stadium property. But I highly doubt they can enforce these rules on lots that are private/city property.

Example:

In Cleveland, the only parking lot on the property of Cleveland Browns Stadium is the players parking lot. All the rest of the parking lots in downtown Cleveland are privately owned or owned by the city.

And most of the tailgating in Cleveland takes place in the Municipal (aka Muni) parking lot which is where the city workers park during the work week.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #32
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
So your facts are comparing the exception, the Steelers, who have a 15yr+ waiting list for season tickets, to above average fan base? You went from they don't know anything about tailgating to comparing them to the Steelers as the basis of your argument. Non sequitur?

Had you done more than a google search to see why those thousands of seats are unsold all the time, you would have found that qualcomm wasn't built for solely football and those several thousand seats that sell for $80 are obstructed view seats. Not a pole in the way obstructed, but you can't see half the field obstructed. Try comparing them to the other NFL teams instead of the exception. Bengals, Browns, Titans. I hear you can get a PSL in Paul Brown for $5. That's really in the blood huh?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You have your mind made up on a great number of things about which you are unwilling to see a different perspective no matter how many facts anyone brings to the table. However, I find it comical how defensive you get and all the more ironic how you are quick to point out when I make a generalization (which I freely admit to when called out by you) and then you go on making rash generalizations.

I thought you were in the ad biz? You do understand sentence construction right?
Bolded for emphasis.

I fail to see how you can take that as personally as you did. Maybe an apology is in order for the ass comment? I doubt it, after all that would require a sincere admission that you were wrong. Keep fighting the good fight Rev!
Lot's of semantics, very little real content.

Tell yourself whatever you want, I don't really care one way or the other....
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #33
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Lot's of semantics, very little real content.

Tell yourself whatever you want, I don't really care one way or the other....
Never did I expect you'd apologize for calling me an ass. Typical, at least you are consistently spiteful.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #34
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Never did I expect you'd apologize for calling me an ass. Typical, at least you are consistently spiteful.
Sorry I called you an ass...feel better? Need a hug?

Bottom line: West Coast fans are lackadaisical and generally disinterested in football compared to their Midwestern counterparts. You can fight the Pyrrhic "good fight" all you like but it's pretty much an established fact.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #35
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Bottom line: West Coast fans are lackadaisical and generally disinterested in football compared to their Midwestern counterparts. You can fight the Pyrrhic "good fight" all you like but it's pretty much an established fact.
That's not correct at all. Just because you don't have huge tailgate parties and/or jump around screaming with a painted face in the background of the ESPN on-campus gameday show, doesn't mean you're not interested in football.

Sure, Midwestern people have all kinds of elaborate rituals around game day. That doesn't make them any better fans, just more into doing that kind of shit.
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #36
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Nah, just interesting to see what type of guy you portend to be. You clearly mistook what I said, for which you called me an ass and aren't big enough of a man to sack up and say, gee you know what I misread that, my bad. At least you play a big man on the internet.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
That's not correct at all. Just because you don't have huge tailgate parties and/or jump around screaming with a painted face in the background of the ESPN on-campus gameday show, doesn't mean you're not interested in football.

Sure, Midwestern people have all kinds of elaborate rituals around game day. That doesn't make them any better fans, just more into doing that kind of shit.
Fan..short for "fanatic".

If being a fan means "being into that sort of shit", well, yeah, guilty as charged I suppose.

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that the West Coast has any sort of real zeal for the game of football. It's a distraction like a thousand other distractions. Somehow I'm the bad guy for pointing that out, but, ok...whatever...it literally is what it is and I appreciate a couple people trying to stick up for an otherwise largely apathetic fan base...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #38
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,155
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 881
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

then there's the fact that the 2nd largest city in the US didn't support an NFL team ...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #39
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

I may have approached this incorrectly: I DO apologize for that. It is right and proper to measure tailgating against gold standards like (but not limited to) the Steelers and Buckeyes...I've been to Notre Dame stadium and that's pretty intense as well, with cars lining up in traffic very early in the morning. I've heard good things about Penn State 'gates, and I'm sure there are dozens of other examples of great Midwestern tailgating that measure up (and I've heard terrific things about SEC 'gates as well). Based on everything I've read, seen, heard and witnessed myself, there just isn't nearly as much zeal or vigor in the typical West Coast fan.

Now, just to show I'm not playing a game of one-up-manship, my Zips have a miserable track record of tailgating, and although I hit every game early and try to do my part, there are usually only a meager few hundred fans who join me. Hopefully with the new stadium that will change a little...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts