Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #291
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Lets go Pitt Football!

Try to sugar coat it all you want, Joe Pa is very good at signing cup cakes to boost his win loss record.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #292
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
Those are better teams than Pitt

LOL
See, now you're just being an ingnorant fool, showing your real fear of playing an instate Rival knowing that Rivalry games are double edged swords and Joe Pa has fear of losing those games.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #293
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
Those are better teams than Pitt

LOL
Steel Head, I'm a Penn State fan, and I'm not dumb enough to even say that. Pitt has gotten dramatically better within the last year. If you had to ask me If I was on the BCS Committee and asked me which team would give Penn State better weight in the rankings, a win over Pitt would aid Penn State much better then a win over a team such as a I-AA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Michigan and Ohio state are IN CONFERENCE GAMES. so you have to Lose to them every year. Deal with it.

oh and for the record:

Penn State's four non-conference opponents, all of whom will visit Beaver Stadium, were a combined 18-30 last season with no bowl appearances.

Effing Cowards REFUSE to sign Home and Home with anyone worth a Damn. I look foward to watching Alabama stomp a mudhole in you're pathetic arse and seeing how hard Joe tries to get out of that series down the road.

Guess its good you play Temple, Akron and Youngstown state all in the 2010 Season.

Effing Pusssies.
I'm aware of that.

Hmmmm, I guess that means you think Alabama isn't worth playing. Joe's playing them 1 and 1. How about Virginia? Nebraska? or Rutgers for that Matter?

Yep Joe sure doesn't want to play anybody worth a damn

btw, Penn State plays Akron in 2009. Kent State is the MAC game in 2010.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #294
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

I'm all about playing Nebraska, I actually went to the Pitt at Nebraska game a few years back, that was before we signed the home and home with Va Tech, Clemson (who backed out) NC State and Miami. Plus the current home and home with Notre Dame, oh and Iowa.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #295
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Play us. Or don't talk smack. That's my point. It is Well Documented that it is Joe Pa preventing the Pitt vs Penn State game. He wants a 2 home for 1 home knowing that the Pitt AD would never go for that. Yet he signs home and home with Syracuse.

Home and Home vs Pitt, that's what we want, bring it. We have been waiting 9 years. 12-0.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #296
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Play us. Or don't talk smack. That's my point. It is Well Documented that it is Joe Pa preventing the Pitt vs Penn State game. He wants a 2 home for 1 home knowing that the Pitt AD would never go for that. Yet he signs home and home with Syracuse.

Home and Home vs Pitt, that's what we want, bring it. We have been waiting 9 years. 12-0.
I can't blame Peterson for it either. I wouldn't go for that myself either. I'd even go for a neutral site game myself if he wants a 3 year deal.

Also try winning a BCS Bowl Game or don't talk smack.

Don't you worry, I've been waiting just as long.

Quote:
I'm all about playing Nebraska, I actually went to the Pitt at Nebraska game a few years back, that was before we signed the home and home with Va Tech, Clemson (who backed out) NC State and Miami. Plus the current home and home with Notre Dame, oh and Iowa.
The 2002 Game for Penn State against them was a total whitewash. I was stunned to see with how bad they were in 2003, that they even were that close against Nebraska.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #297
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I can't blame Peterson for it either. I wouldn't go for that myself either. I'd even go for a neutral site game myself if he wants a 3 year deal.

Also try winning a BCS Bowl Game or don't talk smack.

Don't you worry, I've been waiting just as long.

The 2002 Game for Penn State against them was a total whitewash. I was stunned to see with how bad they were in 2003, that they even were that close against Nebraska.
Pitt at Nebraska, Effing missed field goal to win the game and then it comes out the kicker had a bad knee all day. But the Sea of Red is a great place for a game.

PSU is 1-1 in BCS Games, Pitt is 0-1. So when we get the Big East Bid this year (Which I expect or Dave needs fired) We will be 1-1.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #298
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Pitt at Nebraska, Effing missed field goal to win the game and then it comes out the kicker had a bad knee all day. But the Sea of Red is a great place for a game.

PSU is 1-1 in BCS Games, Pitt is 0-1. So when we get the Big East Bid this year (Which I expect or Dave needs fired) We will be 1-1.
I won't argue with that Dino.

This is Dave's make or break. If he gets no Bowl win this year, I think he may be close to the chopping block. He's had his mercy. For me to say Pitt will be 1-1 in BCS Games, is dependent upon who they get.

Btw, I know Penn State is 1-1 in BCS games and if they live up to expectations, they'll be in the BCS themselves to. Just hopefully both sides will have no choice but to accept a Bowl Game against each other.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #299
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Just hopefully both sides will have no choice but to accept a Bowl Game against each other.
Now on that...we agree!!

Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #300
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Now on that...we agree!!

I'll second that one.