Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: McNabb booed? "We want Vick!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Aint that the truth?

Eagles fans are the most fickle (and ignorant) fans in the NFL. As soon as Vick makes even the slightest mistake, they'll pelt him with snowballs and whatever else they can get their drunken little mitts on. Hell - they threw snowballs at and booed Santa Claus a few years back.
I think Eagles fans are just depressed. When I lived there, if I talked to any of them a day or two before the game, 90% of them were like, "OK, what's going to go wrong now?" They're even worse than 49ers fans.

It's like when they're losing, they love to be cynical, and when they're winning, they can't believe it. I have no idea why that is, but they really do have some kind of masochistic bent.

I doubt McNabb cares much. He's already been able to shrug off the same shit for 10 years, so why would this be the one that rattles his cage?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #12
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Kind of hard to believe that both fan bases(Steelers/Eagles) are in the same state. They are polar opposites of each other.
It's amazing what a well placed mountain range can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I very distinctly recall hearing the same crap last season with Ben/Lefty. The ONLY thing that saved us from about ten thousand "Ben sucks," and "Ben: the $102 Million Bust" threads this offseason was his performance in the postseason and SB. And following the first bad game Ben has this season people will be right back to riding his ass again. No, in this regard, Eagles fans and Steelers fans are very much alike, like it or not.
This comparison makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You're trying to compare our message board crowd with their fans in the stands. Every teams' message boards have people who say all kinds of crazy things. That's the nature of the internet. Just because you have 20 people on a forum who want Lefty starting b/c Ben has a bad game doesn't mean it's gonna turn into a chant it at Heinz Field. That's the difference between us and Philly.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, but the fans were not booing Ben and chanting Lefty. Or throwing shit at players, or Santa Clause for that matter.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-...of-being-booed

Quote:
Big Ben said the hometown boos incited his halftime tirade, which sparked the offense to play better.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #14
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Thanked 1,014 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

I didn't hear anywhere where the fans where chanting for Lefty. Also, an instance or two here or there does not equate 20 years worth of shitty fans in Philly.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
I was at that game. It wasn't Ben who was being booed. It was the whole offense. There were no chants to bring in Lefty either.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
I didn't hear anywhere where the fans where chanting for Lefty. Also, an instance or two here or there does not equate 20 years worth of shitty fans in Philly.
You're talking about a fan base who harassed and berated a 4-time SB champion and 2-time SB MVP so much that he didn't come back to Pittsburgh for 20 years.

So yeah, The Nation isn't much better than Philthy fans in that regard. They are and have been just as harsh and fickle.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You're talking about a fan base who harassed and berated a 4-time SB champion and 2-time SB MVP so much that he didn't come back to Pittsburgh for 20 years.

So yeah, The Nation isn't much better than Philthy fans in that regard. They are and have been just as harsh and fickle.
Thank you. That's exactly what I was getting at. Fans are fans, regardless of whether they're on the web or in the stands.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

Actually I had forgotten about that. It was pretty bad in the Korkie days too, but he deserved it. I guess I was just surprised to hear that in a pre-season game.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts

at least the steelers didn't start the boo's the day he was drafted....

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #20
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Quote:
at least the steelers didn't start the boo's the day he was drafted....

[youtube][/youtube]

Very true. We can ALL agree on that.