Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #21
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: McNabb booed? "We want Vick!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
This comparison makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You're trying to compare our message board crowd with their fans in the stands. Every teams' message boards have people who say all kinds of crazy things. That's the nature of the internet. Just because you have 20 people on a forum who want Lefty starting b/c Ben has a bad game doesn't mean it's gonna turn into a chant it at Heinz Field. That's the difference between us and Philly.
As X-T pointed out, there's a reason Bradshaw didn't set foot in Pittsburgh for a good 2 decades after he retired. I'll leave it at that.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote:
When Fans Attack: The 10 Worst Fanbases in Sports

10. Chicago Cubs fans

The Shane Victorino thing aside, Cubs fans make this list for their continuous "woe is me" attitude. Nobody likes sports fans who feel sorry for themselves, and Cubs fans are the best at that. If the Cubs lose three games in a row in April, they start thinking about next year. I mean, c'mon.

9. New York Rangers fans

Somebody needs to tell these people that the New York metro area actually has two other hockey teams.

New York Rangers fans act like they own the hockey world and frown upon anyone who roots for the Devils and Islanders, despite the fact that both clubs have won more Stanley Cups in the past 50 years than the Rangers (Islanders four, Devils three, Rangers one).

8. Boston Red Sox fans

Remember that nerd from high school that developed some computer chip, struck it rich, and now thinks he's hot stuff? Well, that's the Red Sox fan in a nutshell.

Only a few years ago they were the AL version of Cubs fans, always down, always pessimistic, always willing to accept failure. They were lovable losers.

Then they win a couple of rings, and BAM, now they're Yankee fans. Nothing like forgetting your roots. Sickening.
PATRIOTS ANYONE ???

7. St. Louis Cardinals fans

People have referred to them as the best fanbase in baseball. They're always happy, and they never boo their own team or players. It's like having a fanbase full of Mr. Rogers clones and kindergarten teachers.

Cheering and saying good job for bad play is OK in youth sports, but not for professionals. I'm sorry, but if somebody on my team strikes out four times, I'm not giving him a standing ovation, period.

These fans make the rest of us normal people look bad.

6. New Jersey Nets fans

Do they even exist?

If they do, then this is how pathetic they are...when the Nets were on their way to the Finals against the LA Lakers, I decided to go to an Eastern Conference championship game against the Celtics. I drove to the arena, walked up to the ticket window, and purchased two tickets on the day of the game.

Empty seats for a conference title game means you really suck as a fanbase.

I bet they'll be the first to cry foul when the Nets move to Brooklyn, too.

5. Philadelphia Eagles fans

These are the same fans who hate their quarterback, despite the fact that he's never in trouble, played with a broken ankle, and led the Eagles to five NFC title games and one Super Bowl in 10 seasons.

And don't even think about wearing your team's colors in "The Linc." I once saw them smack a cheesehead off a 10-year-old kid's head.

But what do you expect from fans who once threw snowballs at Santa Claus?

4. Dallas Cowboys fans

Nothing is more pathetic than an elitist fanbase whose team hasn't even won a playoff game since Bill Clinton was President.

Still, Cowboys fans will argue how good they are every year (even when they're not), how Tony Romo is the best QB in the division (even though he has yet to win a big game, while Donovan McNabb has been to five championship games and one Super Bowl, and Eli Manning has won a Super Bowl), and how they're the Yankees of the NFL (even though the Steelers have won more championships).

And when they have no argument, they just revert to talking about the 1990s.

3. New York Yankee fans

The elitist snobs of the fan world, the Yankees have won more championships than any team in any sport, and their fans will let you know it.

Never mind that the Yankees haven't won it all in almost 10 years, didn't make the playoffs last year, and are currently behind the rival Boston Red Sox in championships this decade. Yankee fans will still walk with their noses in the air as they make their way to their $2,500 seats to watch their $200 million team, while still complaining that the Yankees didn't get Roy Halladay at the trade deadline.

The Yankee fan has a sense of entitlement and little sense of fiscal responsibility or reality.

2. Oakland Raiders fans

These people are just lunatics, period.

They paint their faces, dress like Tina Turner in Mad Max, and actually believe that despite weighing only 150 pounds, wearing face paint, a mohawk, and shoulder pads with foam spikes will strike fear in the hearts of pro football players who are big enough to get tackled by Ray Lewis and live to tell about it.

And their team still sucks.

1. Philadelphia Phillies fans

If Philadelphia had 10 sports teams, then chances are no other city would crack this list.

For years these fans simply used the baseball season to pass the time until it was time to travel to Lehigh University to watch Eagles training camp, but now that the Phillies are champions, there are Phillies jerseys and caps all over the place, more and more McNabb jerseys being replaced by Ryan Howard jerseys.

As a Mets fan I have personally had my manhood challenged, my wife and son insulted, food and drinks thrown at me, walked to my seats amid chanting of @$$ hole, and had a grown man tell my children they suck for being Mets fans. I can personally attest to these individuals being vile, bottom-feeding, fickle sports fans.

These same people gave the best third baseman ever, their very own Mike Schmidt, a terrible time his entire career, and once threw batteries at J.D. Drew (come to think of it, who wouldn't love to throw batteries at J.D. Drew?).

They are simply the worst fanbase in all of sports, period.
UMMM THEY'RE ALSO THE IGGLE FANS...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Don't know how in the world the Flyers didn't make that list. They definitely should have been on there over St. Louis Cards fans. I mean, how can you give a fanbase flak for always being behind their team no matter what? They should be applauded for it. That's why they are the best fans in sports, period. Sorry Nation.

I won't disagree that Philthy fans are the worst in pro sports. The Nation and Pittsburgh fans in general are an order of magnitude better than them all-around. But that doesn't mean that their hands are squeaky clean, because they clearly are NOT. And I won't hesitate to point that out wherever possible.

And just to reaffirm how bad it is to be a Mets fan at a Phillies game, there was a well-publicized video of a Phillies fan punching out a Mets fan at a game 2 weeks ago. And need I remind everyone of the Phillies fan that was beaten to death outside a nightclub next door to the stadium by other Phillies fans? Yeah, they prove their unworthiness each and every year.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #24
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Philly fans are trash

proven fact

i'd rank Red Sox fans higher than Yankees
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Don't know how in the world the Flyers didn't make that list. They definitely should have been on there over St. Louis Cards fans. I mean, how can you give a fanbase flak for always being behind their team no matter what? They should be applauded for it. That's why they are the best fans in sports, period. Sorry Nation.

I won't disagree that Philthy fans are the worst in pro sports. The Nation and Pittsburgh fans in general are an order of magnitude better than them all-around. But that doesn't mean that their hands are squeaky clean, because they clearly are NOT. And I won't hesitate to point that out wherever possible.
people around here need to apply that logic in thier government party bashing post...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #26
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
2. Oakland Raiders fans

These people are just lunatics, period.

They paint their faces, dress like Tina Turner in Mad Max, and actually believe that despite weighing only 150 pounds, wearing face paint, a mohawk, and shoulder pads with foam spikes will strike fear in the hearts of pro football players who are big enough to get tackled by Ray Lewis and live to tell about it.

And their team still sucks.
I'd put them at #1, if only because of personal experience. I don't care who boos the loudest -- you can't even go to the game if you're not rooting for the Raiders, unless you want to get in an actual fistfight. This is no joke; you'll usually have something like 30 people getting arrested for violence every game, and a lot more getting into smaller fights. My friend Carlton is usually among them.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

I listened to McNabb's presser after the game, and while he was respectful as always, you could tell he has had enough of the wildcat experiment. He seized of the question of how difficult it is to get into a rhythm when you are being sent to wide out every few plays. Only Andy Ried would be arrogant enough to mess with one of the more productive o's in the league just to prove a point. If Andy wants a better offense he could just try calling an actual running play to an actual running back (like maybe Brian Westbrook, maybe), say after every four or five pass plays . A truly novel idea, Andy.

There are idiot fans of every team and every sport (even Pittsburgh), but Philli seems to have an inordinate number of fans who don't seem to appreciate what they have.

Honestly, they don't deserve McNabb(or Mike Richards ).

Last edited by OneForTheToe; 08-28-2009 at 04:10 PM.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post

Honestly, they don't deserve McNabb(or Mike Richards ).
yeah its a crying shame they didn't get ricky williams like they wanted....
i just can't figure out why mcnabb keeps renewing with them... i'd have been out of there as soon as my rookie contract was up.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #29
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i just can't figure out why mcnabb keeps renewing with them... i'd have been out of there as soon as my rookie contract was up.
How many times have you seen a pretty good QB go to another team and then not quite be the same, and two years later he's riding the bench at the veteran minimum and hoping for a shot to prove he can still play?

That's why he doesn't leave. Regardless of what the fans are like in Philly, he's got something that works, which is more than a lot of QBs can say. I doubt he'll bail on them until it either comes down to money or they really do demote him to No. 2 one day.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #30
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You're talking about a fan base who harassed and berated a 4-time SB champion and 2-time SB MVP so much that he didn't come back to Pittsburgh for 20 years.

So yeah, The Nation isn't much better than Philthy fans in that regard. They are and have been just as harsh and fickle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Thank you. That's exactly what I was getting at. Fans are fans, regardless of whether they're on the web or in the stands.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote