Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #21
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867
Default Re: Top Selling NFL Jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Somehow, that seems like a counterproductive plan. I mean, everyone likes winning, but voluntarily knocking yourself 20 places down in the draft is going to cost you about $30 million. I think he really believes he can get more money this way. Boy, is he in for a surprise.
I guess it depends on what you value more... Money, ether way he's gonna earn a nice chunk. If not now, somewhere down the line. So while he might have to live modestly he will up his odds on getting some rings. But Id say your probably right, its about a 90% chance this bonehead actually thinks he can get top 10 money.

I was just fleshing out another possible reason for this idiotic move on his part.
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post
I guess it depends on what you value more... Money, ether way he's gonna earn a nice chunk. If not now, somewhere down the line. So while he might have to live modestly he will up his odds on getting some rings. But Id say your probably right, its about a 90% chance this bonehead actually thinks he can get top 10 money.

I was just fleshing out another possible reason for this idiotic move on his part.
Is it possible? Yes.

What I don't get is the college QB that threw him all those balls that made him such a productive receiver is considered a system QB....but Crabtree isn't considered a system WR.

When you throw the ball all the time, receivers are going to put up big numbers like Crabtree did...especially in the Big 12 where nobody plays defense.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #23
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Is it possible? Yes.

What I don't get is the college QB that threw him all those balls that made him such a productive receiver is considered a system QB....but Crabtree isn't considered a system WR.

When you throw the ball all the time, receivers are going to put up big numbers like Crabtree did...especially in the Big 12 where nobody plays defense.
I guess you never saw him actually play. The kid has a gift for catching the football. Its one thing to fake out inept college defenders and run for TDs all over the place and make yourself look like a god (see Vince Young or Reggie Bush) but when push comes to shove, skill and talent involved with catching a pass thrown your way is pretty undeniable whether it be college or NFL. Larry Fitzgerald for instance...every bit as dominant as he was in college. Even our own Santonio Holmes.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #24
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post

I don't think there's any rookie in history who's held out for less money and the chance to go to a better team. Especially when his agent has publicly stated that the holdout is over money because he feels like he was slighted by Al Davis and should be the highest-paid receiver in the draft. The whole thing is a fricking fantasy football mock draft argument.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #25
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
At some point, someone REALLY needs to explain to him that sitting out a whole season is going to cost him a hell of a lot more money than he can expect to ever make out of it.

I mean, let me get this straight: He expects to sit out a whole year and then have someone spend a top-five pick on him AFTER he pulled a stunt like this? Fat chance, buddy. I don't care if you're the greatest receiver in the history of the game, you just knocked yourself out of the first round entirely, maybe the first day. No one is going to take a chance with a high pick on you after that. You'll be lucky to make $1 million a year, not $8-$10M. I'm just checking. I mean, that's seriously your plan? Because it sounds kind of like a joke.

You know what else I worry about if he does sit out the whole year? Everyone passes on him all day, and then the fricking Patriots snag him at like #25 and he miraculously shows up a changed man with a great attitude and everything. That IS something that would happen.
The funniest thing would be that the NFL and NFLPA sign a CBA before next year's draft with a rookie salary cap.Then he tries to sign the offer from the 49ers but they withdraw and he gets draft in the 2nd or 3rd day with a ridiculous base salary instead of what he would have got originally from the niners
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #26
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
The funniest thing would be that the NFL and NFLPA sign a CBA before next year's draft with a rookie salary cap.Then he tries to sign the offer from the 49ers but they withdraw and he gets draft in the 2nd or 3rd day with a ridiculous base salary instead of what he would have got originally from the niners
With or without a rookie salary cap, unless he signs what the Niners put in front of him, Crabtree is probably costing himself a cool $30 million because his ego is so big he wants to haggle over $2 million. He's an idiot, and if that's what happens, he's getting exactly what he deserves.

It's a shame, too, because I thought he might finally be the kind of awesomely talented guy that could get the 49ers over the hump to at least being a serious football team again.