Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
If he actually started the yapping I wouldn't be very happy. But that rat was the one that started the trash talking. Porter simply responded.

Side note : Porter spoke out before the Colts game and nobody on the Colt roster even said anything and he still went out there and put Manning on a leash and named him "Beotch".
Sorry, Stevens wasn't teash talking- that's asinine.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

He guaranteed a Seahawk win. That is not considered "teash talking"?
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #13
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
He guaranteed a Seahawk win. That is not considered "teash talking"?
Could I get a link to that please? I'd like you to read his response in context so you'll stop this nonsense.

They asked Stevens about Bettis' victory parade, what is he supposed to say, "yeah- we suck and don't have a chance"?!
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
Could I get a link to that please? I'd like you to read his response in context so you'll stop this nonsense.

They asked Stevens about Bettis' victory parade, what is he supposed to say, "yeah- we suck and don't have a chance"?!
What do you need a link for? You know what he said. Are you capable of finding the quote yourself? Or are mommy and daddy giving you "short time" to play on the computer tonight?

What was he supposed to say? Me personally, while wearing a rat on my chin of course........ "Well, it's a great story and If It was against any other team I hope he get's his wish, but on Sunday I hope he does not.".

But that's just me. If you actually think that Stevens was not taking a shot at Bettis and stirring the pot then it's obvious that you have no idea what your talking about.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #15
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
What do you need a link for? You know what he said. Are you capable of finding the quote yourself? Or are mommy and daddy giving you "short time" to play on the computer tonight?

What was he supposed to say? Me personally, while wearing a rat on my chin of course........ "Well, it's a great story and If It was against any other team I hope he get's his wish, but on Sunday I hope he does not.".

But that's just me. If you actually think that Stevens was not taking a shot at Bettis and stirring the pot then it's obvious that you have no idea what your talking about.
Not even Bettis thought he was trash talking. No other Steeler thinks so. Stevens isn't a trash talker. Porter clearly doesn't have what it takes to play in big games without creating fake controveries...
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:03 PM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
Not even Bettis thought he was trash talking. No other Steeler thinks so. Stevens isn't a trash talker. Porter clearly doesn't have what it takes to play in big games without creating fake controveries...
How is Porter creating fake "controveries"?

Rat boy spoke out and Porter responded.

No other Steeler thinks so? Do you have a link?
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I agree with the author's take...I'll never understand smack talk on the field, and I don't care for it, but...whatever works.
i guess its like smack talk on one of thes forums. sometimes its just fun.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
If he actually started the yapping I wouldn't be very happy. But that rat was the one that started the trash talking. Porter simply responded.

Side note : Porter spoke out before the Colts game and nobody on the Colt roster even said anything and he still went out there and put Manning on a leash and named him "Beotch".
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,306
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,316
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: Joey Porter's Mouth Better Not Beat Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
Not even Bettis thought he was trash talking. No other Steeler thinks so. Stevens isn't a trash talker. Porter clearly doesn't have what it takes to play in big games without creating fake controveries...
translation: porter doesnt have what it takes to play in big games without energy

who does? well too bad cause now porter has got it (*wink, wink* he had it all along)
youre off your game and so will be stevens. mission accomplished.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts