Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Under dogs Pats gritty win????

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Even the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers surrendered their lead and were down to the Arizona Cardinals in the super bowl.
Yeah, and remind me again what the Patriots did when that happened in the Super Bowl?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Had the bills downed the ball, they would have started at the 20 before the 2 minute warning and, because of the patriot's 3 time outs, they might have had to throw for the first, (barring a great running play). That game was by no means over if the bills had downed the ball. The defense made that fumble happen which is what a good defense does.

I'll tell you where the Bills gave the game away. They gave it away when they started playing 'prevent' with Brady backed up inside the 20 with 5 minutes left. Pressure caused Brady to throw that pick for six. Pressure caused McKelvin to fumble the ball.

Lesson of the Evening: If you pressure Brady, he'll make mistakes. If you sit back and play to prevent the big play, he'll pick you apart with short passes.
I actually agree with this...Run a Prevent Defense, and Brady will Kill you everytime.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I have always said the only thing a prevent defense prevents is your team winning.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
I actually agree with this...Run a Prevent Defense, and Brady will Kill you everytime.
Yeah, that's pretty dead-on. Unless you get in his face, you're going to get picked apart by frustrating bullshit 5-to-12 yard catch and runs all day, with the occasional deep ball if your safeties are too busy jerking off to help out in coverage, which they usually are.

Something about playing the Patriots seems to inspire opposing safeties to jerk off all day. Probably the general gayness that Brady brings to the field. That must be his hidden superpower.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I agree with the prevent in ONE scenario only...when the team behind has the ball with less than 10 seconds to go and needs a FG or TD and/or more than 40 yards to get in FG range or score a TD. Then you rush 3 and stand a bunch of dudes in front of the where they need to be...

That's about it...

BUT, this is beside the point...the fact is the Pats played a shit team at home, and that shit team had to implode for them to pull out the victory. SOME people on this board predicted that the Pats aren't really all that sans cheating, and isn't this just a tiny bit of evidence supporting such a notion?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #16
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

The only thing more sickening than the fold by Buffalo were the creepy remarks by the announcers in the booth on how "pretty" Brady's style was. Guys are supposed to say that about Megan Fox, not about other guys in uniform. Mike Tirico should do spots for the Ramrod Sports Bar.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I agree with the prevent in ONE scenario only...when the team behind has the ball with less than 10 seconds to go and needs a FG or TD and/or more than 40 yards to get in FG range or score a TD. Then you rush 3 and stand a bunch of dudes in front of the where they need to be...

That's about it...

BUT, this is beside the point...the fact is the Pats played a shit team at home, and that shit team had to implode for them to pull out the victory. SOME people on this board predicted that the Pats aren't really all that sans cheating, and isn't this just a tiny bit of evidence supporting such a notion?
Sure, if Brady continues to play like this then some element that was formerly there is now clearly missing, but if he improves then, probably, his timing was just off for his first outing in a year. We'll see.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwalls View Post
Under dogs Pats gritty win????
Hey bro, shouldn't that read, "Under dogs Pats gimme win????"

I'm pretty sure it should.

Sadly though, it'll instead go down as a great Brady comeback.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #19
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
In that scenario, I'd recommend a pervert defense.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:34 AM   #20
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927

Quote:
Had the bills downed the ball, they would have started at the 20 before the 2 minute warning and, because of the patriot's 3 time outs, they might have had to throw for the first, (barring a great running play). That game was by no means over if the bills had downed the ball. The defense made that fumble happen which is what a good defense does.

I'll tell you where the Bills gave the game away. They gave it away when they started playing 'prevent' with Brady backed up inside the 20 with 5 minutes left. Pressure caused Brady to throw that pick for six. Pressure caused McKelvin to fumble the ball.

Lesson of the Evening: If you pressure Brady, he'll make mistakes. If you sit back and play to prevent the big play, he'll pick you apart with short passes.
Nope I seen 1 prevent called and the rest cover 2. Either way the bills were moving the ball they would have won I truely believe that. One bone head play was the difference. And you act like the Cards are scrubs, from what I seen of the Pats the other night the Cards would decimate them.