Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #21
steelrush
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14589
Default Re: WTF: refs trying to give game to pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL;
Forget that post. The bills decided to shoot themselves and help the refs. Fumble in kickoff with 2 min left. What a tool. Buffalo has something in it's water that turns their football players to dumbf*cks
I agree with your statement.
But on another note:
I was baffled by the poor, draggin' one foot through the sand game the Cheatriots played. I mean, c'mon! All that media "Brady's back and the Pats are ranking #1 all over again" thrown hype.
Boy.....whoaaaaa....If WE had played them we would've whooped their sorry a***s all the way outta Foxborough and to the middle of the Atlantic!
What a pathetic game...and against the Bills? And at home???
I can't wait to see them taking the Titans on, Oct.18 in Week 6!
steelrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #22
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
although im not a fan of ''excuses'' I have to admit that after taking a look at the Patriots schedule this year Im confused.

I mean if you want to give special treatments you couldnt do better than that.

All the ''tough teams'' they are facing are in New England(Carolina,Baltimore and Titans) the only tough team they are facing away are the Colts and they are not a ''physical'' team.

also the game they are playing in London of course had to be an away game so they could still play 8 games in Foxboro

I wish we can play them in the playoffs and beat the %??/$?$/? out of them

I hate the Patriots,I think I hate them even more than the rat birds
Do you have any idea how the NFL comes up with its schedule?

It's a simple rotation: besides the six division games, you also have four games against another division in your conference, once every three years; four games against each team from a division outside your conference, once every four years; and two games against teams that finished in the same place that your team did.

Once you go through those rotations you repeat, alternating home and away. Fans get to see every team within their conference play their team twice in six years, once home and once away. And fans get to see their team play every team in the other conference twice every eight years, once home and once away.

Considering the Steelers schedule this year, I wouldn't advise getting in to a debate about another team having an "easy" schedule. I think your hatred of the Patriots may be clouding your common sense.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #23
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927

I thought it was kinda funny though Jaws got a little lippy with Gruden once....man I was hopeing gruden was going punch him in the mouth....
Old 09-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #24
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughC View Post
Do you have any idea how the NFL comes up with its schedule?

It's a simple rotation: besides the six division games, you also have four games against another division in your conference, once every three years; four games against each team from a division outside your conference, once every four years; and two games against teams that finished in the same place that your team did.

Once you go through those rotations you repeat, alternating home and away. Fans get to see every team within their conference play their team twice in six years, once home and once away. And fans get to see their team play every team in the other conference twice every eight years, once home and once away.

Considering the Steelers schedule this year, I wouldn't advise getting in to a debate about another team having an "easy" schedule. I think your hatred of the Patriots may be clouding your common sense.
Huh....I know how schedule works....although not true for alterning home and away.They do alternate but it's not necessary the next time,sometimes team can be away against the same team 2 or 3 consecutive games before having the next 2 or 3 at home.(which means they didnt have to ''absolutely'' put the Pats at home against the Ravens as it is not even a rotation game)

Now yeah we might have an ''easy schedule'' but we didnt steal it that's my point.We had the toughest schedule since the 70's last year.What I'm saying is that I just find it weird that all the toughest games the Patriots are having this year(toughest physical teams I mean) are all at home and the 2 best opponents they are facing away are in a dome(Colts and Saints).

So yeah maybe I'm blinded by my hate for the Patriots but we dont get things like that in Steeler country,no in fact we get strip from evening games at Heinz against the rat birds

but anyway we'll see in the long run if those patriots are for real,hopefully we put a L on their road
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #25
HughC
Starter

Still true for alternating home and away in regards to schedule rotations. Nobody at the NFL offices is 'fixing' schedules. Teams also alternate in regards to the 1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd schedules. Due to the way they set up those rotations sometimes one team will be home two or even three years in a row against a team, and then away two or three years in a row against that team. It's all pre-determined by the rotation formula; nobody can change a home game to an away game or an away game to a home game.

In regards to them playing the Titans at home this year, if you look it up there's a simple explanation: last time they played the AFCS it was in Tennessee. As far as playing the Ravens at home, that's because of the way the 1st-1st, 2nd-2nd rotation works.

For example, let's look at the top AFCE teams since that's who we're discussing:
In '06 their div games are AFCS; then it's home vs west (den) and at the north (pitt).
'07 is div games vs AFCN; home vs west (sd) and at the south (indy).
'08 is div games vs AFCW; home vs north (pitt), away at south (indy).
'09 is div games vs AFCS; home vs north (balt), away at west (denv).
'10 will be div games vs AFCN; home vs south and away at west.
Should it continue '11 will be div games vs AFCW; home vs south and away at north.

So yes, teams can indeed be home (or away) against a specific team two or even three consecutive times. However, there is no man behind the curtain putting the Ravens on the road against New England, or anything like that. Even those final two games have a specific order to them, including where those games are played.

The reason I advised against bringing up the schedule is not so fans from another team would school you - which they would - it was because I didn't want Steeler fans to look like they didn't know what they were talking about.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:46 AM   #26
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Quote:
Still true for alternating home and away in regards to schedule rotations. Nobody at the NFL offices is 'fixing' schedules. Teams also alternate in regards to the 1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd schedules. Due to the way they set up those rotations sometimes one team will be home two or even three years in a row against a team, and then away two or three years in a row against that team. It's all pre-determined by the rotation formula; nobody can change a home game to an away game or an away game to a home game.

In regards to them playing the Titans at home this year, if you look it up there's a simple explanation: last time they played the AFCS it was in Tennessee. As far as playing the Ravens at home, that's because of the way the 1st-1st, 2nd-2nd rotation works.

For example, let's look at the top AFCE teams since that's who we're discussing:
In '06 their div games are AFCS; then it's home vs west (den) and at the north (pitt).
'07 is div games vs AFCN; home vs west (sd) and at the south (indy).
'08 is div games vs AFCW; home vs north (pitt), away at south (indy).
'09 is div games vs AFCS; home vs north (balt), away at west (denv).
'10 will be div games vs AFCN; home vs south and away at west.
Should it continue '11 will be div games vs AFCW; home vs south and away at north.

So yes, teams can indeed be home (or away) against a specific team two or even three consecutive times. However, there is no man behind the curtain putting the Ravens on the road against New England, or anything like that. Even those final two games have a specific order to them, including where those games are played.

The reason I advised against bringing up the schedule is not so fans from another team would school you - which they would - it was because I didn't want Steeler fans to look like they didn't know what they were talking about.
I see well seems like i was wrong,but how come we played the buccaneers 2 consecutive times in Tampa Bay before playing in Pittsburgh in 2006 ? It wasnt an ''additional game'' it was a rotational game so it should have been home-away no ?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #27
HughC
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
I see well seems like i was wrong,but how come we played the buccaneers 2 consecutive times in Tampa Bay before playing in Pittsburgh in 2006 ? It wasnt an ''additional game'' it was a rotational game so it should have been home-away no ?
2002 (away) and 2006 (home) were part of the current rotation.

2001 was part of a completely different setup when there were only three divisions in each conferense, and there were a different number of teams in each division. 2001 schedule was also screwy because there were 31 teams in the league that year.

The current setup can still end up with up to three consecutive home (or away) games against a specific team because a "1 vs 1" plays home twice in a row (or away twice in a row) and then in the third year those two teams could meet in "this division vs that division", and that div-div rotation could happen to be be on the same home/away rotation.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 AM   #28
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Quote:
2002 (away) and 2006 (home) were part of the current rotation.

2001 was part of a completely different setup when there were only three divisions in each conferense, and there were a different number of teams in each division. 2001 schedule was also screwy because there were 31 teams in the league that year.

The current setup can still end up with up to three consecutive home (or away) games against a specific team because a "1 vs 1" plays home twice in a row (or away twice in a row) and then in the third year those two teams could meet in "this division vs that division", and that div-div rotation could happen to be be on the same home/away rotation.
Oh well thanks Ive always thought that schedule rotation and the 2 additional games that we play were synchronized.

like we played the Broncos in 07 in Denver but it was a non-rotational game and we're playing them this year in Denver and I was wondering why 2 consecutive games in Denver it made no-sense.And yeah didnt think about the 31 teams in 2001.

Then I appologize for the false statement that ive made ....league wants the pats to win the SB but they cant fix the schedule :p