Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-19-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
feuerstarta
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14342
Default News Articles ...

Hey everyone,
I am posting this here because this is the forum where generally all the news articles are posted. I have noticed as the more popular our boards have become there has been a huge increase in multiple threads from same source articles. I know I have made the mistake of posting a duplicate. But I think would help dramatically is instead of putting ones own title for the thread instead can get a little confusing of where you have read an article earlier. What I mean is that maybe we should amend the sticky on article posting to require the title of the thread to be the title of the article and in parenthesis be the parent location.

Examples:
1.) Sweed out, Timmons in (nflfromethesidelines)
2.) Steelers's Sweed out with foot injury (Post-gazette)

I believe this should cut down on duplicate news articles from the same location. Before anyone askes apparently you didn't read the other thread and act all high and mighty, some of us travel for work and are only able to check once a day or every other day. when we come back there are 2 pages of new threads to read and it is very easily lost in the shuffle if it is timmons is back as the title but in the article it referenced as Sweed out.. with naming it this way a person can scan the titles of the threads and make a quick and clear decision, was this POSTED OR NOT.
feuerstarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
MN_Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 13794
Default Re: News Articles ...

agreed
MN_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: News Articles ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuerstarta View Post
Hey everyone,
I am posting this here because this is the forum where generally all the news articles are posted. I have noticed as the more popular our boards have become there has been a huge increase in multiple threads from same source articles. I know I have made the mistake of posting a duplicate. But I think would help dramatically is instead of putting ones own title for the thread instead can get a little confusing of where you have read an article earlier. What I mean is that maybe we should amend the sticky on article posting to require the title of the thread to be the title of the article and in parenthesis be the parent location.

Examples:
1.) Sweed out, Timmons in (nflfromethesidelines)
2.) Steelers's Sweed out with foot injury (Post-gazette)

I believe this should cut down on duplicate news articles from the same location. Before anyone askes apparently you didn't read the other thread and act all high and mighty, some of us travel for work and are only able to check once a day or every other day. when we come back there are 2 pages of new threads to read and it is very easily lost in the shuffle if it is timmons is back as the title but in the article it referenced as Sweed out.. with naming it this way a person can scan the titles of the threads and make a quick and clear decision, was this POSTED OR NOT.
While I think your idea is a good one in principle, if there are two or more articles on the exact same topic (i.e. the umpteen articles on Ben being sued by that tramp), they are going to be merged into one thread whether they are from the same tribunal or not. We don't like to clutter up the forums - particularly the Steelers football forum - especially now that the season has started. Whoever posted the first article on a particular topic will hold as the originator of that thread.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote