Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #1531
Nevermore
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 191
Member Number: 14524
Thanks: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Saying "we got outplayed all night" when that really wasn't the case at all IS talking smack. Someone saying "we beat the piss out of the Ravens" was simply retaliation to his coming here and starting a confrontation to begin with. That's all I'm going to say about the matter, because frankly, I don't care what you think.


Saying "You suck" is talking smack.

Stating an opininion about how someone thought you got outplayed because the Titans had 2 scoring opportunities before the Steelers got any and that they answered a 2 minute drill with a 1 minute drill at the end of the first half I see as far from smack.

Stating that a kicker rarely misses from within 40 yards in the NFL is far from smack.

Stating that the Ravens did not get "the piss kicked out of them" because both regular season games were decided in the last seconds on close calls, is far from smack.

I agree it might have been a bit early to question the win and done in the wrong forum. A frustrated fan venting in your celebration is perhaps in poor taste, but nothing he said was incorrect or disrepectful to the team or individuals. Once again, it is your world and the "months of letting him slide" (which I find to be doubtful) I assume means that a fan of another team shoudl not express his opinions here. Of course if that is the case, you should put that in the post heading, so there is no confusion.

Perhaps you not really "caring what I think" is the most telling point.....

Good luck this season. I "think" you will need it. (not smack)
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #1532
steeldawg
Starter
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 626
Member Number: 13605
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Saying "You suck" is talking smack.

Stating an opininion about how someone thought you got outplayed because the Titans had 2 scoring opportunities before the Steelers got any and that they answered a 2 minute drill with a 1 minute drill at the end of the first half I see as far from smack.

Stating that a kicker rarely misses from within 40 yards in the NFL is far from smack.

Stating that the Ravens did not get "the piss kicked out of them" because both regular season games were decided in the last seconds on close calls, is far from smack.

I agree it might have been a bit early to question the win and done in the wrong forum. A frustrated fan venting in your celebration is perhaps in poor taste, but nothing he said was incorrect or disrepectful to the team or individuals. Once again, it is your world and the "months of letting him slide" (which I find to be doubtful) I assume means that a fan of another team shoudl not express his opinions here. Of course if that is the case, you should put that in the post heading, so there is no confusion.

Perhaps you not really "caring what I think" is the most telling point.....

Good luck this season. I "think" you will need it. (not smack)

Blah blah blah.....go cry on a titans forum if you want some sympathy......titans came into hines field and got punched in the mouth.........and i disagree saying we got outplayed is incorrect just check the box score..............
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #1533
steelwalls
Starter
 
steelwalls's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 409
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13927
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Calls.

1. a holding on Starks was called in a huge situation, replay showed he never wrapped the guy, only fell on him....even Collinsworthless said it was a terrible call

2, No offensive pass interferance when Troy broke up that play at about the 15,,, infact he was called.

3. Troys INT he was face masked...not called.


Shut your pathetic mouths,,,, your team lost, they lost to a better team. Harp all day on how we cant run on your D.... only shows a team that cant run the ball can still kick your teams ass.. I wouldnt be so proud of that,
__________________
Da' Burg Zombie capitol of the world... All Zombie Attacks http://www.azattacks.com
steelwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #1534
steelwalls
Starter
 
steelwalls's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 409
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13927
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

and wanna say it was the kicker????? he was toughted as the best in the league....no it wasent a fluke, he missed, he got rattled then was blocked (of all things) basicly every arguement a Titan fan would have as to how they 'should' have won is actuallt just a testiment to our team. Yes nit only did our D man handle you, we also have special teams now, something we had NONE of last year.

As me you guys were lucky to come away by only loosing by 3. At no point did I think the TiTTies would win.
__________________
Da' Burg Zombie capitol of the world... All Zombie Attacks http://www.azattacks.com
steelwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #1535
sharkweek
Head Coach
 
sharkweek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,867
Member Number: 14205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
To post on the behalf of Stover before he got banned (which I'm sure I will once this hits the streets.) The point was that you won. Absolutely. And that is all that matters. My observation, and the observation of many on this forum, was that the Steelers were going to dominate this game from start to finish. There was no way that the Titans with Kerry Collins were going to be able to stand up to Big Ben and the best defenst in the NFL last year. As it turned out, the game came down to a coin toss and a couple poor field goal kicks. I guess the perspective from those living outside of Pittsburgh is that a team that talked so much (at least fans) didn't not walk as much. Beronis makes either kick and the game is over.

A win regardless. And in the end of the season, all that matters. Congrats to the towl and the people who wave it. I see no reason that Stover got banned. All that he said was not derogatory, but actual fact. I will be standing by for my ban as well.


Fansince76 I see your trigger finger as quite twitchy, but hey, this is your land, so do as you like.......

Go Ravens.......!
The game didn't just come down to two missed FGs and a coin toss - Ben also absorbed a 19 yard sack when they were in otherwise chipshot Reed FG range and forced a punting situation instead.

Ward also fumbled going for the endzone which forced the OT as well.

Anyone with an unbiased eye that watched the game could clearly see the Titans were reeling and desperate for their lives towards the end of the game. Ben drove us down the field twice at the end of the game at will. The OT was just a do-over for a mistake that Ward almost never makes, the Titans were "lucky" for that just as we were "lucky" for missed FGs.

If we take away all the most obvious lucky breaks on both sides, its 16-13 Titans at best with the Steelers 1st and goal inside the 10 with ~50 seconds left to go and two timeouts. I like I our chances there. It was a hard fought game, the Titans are good team, but you cannot convince me that luck had anything to do with our winning - we outplayed them when all said and done.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #1536
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,417
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 792 Times in 306 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
Blah blah blah.....go cry on a titans forum if you want some sympathy......titans came into hines field and got punched in the mouth.........and i disagree saying we got outplayed is incorrect just check the box score..............
He's actually a Ravens fan. What's really laughable is that idiot troll that he came to defend and him both talking shit in spite of the fact that their team begged out of this game. At least the Titans had the balls to show up.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #1537
AllD
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,586
Member Number: 11931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwalls View Post
Calls.

1. a holding on Starks was called in a huge situation, replay showed he never wrapped the guy, only fell on him....even Collinsworthless said it was a terrible call

2, No offensive pass interferance when Troy broke up that play at about the 15,,, infact he was called.

3. Troys INT he was face masked...not called.


Shut your pathetic mouths,,,, your team lost, they lost to a better team. Harp all day on how we cant run on your D.... only shows a team that cant run the ball can still kick your teams ass.. I wouldnt be so proud of that,
The refs still looked like they were in preseason mode. Lots of bad calls and non-calls seen on ty replay. With all the resources available to the NFL you would think they would find a fair way to officiate without having a striped crew resembling the entire Raider's organization. They need to have somebody or a crew up in the box reviewing the refs.

***Also, I cannot find the box scoring for the game anywhere on this forum or on the Steelers' website. Looking for yards/attempts, QB rating, and time of posession. Is it available anywhere online? I am not a fantasy guy, but just like stats and trend analysis. You have to look under a rock for meaningful stats for this team EXCEPT for Lombardi trophies.
__________________
ALL DEFENSE!!!
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #1538
saveus1011
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 240
Member Number: 14643
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

AIID, that is the best smiley ever.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts